• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | July 21-27 | EMPty

Azure J

Man, this thread title is something. LOL

FGW | In theory, my thread title is more balanced, gets more views and will sell better than yours!

This one's like a NPD-GAF nomination or something.

FGW | Depletion of EMP

...and this one is great too. :lol

same day as Pokemon Omega Rehash Colors Edition for 3DS

It's Super Mario 3D World/A Link Between Worlds all over again if true. Meanwhile, look at how dry its been since Mario Kart 8. You'd think they'd pace these releases better when there's a gigantic hole between May and September for new games... Ah well, better get these preorders straight.

2745733089_tommy_pickles_10156_xlarge.jpeg

soakrates

SC5's biggest "problem" system-wise is that virtually everything is a gamble because of all the high damage scored from counter hits and the nerfed movement. But those are really matters of personal preference, as is the case with every installment of the series. There's no such thing as a proper SoulCalibur game because they're all so radically different from one another.

Why not rotate She-Hulk out for Hulk, and IF out for Nova? That would be a Defenders team still.

I prefer Fraction's Defenders. Which a lot of people count Hulk a part of but I disagree considering he just dumped his problem on Strange and bailed.

I'll probably still swap him in though.

I really can't stand playing She-Hulk.

I kinda enjoy watching DotA, but man, fighting games are way more exciting to watch

Everyone has P.Wrights item acquisitions with Frank's leveling up system just waiting to go into astral vision and x-factor ready to pop in any moment. Hype now?

I think its the movement that I don't find interesting. I wonder if they have a character that can dash/dash-cancel.

Real talk if me and my bros win five million dollars in ain't splitting the pot fuck that

Uhhh I think the the more money means more reason to split pot.

Right? I mean if it was 70$ to winner 1st, $30 to 2nd splitting it would just mean $50 for both so you're only lose/gaining $20.

But if 1st is like 7 million, 2nd is 3 million .. I mean I wouldn't be mad if people split.

Coda

I honestly feel like the whole Tekken 7 on PC thing is just a farce or at least going to come out long after the console versions. I could be wrong but I don't know why everyone believes amazon during these types of situations. They're almost always wrong.

Azure J

I kinda wonder sometimes what BBCP's Twitch views would have been like if the same things that happened in its top 8 happened, but it were in Killer Instinct's spot.

but hip-hop is all EDM now

i tawt you liked EDM

I meant to say main stream hip hop. I still fucks with the hip hop actually check out Trap. I don't know how mainstream trap is now, but it's hiphop / EDM. There are a lot of trap djs now like "flosstradamus" "Carnage" "What so not" Borgore is trending towards trap as well. Diplo, Mak J, a lot of hip hop in the EDM scene.

Some of the hypest and most insane shiet I heard in Vegas was trap. Most of the electro DJ were playing it pretty safe, and cookie cutter. I mean the trap stages got madddddd rachet as fuck. TWERK TWERK

petghost

Banned
I kinda wonder sometimes what BBCP's Twitch views would have been like if the same things that happened in its top 8 happened, but it were in Killer Instinct's spot.

its called the anime time slot for a reason, i guess. i think they coulda had twice the entrants of KI and still wound up with that time. i'm very happy that it was on sunday though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I honestly feel like the whole Tekken 7 on PC thing is just a farce or at least going to come out long after the console versions. I could be wrong but I don't know why everyone believes amazon during these types of situations. They're almost always wrong.
I can't remember a time when Amazon has been right. Random, uncredited Blogspot leaks are usually more reliable than retailer leaks. Someone said here not even home console platforms have been announced yet, so for all we know it's a PS4 exclusive or something.

I meant to say main stream hip hop. I still fucks with the hip hop actually check out Trap. I don't know how mainstream trap is now, but it's hiphop / EDM. There are a lot of trap djs now like "flosstradamus" "Carnage" "What so not" Borgore is trending towards trap as well.

Some of the hypest and most insane shiet I heard in Vegas was trap. Most of the electro DJ were playing it pretty safe, and cookie cutter. I mean the trap stages got madddddd rachet as fuck. TWERK TWERK
Trap is actually born out of the hip-hop trap genre, which a lot of people seem to cite as what made them start hating mainstream hip-hop lol It's pretty good, was vibing out to the classic RL Grime mix of Mercy last night.

I can't remember a time when Amazon has been right. Random, uncredited Blogspot leaks are usually more reliable than retailer leaks. Someone said here not even home console platforms have been announced yet, so for all we know it's a PS4 exclusive or something.

Trap is actually born out of the hip-hop trap genre, which a lot of people seem to cite as what made them start hating mainstream hip-hop lol It's pretty good, was vibing out to the classic RL Grime mix of Mercy last night.

Ah I see. Yea one of my homie is like 100% hip hop/rap. He doesn't fuck with EDM, but we convince him to go to EDC with us. Then we introduced him to the Trap/Bass stage.

Dude was in heaven. One of my few regrets was not spending more time in the bass stages.

jbug617

Banned

Amazon UK were the first to put up all the MK X info (cross gen and PC release).

Edit: Super Arcade is doing a tournament in November to celebrate the 10yr anniversary of the Daigo Parry. Daigo is confirmed to be attending that tournament.
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1s2iche

SuperDojo will be hosting a tournament this November 21-23 to celebrate the 10 year anniversary of the "Daigo Parry." For those of you who were there I'm sure you remember how electrifying the moment was and for those who missed out, here's your chance to experience the hype. This tourney will be held at the same exact location where it all began, Cal Poly Pomona's Ursa Major Hall. We have already received confirmation that @daigothebeast will be in attendance along with @MadCatz. There will many more details released in the near future but until then, start marking your calendars and plan accordingly for an event you won't want to miss!

Right now the confirmed games are 3rd Strike (of course), Super Turbo, Capcom vs SNK2 and Marvel vs Capcom 2 ! And USF4 most likely. Daigo will be there, more announcements soon !

Top Bottom