• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fighting Games Weekly | Sept 15-21 | Mewwho?

I forgot about the Tekken 7 location test. That's coming up pretty soon, actually. We've got Smash 4 US release, KI Season 2 and Tekken 7 location test in October, that'll be a good month for fighters.

Back to Tekken 7, though. 20 characters are going to be in the location test, that's pretty impressive. I doubt that's the final roster, but hopefully the roster provided will make the majority happy. I honestly can't think of who else would be in the test outside of Heihachi, Kazuya, King, Paul, Law, Nina and Yoshimitsu. I also predict that the new characters shown will be Kazumi(Kazuya's momma) and the Arab fighter. I'd like to be surprised with new characters that we have had no prior knowledge of though.

Only characters I want to see return are Marduk and Anna. I think Marduk is likely, but Anna is more unlikely.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
my bobby is ready for Tekken 7 footage. counting on namco to wow me with newgen graphics.

I suspect the Tekken 7 cast will be 31 fighters. 29 characters taken straight from Tekken Revolution, plus two DLC ones for the console release.

Dahbomb

my bobby is ready for Tekken 7 footage. counting on namco to wow me with newgen graphics.
50% UE4 power level of a fighting game.

I ain't expecting shit graphically.

Very curious to see the movement and wake up option changes that are in store for T7 (well according to Harada at least, those two features are being looked at for T7).

Also Harada is looking at around 36-38 character size for T7, at least according to his statements previously. I would not expect more than 40 but I think 30+ is a solid chance.

Horseress

They already said around 20 in the location test. .

They did? I missed it then. Welp, that's good news! And really weird if you think about it.

They announced it only 2 months ago, with just a <2 minute trailer showing no game footage, and a couple of months after that they already have 20 characters done?!

And 30 characters would be a good number for the final roster, but no pallet swaps pls

Dahbomb

That piece of information gives us two pieces of information:

1) Tekken 7 isn't a radical change in the Tekken formula.
2) Most of the characters are going to be about the same as they have been in the previous Tekken games and will just be getting tweaks/some animation changes/some new moves.

So yeah I am not expecting any radical stuff in the location test.

Jazz-ism

Banned
Enzo would have to be a mod to change the title.

If we are going to do a mega thread then might as well just move this thread to the Community.

either or is the better option IMHO...like i said when u want ppl to come together u should want to make it easy for everyone to find each other, not more difficult

They did? I missed it then. Welp, that's good news! And really weird if you think about it.

They announced it only 2 months ago, with just a <2 minute trailer showing no game footage, and a couple of months after that they already have 20 characters done?!

And 30 characters would be a good number for the final roster, but no pallet swaps pls

When was the last time Tekken had pallet swaps in a main game? Sans Eddy/Christie

Dahbomb

When was the last time Tekken had pallet swaps in a main game? Sans Eddy/Christie
Not a lot of palette swaps but a bunch of characters with very similar movesets/playstyles like King and Armor King. Pretty sure that type of thing is going to get weeded out for T7. Only characters who can escape that fate are Mishimas.

Anna Williams fans may cry.

Horseress

TTT2? Eddy/Christie/Tiger, Alex/Roger, Bob/Slim Bob, Lee/Violet, Xiaoyu/Miharu, and maybe more

Not a lot of palette swaps but a bunch of characters with very similar movesets/playstyles like King and Armor King. Pretty sure that type of thing is going to get weeded out for T7.

Anna Williams fans may cry.

King and Armor King are different enough, The ones I wrote above are like 90% the same

Riposte

The community sub-forum is purgatory. Nothing grows there.

I'm pretty sure the mods want big threads like OTs to die and be forgotten.

Dahbomb

T7 roster is going to be mostly the same as T6 with a few characters taken out and a few new ones added in. That's probably the most realistic expectation for the roster.

Horseress

That piece of information gives us two pieces of information:

1) Tekken 7 isn't a radical change in the Tekken formula.
2) Most of the characters are going to be about the same as they have been in the previous Tekken games and will just be getting tweaks/some animation changes/some new moves.

So yeah I am not expecting any radical stuff in the location test.

T7 roster is going to be mostly the same as T6 with a few characters taken out and a few new ones added in. That's probably the most realistic expectation for the roster.

You're probably right....laaaaaaame

TTT2? Eddy/Christie/Tiger, Alex/Roger, Bob/Slim Bob, Lee/Violet, Xiaoyu/Miharu, and maybe more

King and Armor King are different enough, The ones I wrote above are like 90% the same

Dude I said main game. TTT2 is not a main series game thus the huge amount of pallet swaps.

King and Armor King are way different though.

WarRock

Classmate said I can borrow his 3DS to play some Smash; after seeing the circle pad pics I am almost refusing it.

Get VF3tb it's like $5 you jerk

RIP if you're playing with DC pad though -_-

We only have two pads, haha. I wanted to get VF3, but nobody else here felt interested after seeing the game, so...

I really want to get a DC/PS2/PC stick, but the price is absurd around here (not in the US).

petran79

Banned
Classmate said I can borrow his 3DS to play some Smash; after seeing the circle pad pics I am almost refusing it.

We only have two pads, haha. I wanted to get VF3, but nobody else here felt interested after seeing the game, so...

I really want to get a DC/PS2/PC stick, but the price is absurd around here (not in the US).

if you cant master the DC pad, you're not worth owning arcade stick!

That image does admit that there's still a chance the "Ridley/Dixie/Chorus/Mewtwo are unlockable via linking the 3DS and Wii U versions" rumor is true, though. And the 3DS version does have 4 blank slots lined up suspiciously sloppily when "everyone" is unlocked. I'm cautiously optimistic for now.
That was actually a GAF-originated rumor after the whole debacle came to a close. I am still open to that one.

I don't get Smash.
Why not?

Which anime/waifu franchise doesn't have a fighting game yet?

Kancolle.

As to Tekken, i really want to see a whole bunch of new characters. As many as possible. That way everyone can look for new mains and the game will look fresh. Instead of having 50% of players salty as hell while the rest just pick up their old characters.

But that's not how a numbered series works so it's probably going to be T6 roster with 6 new characters and some minor system changes.

onionfrog

After playing the Smash Demo this weekend I've determined that its way too uncomfortable to play on my OG 3DS. Its giving me hand cramps and its difficult to see everything going on in smash on such a small screen.

I went ahead and ordered a refurbished 3DS XL from Nintendo! :D

Beckx

it's hard for me to keep track of stuff in smash 3ds but tbh it's hard for me to keep track of smash on a 50 inch screen too, lol

Same. I am glad the New 3DS has a slightly larger screen though. I've been playing on XLs so I am expecting an adjustment period when the new one comes in.

.la1n

Enzo would have to be a mod to change the title.

If we are going to do a mega thread then might as well just move this thread to the Community.

Is this the new "what quantifies a game as anime" weekly topic we have to have now? Not directing this at you DB, just the fact that we have to go over this in every weekly. There's a reason we are weekly and not community, it's been explained a thousand times but we still have someone every week that feels the need to bring it up. What exactly is it that is confusing to people as to why we aren't a megathreas In community, legitimate question.

Sayah

Boooooo. All you sour people ruining my hype for Tekken 7. First people complain incessantly about there being too many characters and how hard it is to learn Tekken with all these match ups. And now that they're reducing that number, people have the impression this will be Tekken 6 with 2 or 3 new characters. Early impressions much?

Also, I have high reason to believe Anna will be there. They're finishing up the Mishima story arc and I can only imagine they want to do the same with Williams. That's pretty much the second major story arc after the mishima story line.

It's kinda hard to get hyped for T7 when they haven't shown anything yet.

I'll get hyped when there's something to see. Perhaps buy a PS4 for the eventual home port too actually >.>

AAK

It's kinda hard to get hyped for T7 when they haven't shown anything yet.

I'll get hyped when there's something to see. Perhaps buy a PS4* for the eventual home port too actually >.>

Guys... it's VERY possible for T7 to be cross gen, hold those hypehorses!

No gen7 hardware runs UE4

For Tekken 7 to be cross gen, they need to use a different engine for the last gen versions.
I guess it could happen. They commissioned Eighting to downsize Tekken 6 on PSP.

Tik-Tok

Guys... it's VERY possible for T7 to be cross gen, hold those hypehorses!

I would say it's VERY unlikely instead of VERY possible. And I would also say good. The sooner we drop cross gen bullshit the sooner we can move towards next gen awesomeness.

Top Bottom