• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 11-17 | Sticks and Stones Break Zangief's Bones

Damn, coming on strong a bit there
kttcolilupe

Yeah, kinda want to go to Toryuken just to meet up with different GAFers but it's out of my budget ATM

these excuses

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
The worst thing about MKX online isn't the netcode, it's the inability to choose your opponent

I never want to play 0-bar opponents. Not ever.

zlatko

Banned
The worst thing about MKX online isn't the netcode, it's the inability to choose your opponent

THIS.

I can get solid connection games most of the time, but I should get to pick who I accept or accepts me in Ranked.

Completely moronic too I have to get matched against a 0-30 guy...he's going to get rekt and it'll discourage him to want to learn and play. I enjoy playing against 400-5 opponents because I want to get that -6 and get some good replay reel footage of close matches against great opponents.

Edit: Although when I first picked up the game it matched me up against like 300-3, and I didn't know jack so it frustrated me. Horrible skill matching here since well... there isn't any.

I remember MvC3 matching me up with people who had 400+ wins to my 20-30 wins. Man, the mainstream FG were unbelievably brutal in their matchmaking in the 7th generation. That is primarily why I stuck with BB. It seemed to do a better job of matching people up and the drive cards were neat to look at.

You can't choose your opponents in ranked?

No. It's like TvC, except when it finds an opponent for you, it tells you that you'll be penalized if you back out of the fight.

Fucking awful.

I don't know how to respond to this in a way that won't piss off people who like MK here, so I'll just say good luck with that. I'm just glad I can remain so fascinated by older fighters and niche stuff because that type of online gaming is not for me at all.

MormaPope

Banned
PC Mormapope, add me, Yamithorn. I'll probably do some lobbies whenever vulva is ready to play.

I've always stuck with the 360 version due to my PC being ancient and hearing about matchmaking issues. Might pick it up for friendly matches with Gaffers while grinding it out on 360.

That's just fucking stupid

Did NRS even want to put an online mode in

srsly

MK9 seemingly had the worst netcode out of any multiplayer game last gen, not just fighters. Wasn't Injustice a lot better or was it marginally better?

shaowebb

No. It's like TvC, except when it finds an opponent for you, it tells you that you'll be penalized if you back out of the fight.

Fucking awful.

Aw man...now I got this sudden 2 am urge to start playing TvC to enjoy me some Karas/Polimar again. God I love how dirty those two are together. Lockdown kick assist into Karas' teleport dash go behind mixup and then go crazy with the rekka chain and combo damage. Such fun combos with Karas...folks bounce all over the screen and he can cancel so much stuff into various things.

Man their needs to be another TvC someday. I'd not only buy a console for that, but I'd import a console if I had to.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
Aw man...now I got this sudden 2 am urge to start playing TvC to enjoy me some Karas/Polimar again. God I love how dirty those two are together. Lockdown kick assist into Karas' teleport dash go behind mixup and then go crazy with the rekka chain and combo damage. Such fun combos with Karas...folks bounce all over the screen and he can cancel so much stuff into various things.

Man their needs to be another TvC someday. I'd not only buy a console for that, but I'd import a console if I had to.

polymar is my fav character in the game by far, dropped air combo into airgrab super worked 100% of the time, seriously every time

Another question for merkava users..

To get low flight to try and get some mixups down I'm am inputting 772. Is this correct or is there a shortcut I am missing? Is the timing on the mixup pretty tight or are whiff A a little more forgiving in a match?

Fucking awful.

I have a disconnect on my record because I think someone pulled at the rank screen, not that I really care about my W/L or crap like that, but I never d/c even though I do feel real bad when I think my connection gives out during a match (looks real bad when it happens near the end of a match, I don't want to look like that guy). But I have been force into so many 0-1 ping matches it's gotten pretty dumb to play online, it's not even fun. I have 50mb down and 5 up which isn't amazing but should be decent enough to get good matches, but the matchmaking system likes to give real bad matches.

Onemic

I decided at the last second to register for Toryuken. Going to my first tourny! Ready to get my ass bodied by literally everyone.

NEO0MJ

Damn, coming on strong a bit there
kttcolilupe

Yeah, kinda want to go to Toryuken just to meet up with different GAFers but it's out of my budget ATM

I didn't mean it like that! But yeah, I'm broke too. Plus, I'll need to fly overseas to make it. Maybe one day Shouta can sponsor me :>

iori9999

Banned
I remember MvC3 matching me up with people who had 400+ wins to my 20-30 wins. Man, the mainstream FG were unbelievably brutal in their matchmaking in the 7th generation. That is primarily why I stuck with BB. It seemed to do a better job of matching people up and the drive cards were neat to look at.

Tag 2 and most 3d fighters do a great job with matchmaking.. For the most part atleast.. Well actually T6 was trash at it..

Onemic

Aight, one tip.

If anyone asks to you to MM randomly, say no 95% of the time because theres a good chance they will body you for that free $$

Im broke as hell, so that's already a no go for me lol.

When do we select which game we're participating in? i didnt get a choice, just the number of games i wanted to compete in

You can't choose your opponents in ranked?

The 1st time I played UMVC3 online my opponent was fucking Viscant

Im broke as hell, so that's already a no go for me lol.

When do we select which game we're participating in? i didnt get a choice, just the number of games i wanted to compete in

Its in a text box with a list of games. I had issues as well and messaged Russell after if it went through fine

Anne

Another question for merkava users..

To get low flight to try and get some mixups down I'm am inputting 772. Is this correct or is there a shortcut I am missing? Is the timing on the mixup pretty tight or are whiff A a little more forgiving in a match?

It's 772. As long you jump diagonally you can get low flight. You're probably jumping too late.

crash-14

I've been thinking something. I strongly belive that Capcom (And other companies) should start thinking to add "e-sports" section to their games. I focus on capcom since are the ones with the important deal right now.
Put a section in the game where people can grab oficial tournament information. In SFV case, Allow them to check the Capcom Pro Tour in the game. Put banner notifications in the game (that can be shut down) so people can be aware about a tournament that's near. And even put the stream tournament in that section, so people can catch it without work.

I'm focusing on SFV cuz right know it has the best scenario. You have people and media attention after the success that SFIV has been. Then u have even more attention cuz the game it's gonna be "exclusive" (Yeah it's on PC, but you all get it).
It's the best chance that SF and fighting games in general have to start stepping their game in terms of viewership. Something I think Capcom isn't doing with all that Sony money in the line...
I think it's safe to say tha Fighting Games are easy to watch (Not to understand). It's not like Dota, Lol, SC and all those games that you need to be into to understand them. U might don't know what the hell it's happening, but thanks to the life bar u know who is winning. And the prove of this it's EVO, one of Twitch biggest events in terms of viewership.

I really hope all the Fighting Games companys start to realize this and do something.

Top Bottom