• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

CINiuc3XAAAGBKA.png

Scrub Quotes is incredible

Pool1: Momochi, Hsien Chang
Pool2: Smug, Chris G
Pool3: Tokido
Pool4:pR Rog, Gamerbee
Pool5: Kazunoko
Pool6: Ricki, Art
Pool7: Xiaohai, Hamad
Pool8: Pugera, Snake Eyez
Pool 9: Daigo, Kbrad
Pool10: Nuckledu, 801Strider
Pool11: Fuudo, Velociraptor, Flash
Pool12: Air, Dieminion
Pool13: Infiltration, Julio
Pool14: Bonchan, Sanford
Pool15: Mago
Pool16: Dakou, Justin

Names will be added to this list as I find more names.

notworksafe

Lobster benedict, watermelon salad, prime rib, chilled king crab legs, roasted South Carolina shrimp and grits, oak-grilled lamb chops, hand-made dim sum, chicken and waffles, red velvet pancakes, mini wagyu sliders, japanese curry, made to order dessert crepes, pho, baked-to-order soufflés and more.

Good lawd I'm getting the itis just thinking about this place. Vulva pls.

Kumubou

Usually GB gets everyone to show up to one every year...and I've always missed it.

I think this year I'm just gonna go to the crazy huge Caeser's buffet and try and convince vulva to come too. Not sure who else is going but they're welcome.
I would be up for going but I generally don't have much free time on Friday and Saturday due to other obligations. :\ And if we were choosing buffets to go to, I would push for either the Bellagio's or the Wynn's. They're both on the pricey side but given how much most of the buffets on the strip cost anyway, the upgrade is worth it.

Fake fake edit: I completely forgot that Caesar's very recently remodeled their buffet... hrm....

(RIP Gold Coast's $5 breakfast buffet at the years Evo was at the Rio -- that was a lifesaver when you had early-ass pools.)

notworksafe

I would be up for going but I generally don't have much free time on Friday and Saturday due to other obligations. :\ And if we were choosing buffets to go to, I would push for either the Bellagio's or the Wynn's. They're both on the pricey side but given how much most of the buffets on the strip cost anyway, the upgrade is worth it.

Fake fake edit: I completely forgot that Caesar's very recently remodeled their buffet... hrm....

(RIP Gold Coast's $5 breakfast buffet at the years Evo was at the Rio -- that was a lifesaver when you had early-ass pools.)

Went to Wynn last year and it was fantastic. So damn good and I had to roll myself back to LVH. Somehow Caeser's is even more expensive than Wynn but damn it looks like it'll be worth it.

Zissou

Learning a language is just a product effort over an extended period of time. People act like it requires some magical talent that some people just don't have, which is bullshit. It just requires more time/effort than many people are willing to put in so they make excuses. You see the same thing when people say they'll never be good at fighting games.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";169524868]Japanese is super easy to learn to speak but super hard to learn to read. Just different because it doesn't have common roots like say, Spanish.

Except kimono, which comes from Greek.[/QUOTE]

wat

Lobster benedict, watermelon salad, prime rib, chilled king crab legs, roasted South Carolina shrimp and grits, oak-grilled lamb chops, hand-made dim sum, chicken and waffles, red velvet pancakes, mini wagyu sliders, japanese curry, made to order dessert crepes, pho, baked-to-order soufflés and more.

Is that the Bacchanal Buffet or w/e? I'm planning on going there Saturday night of Evo.

I've heard it's off the charts.

Usually GB gets everyone to show up to one every year...and I've always missed it.

I think this year I'm just gonna go to the crazy huge Caeser's buffet and try and convince vulva to come too. Not sure who else is going but they're welcome.

Thanks. It should be a blast.

I'd say I'd actually try and make it to the GAF buffet thing but I don't think GB is going this year to organize it.

Yeah, probably not making it this year. I'm moving to the East Bay around EVO time so my schedule's used up that weekend.

I will be at Capcom Cup, though, if everybody wants to meet up for Brenda's French Soul Food down the street or something.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends

I'd be down if I go next year. Once I get a job after this summer, definitely going to start saving up.

Pool1: Momochi, Hsien Chang
Pool2: Smug, Chris G
Pool3: Tokido
Pool4:pR Rog, Gamerbee
Pool5: Kazunoko
Pool6: Ricki, Art
Pool7: Xiaohai, Hamad
Pool8: Pugera, Snake Eyez
Pool 9: Daigo, Kbrad
Pool10: Nuckledu, 801Strider
Pool11: Fuudo, Velociraptor, Flash
Pool12: Air, Dieminion
Pool13: Infiltration, Julio
Pool14: Bonchan, Sanford
Pool15: Mago
Pool16: Dakou, Justin

Names will be added to this list as I find more names.

Doesn't matter what pool, its over for anyone lol.

DAMN SON.

Are the E3 characters legal at CEO? I know they're not at EVO, but I wanna see some top-level play with them soon.

yes they are

Customs on also for CEO?

no customs though

anyway, let's see the notable Smashers here (probably miss a few Melee players and a few more Smash 4 players, but whatever)

Melee
Pool 1: Armada, Bizarro Flame, Gahtzu
Pool 2: MacD, DJ Nintendo, Arc
Pool 3: SFAT, Porkchops, Azen
Pool 4: S2J, Druggedfox
Pool 5: Hungrybox, Darrell
Pool 6: HugS, Frootloop
Pool 7: M2K, Gravy, Ken
Pool 8: PewPewU, Zhu
Pool 9: Mango, Toph, Blea Gelo
Pool 10: Twitch (PPMD's brother), Abate, Eikelmann
Pool 11: Shroomed, Darkrain, Tafokints
Pool 12: Colbol, The Moon, Tai
Pool 13: Leffen, Larry Lurr, Juggleguy
Pool 14: Wizzrobe, Cactuar, s0ft
Pool 15: Westballz, Chillin
Pool 16: Plup, Laudandus, TheCrimsonBlur

Smash 4
Pool 1: ZeRo, DKWill, Xaltis
Pool 2: falln
Pool 3: Nakat, Wizzrobe, Shaky
Pool 4: 6WX, NickRiddle, Stingers
Pool 5: ESAM, Ryo, Chris G
Pool 6: Trela, Player-1
Pool 7: GimR, Logic, Larry Lurr
Pool 8: Dabuz, Chillin, Pink Fresh
Pool 9: Nairo
Pool 10: M2K, PB&J
Pool 11: TheReflexWonder, Seibrik, Bloodcross, Azen
Pool 12: Anti, StaticManny
Pool 13: Mr. R
Pool 14: Seagull Joe, Tyrant
Pool 15: Vinnie, Poltergust (hey dude, you better represent GAF well! :p), Bizarro Flame (lol)
Pool 16: MVD, Hungrybox, Myran

Exile20

yes they are

anyway, let's see the notable Smashers here

Melee
Pool 1: Armada, Bizarro Flame, Gahtzu
Pool 2: MacD, DJ Nintendo, Arc
Pool 3: SFAT, Porkchops, Azen
Pool 4: S2J, Druggedfox
Pool 5: Hungrybox, Darrell
Pool 6: HugS, Frootloop
Pool 7: M2K, Gravy, Ken
Pool 8: PewPewU, Zhu
Pool 9: Mango, Toph, Blea Gelo
Pool 10: Twitch (PPMD's brother), Abate, Eikelmann
Pool 11: Shroomed, Darkrain, Tafokints
Pool 12: Colbol, The Moon, Tai
Pool 13: Leffen, Larry Lurr, Juggleguy
Pool 14: Wizzrobe, Cactuar, s0ft
Pool 15: Westballz, Chillin
Pool 16: Plup, Laudandus, TheCrimsonBlur

Smash 4

Customs on also for CEO?

Fraeon

Sad to hear about Prog. :(

Really enjoyed his commentary but totally understand his decision.

Also, you guys need to try speaking Finnish. Though to be fair, unlike English, Finnish orthography and pronunciation is quite consistent.

Dahbomb

Geez... image issues much? Watching (or playing) anime doesn't change who you are and neither does loudly protesting it. Folks aren't better or worse for it. They're still just the folks they always were.

Let her watch anime and learn japanese. Its harmless and actually pretty useful in general to know some japanese and to have an angle over what sorts of media the japanese grew up on. Gives you insights into the themes their heroes and such revolve around and it lends you a bit of insight into how they dream and what sort of mindsets their idealised person centers on. At least she'll be able to tell what sort of tech is being yelled about on Nico Nico videos of japan only tournies one day.
It was a joke man.

http://tinyurl.com/ceo2015pools

Also thanks to Dahbomb for his help.
Glad I can be of service.

vulva

I need this

Negaduck

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";169524868]Japanese is super easy to learn to speak but super hard to learn to read. Just different because it doesn't have common roots like say, Spanish.

Except kimono, which comes from Greek.[/QUOTE]

XS5LK.gif

Yeah reading can be very tricky. The speaking and understanding wasn't too bad.

notworksafe

Nice. I'd totally be down a Evo GAF night out or whatever. It'll be my first time in Vegas and I could use some knowledge and company.

Damn, we're really close, aren't we? Haha.

Well you're welcome to come along for sure. I was thinking Friday around 6ish.

So far it'll be me and my girl, vulva and Mrs vulva, Chavelo, and a couple of local friends

Crocodile

Not sure what drama is going on in the Smash community but its a shame if Prog had a chance to commentate EVO but was denied. At least that's what I understood to have happened? Was someone promised the commentary spot beforehand and skipped?

Pretty cool Ryu Smash 4 combo video.

@1:58 in:
"White Skin is Better"

errrrrr I'm assuming something is lost in translation since the video maker is French (next part vs. Yoshi talks about "Perfect Skin") or its a reference to Ryu's actual karate outfit but what an awkward thing to write in English :/

Well you're welcome to come along for sure. I was thinking Friday around 6ish.

So far it'll be me and my girl, vulva and Mrs vulva, Chavelo, and a couple of local friends

Awesome - that sounds great.

It'll be me and my girlfriend. PM me with whatever you need from me. We're down for whatever.

Sad to hear about Prog. :(

Really enjoyed his commentary but totally understand his decision.

Also, you guys need to try speaking Finnish. Though to be fair, unlike English, Finnish orthography and pronunciation is quite consistent.

Helppo kieli on :p

Pitäisiköhän kaupata joku Viikate-korvamato tai vastaava ja jättää ne kitumaan sen kourissa?

Finnish is an easy language, trust me ;)

Besides, if you learn Finnish you can understand what they sing in songs like these:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLDXAUOlUzM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgnLTnKouLU

CPS2

@1:58 in:
"White Skin is Better"

errrrrr I'm assuming something is lost in translation since the video maker is French (next part vs. Yoshi talks about "Perfect Skin") or its a reference to Ryu's actual karate outfit but what an awkward thing to write in English :/
This is what combo videos have been missing all this time. I think a barely noticable "kill the foreign devils" message wouldn't be out of place in desk's next video.

Top Bottom