• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | May 4-10 | WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!

"Flashmetroid got top-8 at Evo with Zangief, tell me what has Itabashi done?"

Chris has actually won major-ish tournaments. He got into Capcom Cup a couple years back by winning a qualifier. Countless top-8's, including today. He's the smartest and most talented player playing this character by a margin. Probably top-2 in the country in that respect.

It's why he wins so much in a bunch of different games.

You don't know who humanbomb is do you? It's okay, just say it.

I mean you're basing this purely off of results and not fanboyism, chrisg has never been the highest placing player of his character at Evo.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
does she control the air space well or something?

Yes. She has lots of options to shut down approach divekicks midrange, especially with st.lp. She doesn't have an anti-divekick OS up close once they're already on you, though. I don't think she necessarily "beats" divekick characters but I don't think there's any single character that really does.

Texas Showdown top 8:

Winners
Infiltration vs. Ricky
Chris G vs. K-Brad

Losers
Magneto1080p vs. 801 Strider
Snake Eyez vs. Hsien Chang

Note: Justin lost to Chris G and Hsien Chang

Do we know who's in Mortal Kombat Top 16?

Mortal Kombat X — Top 16

Winners bracket
KH|Scar vs. DL|FourWude
Coosco (Covert Ops Sonya Blade) vs. Digit
GnarlyGatoAlex vs. Tempo|NYChrisG
Kombat Handy vs. Saionide

Losers bracket
UA|Ralstaanely vs. EG|Justin Wong
KH|Mattix vs. Pnut
CTRL|Flux vs. KH|Royale
SETX|HollowSquad Jones (Grandmaster Sub-Zero) vs. C88|MyGod

Mortal Kombat X — Top 16

Winners bracket
KH|Scar vs. DL|FourWude
Coosco (Covert Ops Sonya Blade) vs. Digit
GnarlyGatoAlex vs. Tempo|NYChrisG
Kombat Handy vs. Saionide

Losers bracket
UA|Ralstaanely vs. EG|Justin Wong
KH|Mattix vs. Pnut
CTRL|Flux vs. KH|Royale
SETX|HollowSquad Jones (Grandmaster Sub-Zero) vs. C88|MyGod

Awesome - thanks dude.

I'll be rooting for Grandmaster Sub-Zero.

Sheroking

Maybe I came to that conclusion because Human Bomb doesn't go to enough international events, and I'm not up at 2am watching Asian qualifiers.

Like I said, I have no problem thinking that there are many Sakura players who are better with the character. Just think Chris is probably top-10 in the world in terms of talent and intelligence. This game is probably third on his list of priorities and he's just gotten top-8 in a major ranking event. That's impressive, and I don't like the guy as a person or a player, so I'm not "fanboying" it.

CurlyW

Frankie G HATES playing against Super Skrull. I'm honestly shocked he took a game against Rubeks.

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";163421158]Someone let LordKnight win P4AU?

:|[/QUOTE]

Someone also let nobodyexe get 2nd in P4AU

What streams are even on atm? I was watching SF4 top16 just now, and now it's Mahvel? Where did Xrd go, or wtf happened to the schedule?

EDIT: Ah, adjusted. Good.

ShinMaruku

I love how there is not Ibuki or Juri players even though they are top 10 in the game and would blow up some of these characters. GG Capcom you fucked up yet again.
Not fair to blame them 100% because they nor their playerbase are good at teaching.

Elena does well, but then you have to learn how to play Elena.

Yes. She has lots of options to shut down approach divekicks midrange, especially with st.lp. She doesn't have an anti-divekick OS up close once they're already on you, though. I don't think she necessarily "beats" divekick characters but I don't think there's any single character that really does.

I personally can't stand the Yun/Rufus matchup. Really feel like its her worst matches.

Yea you got st.lp, but when they just delay the dive kick you end up eating damage regardless

OceanBlue

I personally can't stand the Yun/Rufus matchup. Really feel like its her worst matches.

Yea you got st.lp, but when they just delay the dive kick you end up eating damage regardless

Are there examples of Elena doing well against Rufus or Yun? I only remember Akimo getting wrecked by Ricki and I'm a scrub so I don't have my own matchup knowledge.

Sayad

Maybe I came to that conclusion because Human Bomb doesn't go to enough international events, and I'm not up at 2am watching Asian qualifiers.
Surely you mean "US events", the dude is from Hong Kong and there's only two Hong Kong events in that list.

Dlent

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";163421158]Someone let LordKnight win P4AU?

:|[/QUOTE]

Who exactly would stop him? The only people who immediately come to mind are BananaKen and a bunch of Japanese players.

Anne

Who exactly would stop him? The only people who immediately come to mind are BananaKen and a bunch of Japanese players.

That's the joke w. Also there are other players who consistently beat him in the U.S, you just don't hear about them cause they stay home in NY/NJ.

Anne

Sounds about part the course for the east coast scene.

You have no idea lol. To be fair most of EC is broke ass college kids (all of NJ), and those who aren't are locked into some crummy 9-5 situation. Like the best Persona crew in the US is team Rutgers, and they're all broke and stuck at Rutgers, Steve normally goes to them haha.

Top Bottom