• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

I just don't get why/how people are breaking their Circle Pads over a few hours in Super Smash Bros.
People spent hundreds, maybe thousands, of hours breeding in X/Y, and no one was complaining.

hold pad in one direction for hours vs quickly move the pad everywhere, gee I wonder why

and plenty of people complained about Munster Hunter and/or Kid Icarus: Uprising

so are we just gonna keep pretending like the DLC stuff didn't leak already at the same time as the rest of the stuff and by the same verified leaker or what

The Ridley salt is just too funny right now.

I can't imagine Sakurai is cold-blooded enough to troll Mewtwo fans with the way they shot the Greninja reveal, but maybe he's got a painting hanging somewhere. The Lucas/Wolf DLC was admitted as BS by the original poster, I thought, but the GAF cross-play source lines up with a lot of what we were hearing beforehand.

i thought it was a smashboards mod that did that and admitted to it? so whos in the supposed "dlc" from the same leaker?
I am thinking you guys never read through this:
http://i.imgur.com/5VhbSBK.jpg

There is no DLC leak.

Busaiku

Well, I guess most people don't get bored going just 1 direction and just mess around, like myself.

Where are the complaints of breaking for Monster Hunter and Kid Icarus Uprising.
All of the complaints were for holding the system, not any defects.

petghost

Banned
damn that TGS haitani vs juso match was so good too.

probably my fave non-evo event to watch last year. hope its cool this year as well.

Azure J

so are we just gonna keep pretending like the DLC stuff didn't leak already at the same time as the rest of the stuff and by the same verified leaker or what

Wait, did something new happen or is this in reference to Gematsu's second leak? As for the latter implication here, some people are hardcore about that "proof or it doesn't exist" life. I've pretty much accepted that DLC is happening for Smash 4 because that original leaker just got far too much right where the collective were stuck on silly things and Mario Kart 8 made me realize that Nintendo could do some really great stuff for this since it's another one of their generational flagships that would see second life instantly with the promise of DLC incentives (new stages, music, trophies, assist trophies or the grails in characters).

Edit: One thing I will believe though is that no one knows anything about the plans for characters that may happen in the future now. That sounds like stuff that'd get hammered out later in the game's lifetime as a expansion campaign started up.

xezuru

Is there a TL:DR of everything Smash within the last I don't know..... 2 years? LMAO

Melee players finally started getting sponsored.
C9 Mang0 is GOAT, won Evo back to back 2 years.
Most people coming out of the wood works to try and work with Smash 4 competitively.
Zero won E3 Smash4 Invitational, which had tons of Smash proish players all around.
Reception has been pretty good overall, alot of people still cautionally optimistic tho.

Thores

I am thinking you guys never read through this:
http://i.imgur.com/5VhbSBK.jpg

There is no DLC leak.

That image does admit that there's still a chance the "Ridley/Dixie/Chorus/Mewtwo are unlockable via linking the 3DS and Wii U versions" rumor is true, though. And the 3DS version does have 4 blank slots lined up suspiciously sloppily when "everyone" is unlocked. I'm cautiously optimistic for now.

Melee players finally started getting sponsored.
C9 Mang0 is GOAT, won Evo back to back 2 years.
Most people coming out of the wood works to try and work with Smash 4 competitively.
Reception has been pretty good overall, alot of people still cautionally optimistic tho.

I meant with like non melee stuff. Like there a new game right? I see all this smash talk for DS, but there a console version soon right? So is there a DS version and a console version? And what is all this leak crap... basically I don't pay any attention to any Smash talk in this weekly thread.

And the console (I'm assuming) is going to be competitive play right? So why is everyone whoring out on this DS version?

I meant with like non melee stuff. Like there a new game right? I see all this smash talk for DS, but there a console version soon right? So is there a DS version and a console version? And what is all this leak crap... basically I don't pay any attention to any Smash talk in this weekly thread.

And the console (I'm assuming) is going to be competitive play right? So why is everyone whoring out on this DS version?

The 3DS version comes out earlier, because Nintendo knows fans will buy both if they release the handheld version before the "real" version. People are just grinding out and fiending for data with the 3DS version, but actual competitive play doesn't seem to be possible yet because of how handicapped they are by the 3DS controls.

The 3DS version comes out earlier, because Nintendo knows fans will buy both if they release the handheld version before the "real" version. People are just grinding out and fiending for data with the 3DS version, but actual competitive play doesn't seem to be possible yet because of how handicapped they are by the 3DS controls.

Gotcha so people are just whoring the 3DS version Aka cheap diluted cocaine... until the blue magic comes out. Now does this 3DS version have all the characters? Same move set etc etc... isn't Marvel on the Vita like 1 button special or some stupid crap like that? Auto combos or w/e.

<<<< Look the last hand held I had was GAME BOY COLOR. Yea I know.. not really into hand held gaming.. unless it's like on my phone.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
the more footage of smash 4 I see the more I realize that despite its dope roster it's still a smash game and that has never ever clicked with me.

we're getting the demo too, right? that demo might save me $40

NEO0MJ

Gotcha so people are just whoring the 3DS version Aka cheap diluted cocaine... until the blue magic comes out. Now does this 3DS version have all the characters? Same move set etc etc... isn't Marvel on the Vita like 1 button special or some stupid crap like that? Auto combos or w/e.

<<<< Look the last hand held I had was GAME BOY COLOR. Yea I know.. not really into hand held gaming.. unless it's like on my phone.

It has access to all moves and characters, though input isn't as easy as with a regular controller. And I'm pretty sure that Marvel on Vita is the same. You probably just saw someone play in simple mode, which is also available on the console version.

Thinking about it, is the VS series the first to offer a simple control scheme for casuals? I remember having it in the original MvsC.

Dahbomb

Marvel on Vita is 100% legit (as in terms of playability, not in terms of multiplayer infrastructure or being used in tournaments). Some top players actually practice their combos on PS Vita or try out other stuff on the ride to tournaments and stuff. This is not some iOS garbage you are thinking of like the MVC2 iOS version.

3DS version of Smash is also legit. It's going to be pretty close to the console version aside from the graphics I guess.

oneida

if there's one thing I'm sick of on gaf it's threads where people arbitrarily list games with some insignificant connection. how is that discussion?

games named after antagonists
games with blue covers
games you remember right now
games that aren't games... but are

Laconic

Banned
if there's one thing I'm sick of on gaf it's threads where people arbitrarily list games with some insignificant connection. how is that discussion?

games with blue covers

And yet we have Smash in this thread.

Beckx

the more footage of smash 4 I see the more I realize that despite its dope roster it's still a smash game and that has never ever clicked with me.

we're getting the demo too, right? that demo might save me $40

Demo is out on NA shop on the 19th.

Dahbomb

Community threads and OTs are different from general topics of discussion.

Especially ones that ask a close ended question.

"What's your favorite game with a minority female?"

So a random person is just going to pop in and say "Remember Me" then leave because he has fulfilled the requirement of the thread.

oneida

AgTRwG1.png

me rn

Jazz-ism

Banned

games with blue covers

lol i say the same thing. its something that i think lowers the quality of Gaming and is one reason why i think FG thread (this one) should be in community. Instead of ppl having to fish through a sea of nonsense threads it would be in the same place every time.

Dahbomb

FGW skirts around being in Community because it's technically a new thread every week. Community threads are reserved for months old threads at the minimum.

games with blue covers

The way I see it, is that sometimes threads like that can stir up memories, or make you think if anything in your collection matches the question of the thread. You are right in that generally, there isn't much "discussion", but instead just a bunch of folks spouting one liners and dropping their mics.

I don't mind them, honestly. Some of them can be fun.

To keep back in fighting game related talk, this was posted in the KI thread, but I thought it was neat: https://twitter.com/DJamesGoddard/status/510544323285614592

Basically, Kerri Hoskins, who was Sonya Blade in MK3, is doing the mocap for Maya in Killer Instinct S2. It's cool to see her still doing mocap for fighting games.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Honestly we can't talk

I remember this thread going list mode on more than one occasion

And not even about fighting games

It's just something enthusiasts are prone to do.

I'm ok with list discussion as long as they lead to actual discussion about the lists and them lists themselves at least have some logic or discernable point of view about them

But I think Neogaf traffic is too high volume for that. Threads like that just become YouTube comment sections

Laconic

Banned
we could call it "the dump"

yeah, I'm kinda grumpy Sunday's over.

I get that way, come Sunday morning, lol.

Because Monday is next, and the weekend is technically over.

No late night = not the weekend, to me. ;)

It's been like that since grade school, actually.

...my sympathy goes out to Japanese kids. :/

JDdelphin

Marvel on Vita is 100% legit (as in terms of playability, not in terms of multiplayer infrastructure or being used in tournaments). Some top players actually practice their combos on PS Vita or try out other stuff on the ride to tournaments and stuff. This is not some iOS garbage you are thinking of like the MVC2 iOS version.

Yeah I'm still pretty bummed they took mvc3off the vita store the very day Combofiend gave the obligatory- 'heads up! This game will be gone in like a week! Get your dlc and download the game now!' announcement.

Prompting the messase of 'woops I guess they took it down today. Sorry!' a little while after

I wonder how many others were waiting for either a going away sale or the final countdown announcement like on xbl and got shafted

Dahbomb

Somehow I missed that the Tekken 7 arcade machine coming out in October will feature online matchmaking between arcades.

Megaton!

Speaking of list wars.... who do you guys think will be the 20 characters to make into Tekken 7 location test? My guesses:

Jin/Devil Jin
Kazuya
Heihachi
Kazuya's Mom
That new Arabic guy
Lars
Law
Paul
Yoshimitsu
Lei
Bryan
Xiayou
Nina
King
Steve
Asuka
Lili
Eddie/Christie
Hwaorang
Jack (whatever version is most up to date in T7)

There's going to be a lot of salty people when their characters don't make it into T7.

Horseress

Really wasn't expecting anything new related to Tekken 7 so early, megaton indeed. Hopefully they'll some in-game related news before the location tests.

Wonder how many characters they got ready for the tests. I would be surprised if they have 10

Dahbomb

They already said around 20 in the location test.

There really should be some game play information at TGS. Otherwise I can't really remember the last time there was a fighting game that was unveiled at a location test first. And by unveil I mean of course the first real match/game play video.

Jazz-ism

Banned
the weekly format is fun or whatever but it is counter productive. If yall care that much about titles just let enzo change it every week. there should be one thread with the OP and we just keep adding to it. u dont grow shit by moving around (making new threads weekly etc) u give ppl one place to go...

but thats none of my business

JDdelphin

Somehow I missed that the Tekken 7 arcade machine coming out in October will feature online matchmaking between arcades.

Megaton!

Speaking of list wars.... who do you guys think will be the 20 characters to make into Tekken 7 location test? My guesses:

Jin/Devil Jin
Kazuya
Heihachi
Kazuya's Mom
That new Arabic guy
Lars
Law
Paul
Yoshimitsu
Lei
Bryan
Xiayou
Nina
King
Steve
Asuka
Lili
Eddie/Christie
Hwaorang
Jack (whatever version is most up to date in T7)

There's going to be a lot of salty people when their characters don't make it into T7.

what_about_bob_filmfikxb.jpg

Dahbomb

the weekly format is fun or whatever but it is counter productive. If yall care that much about titles just let enzo change it every week. there should be one thread with the OP and we just keep adding to it. u dont grow shit by moving around (making new threads weekly etc) u give ppl one place to go...

but thats none of my business
Enzo would have to be a mod to change the title.

If we are going to do a mega thread then might as well just move this thread to the Community.

Top Bottom