• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Apr 13-19 | This Netkode Is An Injustice

Kalamari

I don't know why, but NRS games don't appeal to me. I guess it could be the jerky and clunkiness of the movement or the abrasiveness of the sounds and stuff. It might be a dealbreaker for me, kind of like girls that smoke. It's gross no matter how good looking they might be.

Skilletor

I don't know why, but NRS games don't appeal to me. I guess it could be the jerky and clunkiness of the movement or the abrasiveness of the sounds and stuff. It might be a dealbreaker for me, kind of like girls that smoke. It's gross no matter how good looking they might be.

I hate the controls, the way inputs have to be buffered so early.

Mkx is good, and the art is a ton better, but I know I won't play it past evo.

zlatko

Banned
MK netcode ranges from tolerable to awful. Even in a good connection game with my friend down the street, it still feels like you're playing underwater, especially when attempting to do combos.

The only way I would imagine you not noticing is if you never play the game offline, not even training room.

Super strange. I am unsure why I am so lucky then.

I can do 90% of my offline combos online with Takeda.

Hopefully it's ironed out in this day and age of updates.

I hate the controls, the way inputs have to be buffered so early.

Mkx is good, and the art is a ton better, but I know I won't play it past evo.
For the one day I played MK9, this was hard to get used to. If I was doing a 6 hit combo, I just mashed all the inputs out right as the first hit connected, and then it was like I watched a QTE. The buffering system was incredibly massive. I'm all about input buffering, but MK9 is excessive to the point where your inputs feel unnatural.

smurfx

get some go again
RIP Mahvel
image.php

No one likes my Kahn puns....? ( ._.)

I've failed you, Chen-pai.

Jesus Christ, fuck run cancels. I'm going to find a main that doesn't need run cancels for combos. I just can't get that shit right.

With Cassie, they're easy to start but timing the hit was difficult and with Jax, I can't even get the run started off his dash punch.

Kotal Kahn, it is.

Skilletor

For the one day I played MK9, this was hard to get used to. If I was doing a 6 hit combo, I just mashed all the inputs out right as the first hit connected, and then it was like I watched a QTE. The buffering system was incredibly massive. I'm all about input buffering, but MK9 is excessive to the point where your inputs feel unnatural.

Feels the same to me in mkx. I get that it's on purpose. Just have to realize it's not something I'll enjoy.

I'm going to out more time in. Friend of mine in cali loves it. Dunno if we can play with this netcode, though.

I was gonna suggest a title with an MK vs DC joke with the Superman vs Batman movie and the talk of how Supes and Batman are evil

But I can't think of shit

Someone go with that

Top Bottom