• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH |OT| 145.25GB OF Cloud Data

Are you playing in Graphics or Performance mode?

• Graphics

• Performance

Results are only viewable after voting.
In the middle of chapter 12, doing basically all of the sidequests and most of the minigames. I am starting to grow tired of some of the side activities, thankfully despite the sidequest onslaught that was dropped on me, it seems like things are finally winding down. I'm 100 hours in and just went on the sky wheel, and I can't imagine much more content before the logical ending sequence of the game.

Having returned to Gold Saucer and watched all of the dates, it's absurd just how many cutscenes and unique cinematics there are. The sheer amount of detail and content baffles my mind, how the hell this only took 4 years to create. The little details during the different dates all took effort to animate, plus how every line in the game (including background chatter that has a ridiculous amount of detail) is completely voice acted.

Edit: Btw, really excited to read through the spoiler thread after I'm done with this. Seems like my time spent taking a break with Helldivers 2 put me pretty far behind and most discussion seems to be wrapped up here. It's a shame, this has been one of the most fun and positive threads in recent memory.

Last edited:

Power Pro

In the middle of chapter 12, doing basically all of the sidequests and most of the minigames. I am starting to grow tired of some of the side activities, thankfully despite the sidequest onslaught that was dropped on me, it seems like things are finally winding down. I'm 100 hours in and just went on the sky wheel, and I can't imagine much more content before the logical ending sequence of the game.

Having returned to Gold Saucer and watched all of the dates, it's absurd just how many cutscenes and unique cinematics there are. The sheer amount of detail and content baffles my mind, how the hell this only took 4 years to create. The little details during the different dates all took effort to animate, plus how every line in the game (including background chatter that has a ridiculous amount of detail) is completely voice acted.
This is how I felt during a lot of it. Even though FF as a series is known for it's high production values, it's still something you don't often see in the genre, so it kinda blew me away.

Go_Ly_Dow

This is how I felt during a lot of it. Even though FF as a series is known for it's high production values, it's still something you don't often see in the genre, so it kinda blew me away.
For sure, it's amazing how expressive and animated the characters are in and outside of cutscenes and the volume of it too. The synergy attack choreography is just ridiculous and next level.

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Is there any way you can find out which enemies you have not scanned in a specific region?

Wanna level up the enemy skill materia but I'm stuck at 12/16 on grasslands without any idea of which enemies I forgot to scan.

Go_Ly_Dow

Finishing up the game and doing the towers and only just found out the field music changes after completing a few of them in each specific region. :messenger_face_screaming:

Last edited:

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Who in their right mind thought it was a great idea having players trying to beat a mindflayer first with two easy to destroy enemies laying around at the same time?

the office rage GIF

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
Who in their right mind thought it was a great idea having players trying to beat a mindflayer first with two easy to destroy enemies laying around at the same time?

the office rage GIF
If you're talking about one of Chadley's challenges, I hear you. Not only that, those two enemies will suicide themselves as well. I gave up on doing it. Not worth the headache.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
If you're talking about one of Chadley's challenges, I hear you. Not only that, those two enemies will suicide themselves as well. I gave up on doing it. Not worth the headache.
Yap exactly that one.

I ended up doing it by lowering the difficulty to easy and just taking Barret into the battle.

A lot of long range shooting and rolling but it's doable.

Go_Ly_Dow

I can just about say I'm done with the game (for now) at 103 hours clocked! That's the most hours I've ever put into a single player game

All side quests done except for the last one in the Gold Saucer cos it was driving me crazy.

I finished up the game on the Protorelic quests and the climax to that and the final battle was pretty nuts . I wasn't expecting so many unique cutscenes tied to that side content and it basically felt like part of the main narrative in reflection.

I'll come back to it now and again to finish up the queens blood quests and will then replay the full game in Winter, hopefully enhanced on the Pro.

Final verdict: one of the best games I've ever played and probably the most love I've seen poured into a video game in recent memory. Give me part 3 asap. :messenger_grimmacing_

Last edited:
Finally made it to chapter 13, trying to finish up sidequests before the final push past the point of no return. But holy hell, what is going on with the difficulty spikes with some of this end game content? I am doing the UPA challenge and just finished up queens blood games (except for the higher ranked survival challenges, FUCK THAT) and things have been getting insane, only playing on Normal difficulty.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Have also finished it today. Came in at 130 hours.

I adored parts of it, was meh for parts of it and hated parts of it so it managed to hit every emotion I suppose which is what it wanted to do.

I did do some side stuff via chapter select on hard but genuinely don’t think I can be arsed to do another play through from the beginning on hard.

Barakov

Gold Member
Playing the final boss and I'm pretty sure I hate everyone at Square Enix right now.

EDIT : Fuck it. I uninstalled. After a bullshit one hit kill from the final boss, I'm done with this thing. It's a little early but it's probably going to be my biggest disappointment of the year. I'm going to save the space on my PS5 ssd and play something that's actually fun. Fuck Nomura and co. they dropped the ball as far as I'm concerned. Whoever thought it was a good idea to force you to start from the VERY BEGINNING of the boss fight(which has several stages) after you die is an idiot. I'll just watch the ending on youtube.
I LIED. Reinstalled and beat it. :messenger_face_steam:

Overall, I think the game is pretty good. I'm just not in love with it like a lot of people are. There are some annoying parts in there for sure. There's a bunch of side stuff I didn't do so might come back to it later. There's too many games I have right now to play through.

Raven117

Have also finished it today. Came in at 130 hours.

I adored parts of it, was meh for parts of it and hated parts of it so it managed to hit every emotion I suppose which is what it wanted to do.

I did do some side stuff via chapter select on hard but genuinely don’t think I can be arsed to do another play through from the beginning on hard.
This was basically my feelings as well.

Some parts were awesome, some okay, others terribly irritation.

Overall, I liked it by just mainlining the story.

Top Bottom