• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake: 12 minute of Yuffie gameplay

Lethal01

Edit: found a version with no talking, makes my title a dirt lie though.

Yuffie's gameplay looks literally too good, Not only does she have a homing attack that can be used in the air or on the ground, she also has an aerial dodge. It looks like if you wanted you could pretty much stay in the air for as long as there is something to fight up there.

She can also switch between long range and close range in addition to being able to switch between elements.

The fort condor minigame looks like a nice little addition too.

Another video, mostly the same with less talking.

Last edited:

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Now imagine how awesome FF7 remake part 2 will look....

Oh Yea GIF by memecandy

Lethal01

Just get on with part 2 FFS.

They've been working on part 2 since before Part 1 released. But you can't always have 100% of the dev team working on a project so you often get side projects like this, This DLC served a secondary purpose of letting some of the more technical team experiments with and learn the new engine while also creating a product instead of random throwaway test project.

Kev Kev

they are reusing alot of the areas from ffvii remake. expected, sure, but what they are showing in that looks like it is straight ripped out of levels from the base game. it also appears the terrible side quests are back? i dunno tho, wont be able to judge until i play them. i hope they dont re use too much tho, id like for it to feel fresh and new if i have to spend money on it

still not sure how that works tho...? will we be able to play this on ps4? i bought the digital edition day 1 without ps plus or any of that.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
they are reusing alot of the areas from ffvii remake. expected, sure, but what they are showing in that looks like it is straight ripped out of levels from the base game. it also appears the terrible side quests are back? i dunno tho, wont be able to judge until i play them. i hope they dont re use too much tho, id like for it to feel fresh and new i have to spend money on it

still not sure how that works tho...? will we be able to play this on ps4? i bought the digital edition day 1 without ps plus or any of that.
Lol same here. I bought the digital version on day 1 but i didn't get the free PS+ version just to not mess it up somehow (also there was no reason). Will this be free for us?

Last edited:

Lethal01

Lol same here. I bought the digital version on day 1 but i didn't get the free PS+ version just to not mess it up somehow (also there was no reason). Will this be free for us?

The Yuffie story is not on PS4, you don't get the Yuffie story free.

You get the upgraded PS5 version of the base game free if you bought the game.

Last edited:

Lethal01

Which also includes the Yuffie DLC for free?

No, I just said you don't get it for free... Don't get how this manages to be confusing for people.

Anyway, I do have one problem with what Square is doing, Charging for the Yuffie story is totally fine but I feel like it would be good to make it purchasable standalone, for people who lost their copies or random stuff like that.

Kev Kev

I'm still amazed they pulled the remake off, can't wait to play more of it.
I wouldn’t say they’ve pulled it off yet. There’s a lot of things in the first installment that I didn’t care for, and some things I down right hate. And this Yuffie footage is showing us a lot of the same so far. I’ll wait for it out to come out, as well as the next installments of the remake, before I make any judgements like that.

if they don’t open the world up for traversal via car, boat and airship like the original then that will be an automatic nope for me. I hate this whole faux open world feel that we got with the first installment. But since it’s just Midgar, I kind of get it, although they could have toned down the hallways a bit.

And personally, unless this yuffie episode is outstanding, I’d rather them be working on the next installments rather then adding extra fluff and filler that nobody asked for. So yeah, we have yet to see if they have “pulled it off”...

for me at least...

Lethal01

So yeah, we have yet to see if they have “pulled it off”...

for me at least...

So, "you" have yet to see if they pulled it off.
"We" have seen that they knocked it out of the park.;)

I do hope that they have better level design in the next part, that's pretty much the only part of the first game I disliked.

Also hoping they go with Unreal Engine 5, Square just announced they are using it for Dragon Quest XII.

Last edited:

Kev Kev

So, "you" have yet to see if they pulled it off.
"We" have seen that they knocked it out of the park.;)

I do hope that they have better level design in the next part, that's pretty much the only part of the first game I disliked.

Also hoping they go with Unreal Engine 5, Square just announced they are using it for Dragon Quest XII.
yeah, thats fair. and im happy for everyone that loves it. different strokes and all that. there is a lot of ffvii remake that i love, and it shows bc ive put nearly 200 hours into it and i still want to complete my hard mode run.

Already so much better than the original
hqg-84.gif

Last edited:
Top Bottom