• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | June 22-28 | Ryu's in Smash 4, Jigglypuff's in SF5

Horseress

CityofAzusa @cityofazusa
Counting down to Scrabble Night on June 25th at #azusacitylibrary! Buy your tickets early for a discount! fb.me/7nPrO3Ubg

OH SHIT! SCRABBLE NIGHT!!!! Fucking awesome scrabble tournament guys, I hope we can get that woman on commentary, she's so hype

hitsugi

Those people had their minds already made up, don't think it would help tbh

Yup. They stated as much prior to hearing anything from the public. "We hear what you have to say, but we don't care." Standard stuff, sadly.

FGC should just start playing competitive scrabble and blow Azusa out.

CurlyW

Doesn't seem unreasonable for people to be upset when they are out some money for a substandard product.

As always it's also worth it to keep in mind that this industry drives its sales on non rational in the moment reactions and decisions.

Fine, but I think the focus of their anger is incredibly misguided.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
I love pissing my name on walls and putting firecrackers in hotdogs at my local 7/11 so when people eat them they get that real pop in a weenie!

As disappointed as I am, I hope people on the internet don't confirm their misgivings about the FGC.

Those are some dreams you got there.

vulva

So I went to my weekly today and just couldn't get in to it. The only fun I had was playing Starmie G in her first solo tournament
and sandbagging hard so that she'd have some fun too while giving me a chance to play Makoto on stream

I'm just not loving USF4 now. I think I might be down, outside of playing at like EVO and probably Canada Cup =\

Tik-Tok

So I went to my weekly today and just couldn't get in to it. The only fun I had was playing Starmie G in her first solo tournament
and sandbagging hard so that she'd have some fun too while giving me a chance to play Makoto on stream

I'm just not loving USF4 now. I think I might be down, outside of playing at like EVO and probably Canada Cup =\

Shes a pretty cool chick. I think her and I were perhaps the most drunk people at the TOSFHQ BBQ. I convinced her and a Greek to do shot matches.

Hassun

Neo Member
Could anyone with a Twitter account send this correction of the CEO schedule to https://twitter.com/CEOJebailey?

2761680-ceo2015_finalstream_schedule.jpg

Other than that, really looking forward to CEO!

vulva

Shes a pretty cool chick. I think her and I were perhaps the most drunk people at the TOSFHQ BBQ. I convinced her and a Greek to do shot matches.

Yeah she's a sweetheart. Glad she's making it out to local events now and not just staying in stream land.

Kumubou

For most of these city officials, the last time they had to deal with arcades was in the early 90s, where a lot of them really were suspect. Although I wonder how much it would have helped if Watson and company sourced some more current information about how arcades operate... then again, I suspect that would not have mattered at all. Even in the best of circumstances, getting an arcade approved anywhere (especially without another business component) is extremely difficult.

Frankly, I'm surprised that even one of the officials was willing to vote for it.

Although I don't really understand the logic of having an underdeveloped plot and then turning away businesses that actually want to operate there, but it's not my city.

petghost

Banned
Patrick Miller ‏@pattheflip 14m14 minutes ago
dear azusa: empirically, white people have proven themselves to be far more dangerous than arcades

Don't get this tweet. What do white people have to do with it? Pretty sure azusa is majority Hispanic anyways....

Tripon

For most of these city officials, the last time they had to deal with arcades was in the early 90s, where a lot of them really were suspect. Although I wonder how much it would have helped if Watson and company sourced some more current information about how arcades operate... then again, I suspect that would not have mattered at all. Even in the best of circumstances, getting an arcade approved anywhere (especially without another business component) is extremely difficult.

Frankly, I'm surprised that even one of the officials was willing to vote for it.

Although I don't really understand the logic of having an underdeveloped plot and then turning away businesses that actually want to operate there, but it's not my city.

The only arcades left are corporate unfortunately. The Dave & Busters, Round 1, etc. A small business like Super Arcade never had a chance.

Super Arcade would have an easier time saying it was a bowling alley that had some arcades.

Top Bottom