• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

Son Of D

So random question on te % rate for FFX-2:

- Do you have to get all the items in a location to get the 100%?? I finished the prologue and Gagazet part again and it still states I'm only at 5%? The guides say I should be at 6%? WTF?

You may have missed watching the Treasure Sphere you start with. Journey's Start I believe it's called.

mstevens

FFX-2 has been fun so far, but it seems very different from a normal RPG. I'm almost to chapter 5 and I feel like I haven't fought very much... I'm only around level 34. I've been hearing that Trema is super hard, so does that mean I'm going to have to grind 50+ levels in this one chapter? Seems odd.

What are the odds of Dark Yojimbo dropping 4-slot BHPL+Ribbon? I have never seen a Ribbon. I'm starting to think it's easier to just farm Dark Matter.

Arthea

X-2 5th chapter is killing me, I forgot how much stuff is to do there, seemingly there is no end to it.

FFX-2 has been fun so far, but it seems very different from a normal RPG. I'm almost to chapter 5 and I feel like I haven't fought very much... I'm only around level 34. I've been hearing that Trema is super hard, so does that mean I'm going to have to grind 50+ levels in this one chapter? Seems odd.

don't worry, that's normal, I'm in chapter 5 now and my girls are around 30 lvls. Then again, I probably will finish a game with the fiend team. Have you any good monsters trained?
Keep in mind that those kind of levels won't help you much with side stuff in chapter 5, but if you do it with your team, you'll level some, my fiend team is close to 50 lvls, and I haven't done even half of sidequests in chapter 5 (haven't used any tricks too), but I fought quite a few tournaments in the fiend arena.

What are the odds of Dark Yojimbo dropping 4-slot BHPL+Ribbon? I have never seen a Ribbon. I'm starting to think it's easier to just farm Dark Matter.

For me really really rare, I haven't got single one with that combination, and I killed him more times I had wish to count. I got one with curse resistance added, though.

Ourobolus

Banned
For the sphere grid completion trophy, is there a method I should be following for max stats? Guides I've found all say different things.

Max DEF, STR, MDF, AGL. Don't worry about HP, MP, MAG.
Get a few Luck Spheres to get your luck up to about 130.

Fill everything else up with MDF spheres since they're the easiest to farm. To save you time, after you do all of the post-game bosses, clear the Luck spheres and replace them with MDF spheres too.

Max DEF, STR, MDF, AGL. Don't worry about HP, MP, MAG.
Get a few Luck Spheres to get your luck up to about 130.

Fill everything else up with MDF spheres since they're the easiest to farm. To save you time, after you do all of the post-game bosses, clear the Luck spheres and replace them with MDF spheres too.

Is it possible to defeat Pennance without maxish Luck? Not including Zanmato. Earth Eater is such a waste of time.

mstevens

X-2 5th chapter is killing me, I forgot how much stuff is to do there, seemingly there is no end to it.

don't worry, that's normal, I'm in chapter 5 now and my girls are around 30 lvls. Then again, I probably will finish a game with the fiend team. Have you any good monsters trained?
Keep in mind that those kind of levels won't help you much with side stuff in chapter 5, but if you do it with your team, you'll level some, my fiend team is close to 50 lvls, and I haven't done even half of sidequests in chapter 5 (haven't used any tricks too), but I fought quite a few tournaments in the fiend arena.

I could be approaching this wrong because I'm a FFX-2 noob, but right now I'm going through all the side stuff in chapter 5 and bribing bosses if they're too hard because I want to get the last dressphere (mascot) out of the way. Then, once all the episodes are complete, I'm going to go to thunder plains and train up to level 70. I don't want to get too high because I want to use thieves in Via against the level 80 boss to get the 99 chains. Then, I'll train up to 99 and try Trema.

I suppose technically, yeah. It'll just take a lot longer because you'll be missing a lot and potentially not doing 99999 if you aren't critting.

Gha. I really want the platinum in this game as it's a goal I set out to achieve when I bought it. The time sink is way more than I thought it was. Thanks for the help :)

mstevens

Ugh so frustrated. I slogged my way up to level 80 in the Via Infinito underleveled because I wanted to get this 99 chain trophy before I got too strong, so I wouldn't kill the boss.

Now that I'm up here hours later, I can't get the chain to work. I've tried 0 speed bracers, 1 and 2. I always get up to about 40 and then it starts over.

edit: Ahh the ole neogaf reverse psychology post. Got it... tried slowing down and it actually worked better.

The trick to the 5 chest thing is to go up the second ramp after the 4th chest, not the first one. It cuts off a lot of time.

It's still very very iffy, but yeah. If you do everything right you'll still end up with at most a 1-2 second lead on the other chocobo after getting 5 chests, I think. Running into walls and taking curves too wide is the biggest obstacle to success.

Hobbun

Awesome.

I just finished Chocobo Master. I did it in about 45 minutes and I think it was around 15 tries total.

Now have the two hardest mini-games out the way (for me), both Chocobo races. Both of which I could not do when I first played X on the PS2.

I think my reflexes may be getting better in my old age!

:)

Arthea

Awesome.

I just finished Chocobo Master. I did it in about 45 minutes and I think it was around 15 tries total.

Now have the two hardest mini-games out the way (for me), both Chocobo races. Both of which I could not do when I first played X on the PS2.

I think my reflexes may be getting better in my old age!

:)

opposite seems to be true for me, I found everything being harder in FFX this time around, finally I gave up on chocobo catcher and I now vividly remember why I said back then, that FFX is a great game, but I'm not doing most of side stuff ever again (><)

mstevens

I cannot beat Trema. I've tried about 10 times and I'm just going to give up. I'm even doing the "stress free" way of bribing paragon and trying to mix miracle drinks, but I can't get them off because Rikku dies in one attack when she's an alchemist. Even when she does get one off, it doesn't last long enough to get anything done. I have no idea why it isn't working for me.. I'm using all the best accessories I have access to, too.

So it looks like I'm going to have to do a new game + and try creature creator. Is there certain creatues I can get early on and train all game that can take on Trema?

Thanks

Levyne

Banned
I can give you a few tips if that's okay. It's a safe and slow way to take down Trema with an Alchemist and two dark knights.

I cannot beat Trema. I've tried about 10 times and I'm just going to give up. I'm even doing the "stress free" way of bribing paragon and trying to mix miracle drinks, but I can't get them off because Rikku dies in one attack when she's an alchemist. Even when she does get one off, it doesn't last long enough to get anything done. I have no idea why it isn't working for me.. I'm using all the best accessories I have access to, too.

So it looks like I'm going to have to do a new game + and try creature creator. Is there certain creatues I can get early on and train all game that can take on Trema?

Thanks

If you can possibly get the Adamantite accessory from the Gunner's Gauntlet, it ought to keep her alive as an Alchemist long enough to get that one Mix off. Then try switching off to Mascots with Auto-Protect learned?

mstevens

I think the trick to this game is to complain about it... and then succeed.

Somehow did it. The biggest thing I changed was I put my adamantite on Paine (Mascot with break hp limit and invincible accessory for break damage) to make at least one almost indestructible character. Then, since I kept having issues with Rikku dying on the first turn, I gave her the GG that is +20 def every time you move. I started her on Mascot -> Dark Knight so she would have some defense as she moved around, and then brought her back to alchemist. Did a similar thing with Yuna till she got to mascot. Then I buffed everyone, sucked Trema's MP, and then did a Stamina Spring to double everyone's HP/

Once that foundation was set, it was fairly smooth.

Phew!

Levyne

Banned
Nice! Basically what I (and a fair lot of people) do/did. Prioritize defense, keep protect up, double HP, whittle away, Hero Drinks, quick item usage in a pinch, plenty of Megalixers, etc :p

mstevens

I gotta say that was a satisfying fight to win. Tough, but not overly unfair.

I still might experiment with the creature creator in a NG+, though. Seems pretty fun.

Balphon

I just set my fiends at 3 stars and walked away for 15 minutes.

Kinda felt like cheating.

Good job, though; I remember doing that fight with YRP on PS2 and it was quite hair-pulling.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
After playing FFX on Vita and PS3 I think the Vita version is better.Particularly the load times. Really surprised how much better they are on Vita. Haven't started X-2 yet.

Zephyx

Just listened to the bonus audio. Can't wait for FFX-3.

Still sad they ruined the ending of the first two games though.

Atlantis

I just set my fiends at 3 stars and walked away for 15 minutes.

Kinda felt like cheating.

Good job, though; I remember doing that fight with YRP on PS2 and it was quite hair-pulling.

I have to admit, friends ending up so much more powerful than the actual party was pretty disappointing. Kind of drained my excitement for the whole thing.

Balphon

I have to admit, friends ending up so much more powerful than the actual party was pretty disappointing. Kind of drained my excitement for the whole thing.

Yeah, I quickly surmised that was going to be the case, so the only time I ever used fioends outside of the arena was to kill Trema, and that was because they'd already beaten him in the arena. The arena largely seems to be tuned to the increased power level of fiends, so it worked out well as a means of keeping either half of the game from being too easy/difficult. Likewise, Major Numerus was a nice little strategic challenge, but even he got dwarfed in power by my fiend team once they beat him a few times and I fed them his drops.

Falk

that puzzling face
I guess considering fiends were in a second iteration of the game there needed to be a carrot on a stick for actually grinding them? :|

Balphon

I guess considering fiends were in a second iteration of the game there needed to be a carrot on a stick for actually grinding them? :|

Really isn't much grinding. They level up quickly, the best abilities aren't difficult to come by, they use the same accessories you'd want for YRP, and the only stat you'd really need to "grind" through feeding items (HP) is the easiest one to build by far.

Falk

that puzzling face
Well, grinding wasn't really the word I'm looking for - there needed to be a reason to want to build them up instead of just using YRP for anything, I guess?

Then again the power differential is something else.

Top Bottom