• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD Remaster |OT| G - A - F in position, it's showtime gurlz!

So I forgot I had this game for VITA and just found it, still unopened under my dresser... I really want to sell it but at the same time I want to play X-2... Shiza

Balphon

Well, grinding wasn't really the word I'm looking for - there needed to be a reason to want to build them up instead of just using YRP for anything, I guess?

Then again the power differential is something else.

I suppose. I'm surprised the game lets you use them outside of the fiend arena at all, given how quickly they will ramp past normal enemies in power.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Big breakthrough in my FFX play through. I shamefully admit it, I've made it to the final showdown portion of Sin 5 times prior to this Vita/PS4 play through. For some reason I made it to the fight where you chop off
Sins wings
. I always gave up there for some reason and always came there with around 36 hours. This 6th play through was different though.

I'm now past that and on my way to the real last encounter and can put this demon to rest while finally seeing the conclusion to FFX.

Clocking in a little under 45 hours now as I've been grinding and doing some monster capturing. I feel pretty good going into this last encounter.

mstevens

Big breakthrough in my FFX play through. I shamefully admit it, I've made it to the final showdown portion of Sin 5 times prior to this Vita/PS4 play through. For some reason I made it to the fight where you chop off
Sins wings
. I always gave up there for some reason and always came there with around 36 hours. This 6th play through was different though.

I'm now past that and on my way to the real last encounter and can put this demon to rest while finally seeing the conclusion to FFX.

Clocking in a little under 45 hours now as I've been grinding and doing some monster capturing. I feel pretty good going into this last encounter.

Congrats!

Arthea

I can't finish chapter 5. It is endless, I'm sure of it now!
After going through Thunder plains new dungeon three times, I reached my limit, so exhausted.

LiquidMetal14

Well, I beat it. I had an inclination of what was coming but it was still a good and slightly emotional ending. I watched the Eternal Calm and Bonus audio stuff and am kind of left with more questions but in short, is the audio supposed to be a lead in to FFX-2 or is it just something that is strictly non cannon and for fun? Bare in mind I've never got into FFX-2 so if there's spoilers on that then I'd prefer not to read them.

So all in all it was a great game and was saddened by the end but thought the game finished strong even with some questions left after Eternal Calm. I sure as hell hope there's some closure to this in FFX-2

Well, I beat it. I had an inclination of what was coming but it was still a good and slightly emotional ending. I watched the Eternal Calm and Bonus audio stuff and am kind of left with more questions but in short, is the audio supposed to be a lead in to FFX-2 or is it just something that is strictly non cannon and for fun? Bare in mind I've never got into FFX-2 so if there's spoilers on that then I'd prefer not to read them.

So all in all it was a great game and was saddened by the end but thought the game finished strong even with some questions left after Eternal Calm. I sure as hell hope there's some closure to this in FFX-2

The audio drama is set *after* FFX-2 and is really awful and silly.

LiquidMetal14

Is it in the FFX portion? Is this how it's organized on the Vita?

Yeah. There is also bonus audio and such in the FFX-2 DL menu. So X on the Vita card has FFX, Eternal Calm, and the bonus credits with audio. FFX-2 Vita DL has the game, Final Mission, and bonus credits with audio. So maybe it was a major oversight and both audios are the same but the gauging from the responses there is no reason why that bonus audio track should have been in the FFX Vita cart as it can be viewed as a major spoiler and I really want to wash my mind from that so I have no inclination of what's going to happen in X-2.

As was noted in the subsequent replies, on the PS3 version has it all on the same menu as it's just all bunched together and it's in order so the audio track and credits aren't just right after Eternal Calm. If I had known about it I would have never took the time to hear it but it's already done and am trying to forget about it as to not have spoiled some potential things in my FFX-2 play through.

Falk

that puzzling face
Yeah. There is also bonus audio and such in the FFX-2 DL menu. So X on the Vita card has FFX, Eternal Calm, and the bonus credits with audio. FFX-2 Vita DL has the game, Final Mission, and bonus credits with audio. So maybe it was a major oversight and both audios are the same but the gauging from the responses there is no reason why that bonus audio track should have been in the FFX Vita cart as it can be viewed as a major spoiler and I really want to wash my mind from that so I have no inclination of what's going to happen in X-2.

As was noted in the subsequent replies, on the PS3 version has it all on the same menu as it's just all bunched together and it's in order so the audio track and credits aren't just right after Eternal Calm. If I had known about it I would have never took the time to hear it but it's already done and am trying to forget about it as to not have spoiled some potential things in my FFX-2 play through.

Maybe it's because you can get them separately on Vita.

Yeah, that's shitty. It makes sense, I guess, because they'd want to be sure that the credits for conversion are included on the cart, but man, that's shitty.

Everything about the audio drama is shitty.

mstevens

I'm having a good time with the last mission, but boy are there some dumb mechanics. On floor 70 you have to
transform into a goon to unlock the elevator, and I don't have any of those items, so I had the founder transform me and started walking to the elevator... and he teleported me to the bottom. Not a big deal because I have a save five floors down, but it's pretty annoying having to press O and select on the vita (small button) a million times for no reason.

Levyne

Banned
Yeah, getting to the top is a bit obfuscated. I was following a guide because me then this disk had been in my PS3 for waay too many hours and I wanted to be done with it, haha.

Arthea

I can't even finish chapter 5, let alone tackling postgame.
Seriously... I tried to kill Angra Mainyu again and it seems I still can't. My girls are out of the question, as they are lvl 30 still, but my monster team is above 50 lvl now and I still can't kill it and without killing it there is no episode complete in Bicanel and Djose, sigh.

mstevens

Seriously... I tried to kill Angra Mainyu again and it seems I still can't. My girls are out of the question, as they are lvl 30 still, but my monster team is above 50 lvl now and I still can't kill it and without killing it there is no episode complete in Bicanel and Djose, sigh.

I don't know much about the creature creator because I didn't use it, but for YRP I used 2 Dark Knights (using darkness) and an alchemist to heal with her stash. You could try grinding those out and leveling YRP.

Arthea

I don't know much about the creature creator because I didn't use it, but for YRP I used 2 Dark Knights (using darkness) and an alchemist to heal with her stash. You could try grinding those out and leveling YRP.

I'm reluctant... It would take really long to get YRP to my monster team levels, and even then they wouldn't be as good, probably. Actually, I would have more influence on how battle unfolds... but by the look of it, I simply need more levels even for monster team. Maybe I should do Bevelle and Infinito first, at least partly.

Balphon

Doing that with fiends is going to be hard if you can't quickly overpower him since they won't selectively target his arms and will get hit with breaks a lot. I did that with 2 Samurai and an Alchemist and probably wasn't much higher level than 30. Just spam Fireworks, use White Hole (Mix Elemental Gem + Holy Water) on the physical immune arm when you can and Fingersnap yourself if you get hit with breaks too often (or let the girl die and revive her, though she'll need buffs again). If you don't have enough items to use White Hole frequently, you can switch one of the Samurai to a Dark Knight and use Darkness or Black Sky instead of Fireworks. Might take a bit, but it should work; just be sure to lead off with Final Wall (Mix Chocobo Wing and pretty much anything) and something to double everybody's max HP.

Atlantis

I'm reluctant... It would take really long to get YRP to my monster team levels, and even then they wouldn't be as good, probably. Actually, I would have more influence on how battle unfolds... but by the look of it, I simply need more levels even for monster team. Maybe I should do Bevelle and Infinito first, at least partly.

I'm pretty sure the boss could be beaten at your current levels, but a bit of grinding in the final dungeon with Lady Luck gets you levels very, very quickly.

Rigalo

It's sad
killing all of your aeons at the end
:(

And wow. Can't Believe I actually beat this game. It was one of my favorites as a kid and I always considered beating Yunalesca as beating the game lol. But I've done it this time! The feels. Amazing game.

Arthea

I'm pretty sure the boss could be beaten at your current levels, but a bit of grinding in the final dungeon with Lady Luck gets you levels very, very quickly.

Doing that with fiends is going to be hard if you can't quickly overpower him since they won't selectively target his arms and will get hit with breaks a lot. I did that with 2 Samurai and an Alchemist and probably wasn't much higher level than 30. Just spam Fireworks, use White Hole (Mix Elemental Gem + Holy Water) on the physical immune arm when you can and Fingersnap yourself if you get hit with breaks too often (or let the girl die and revive her, though she'll need buffs again). If you don't have enough items to use White Hole frequently, you can switch one of the Samurai to a Dark Knight and use Darkness or Black Sky instead of Fireworks. Might take a bit, but it should work; just be sure to lead off with Final Wall (Mix Chocobo Wing and pretty much anything) and something to double everybody's max HP.

I'm not sure how serious you are, at 30 lvls girls do what? couple of hundreds damage with fireworks, no way it can work. I remember that Angra Mainyu has insane amount of hp. Well there are couple of possibilities to increase damage, but I can't use them as I need defenses increased to have any chance. Even if it is possible, it just sounds like bad idea to me, but I'll try.
Even my monster team takes some time to kill hands and they do damage in thousands. The problem with monster team is that they stop healing themselves at some point for whatever reason and just attack, even if their hp is low. If I could somehow avoid that, but I can't. I tried to drain bosses' mp with monster team, but it didn't work either, too much mp, probably, and monsters don't stick to what I want of them often, meanies.

Anyways, thanks for suggestions.
Also I need to point out, that this is the very first boss that my monsters struggle against.

Balphon

I'm not sure how serious you are, at 30 lvls girls do what? couple of hundreds damage with fireworks, no way it can work. I remember that Angra Mainyu has insane amount of hp. Well there are couple of possibilities to increase damage, but I can't use them as I need defenses increased to have any chance. Even if it is possible, it just sounds like bad idea to me, but I'll try.
Even my monster team takes some time to kill hands and they do damage in thousands. The problem with monster team is that they stop healing themselves at some point for whatever reason and just attack, even if their hp is low. If I could somehow avoid that, but I can't. I tried to drain bosses' mp with monster team, but it didn't work either, too much mp, probably, and monsters don't stick to what I want of them often, meanies.

Anyways, thanks for suggestions.
Also I need to point out, that this is the very first boss that my monsters struggle against.

I can't remember what level I was when I killed him this time around, but it was one the first things I did when I started Chapter 5 so it couldn't have been that high. In any event, most of your stats will come from accessories rather than levels anyway, and levels are easy to get if you really feel you need them.

What fiends are you using? Fireworks and Black Sky/Ultima are likely to be the ideal attacks for them as well in that fight.

mstevens

Grinding levels in the thunder plains dungeon is really, really fast. Even without Lady Luck. Just watch some TV and grind it out, and you'll beat that boss with the strategies listed above fairly easily.

Finalow

FFX-2
I read that Eject works against Azi Dahaka so I just go there, try to fight, die, farm for 2 hours Kogoro fucking Strike and it doesn't fucking work. it misses all the time.
can I reset the puzzle thing in order to do it again? I have 2 saves but I'm pretty sure they're both after I've done something wrong.

Arthea

That was not simply bad idea, that was horrible idea (><)
My girls died after an hour and a half battle, when buffs ran out, and while Alchemist was mixing wall, Angra decided to Flare one and then Perdition the rest.
Really, does Alchemist has to be this slow? She's only fast when using items, while mixing is nightmarishly long in comparison.
Anyway, I managed to get their fireworks damage close to 1000, but I sacrificed status def for that, and Alchemist being slow as she is, that's not the way to go, otoh if I did half less of damage, couple of extra moves wouldn't have helped me anyway.
To make long story short, even if it is theoretically possible (I'm not even sure about that, actually), there is no point trying to kill Angra with lvls 30. That simply doesn't work and I won't even mention how many items, good items is needed for such a long battle.

Atlantis

Then I'd recommend doing some grinding, only ten or so levels could be all the difference you need.

Really, does Alchemist has to be this slow? She's only fast when using items, while mixing is nightmarishly long in comparison..

Really you should only be using Mix if you need a unique effect, otherwise stick with the item menu. Her awful charge times are kind of a necessary evil to balance such a powerful skill-set, but most of the time I prefer White Mage.

Arthea

Then I'd recommend doing some grinding, only ten or so levels could be all the difference you need.

Really you should only be using Mix if you need a unique effect, otherwise stick with the item menu. Her awful charge times are kind of a necessary evil to balance such a powerful skill-set, but most of the time I prefer White Mage.
Ya, I was thinking about that, but White Mage's HP at those levels is ridiculously low, and there is this thing that Angra regularly takes mp, so Alchemist seems like only choice.

mstevens

Instead of battling for an hour and a half with YRP in their 30s, you should use an hour and a half to grind their levels and then beat the boss easily. Go to the thunder plains dungeons and grind there.

Cornbread78

Uggh, so I've played throught the first chaper of FF X-2 three times now and still can't get the needed 25%, I've read through the Brady guide and 2 online guides... I did it back in the PS2 days, but I can;t get it on VITA.... WTF! What could I possible be missing... so infuriating, I have to play through the same 9 hours of gameplay for the 100th time now...

Yesssssss, got the chocobo catcher trophy at last! Such a relief.

Now just got to grind out the sphere grid trophies. Seems a bit overwhelming right now.
Tidus is already strength 255 so I guess there's no point farming more strength spheres?
I'm not strong enough to farm luck spheres yet, so what should be next?

Yesssssss, got the chocobo catcher trophy at last! Such a relief.

Now just got to grind out the sphere grid trophies. Seems a bit overwhelming right now.
Tidus is already strength 255 so I guess there's no point farming more strength spheres?
I'm not strong enough to farm luck spheres yet, so what should be next?

MDef, Def are easy with max Str.

Agi... there's almost enough to hit 170 so not much farming needed.

dteQ7TL.png

Almost there! Just have to grind out Fortune Spheres for Tidus and Wakka then I can kill what's left in this game.

Good god. Maxing MAG would have killed me.

Most of my grinding was done while doing something else, believe it or not. I have my PS3 near my PC, hooked up to my second monitor. I'd play a game of League, and just keep mashing X in between deaths or recalls. I've definitely fallen asleep on the train playing on my Vita though. I'm straight torturing myself with this rofl.

mstevens

Uggh, so I've played throught the first chaper of FF X-2 three times now and still can't get the needed 25%, I've read through the Brady guide and 2 online guides... I did it back in the PS2 days, but I can;t get it on VITA.... WTF! What could I possible be missing... so infuriating, I have to play through the same 9 hours of gameplay for the 100th time now...

Use this guide.. I got 100% easy.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/643146-final-fantasy-x-x-2-hd-remaster/faqs/27786

I have a question about stat maxing. I have access to the Don Tonberry trick now but should I complete the sphere grid once first and then go through it again to max the stats?

I have a question about stat maxing. I have access to the Don Tonberry trick now but should I complete the sphere grid once first and then go through it again to max the stats?
Maxing stats would be slow and painful if you don't go through most of the grid first. You won't even hit a few enemies without enough Acc from the grid.

Besides, once you start minmaxing you probably have the complete weapon setups for Don Tonberry by that time. 99 Slv in 5 mins tops.

I actually aggressively minimized my stuff first - as soon as I had access to Clear Spheres, I sent everyone around wiping out the +1/2/3 spheres and the +200/+20 hp/mp spheres. (I think that the International version got rid of the weird one-time +100/+10 hp/mp spheres that appear, like, exactly once in the original version of the game.) Everyone's got every single *optimal* stat sphere filled out, though. Should be interesting working my way back up from this point - and of course, thanks to farming for Triple AP weapons, everyone's got max MDef already, which means that farming for Magic Spheres from Jumbo Flan should be very easy (and of course Evasion and MP are super-easy to grind as well if you're using aeons).

Other stats will be a little more tricky (especially with everyone at cripplingly low HP), but I don't mind - it makes it easier (in my mind) to know exactly how far I have to go. And it feels like a fun puzzle to figure out which of the all-important HP/STR/AGI trinity needs to get pumped up first.

Arthea

Anybody knows, is there the list of enemies immune to Congrats somewhere? I couldn't find one. I know that most bosses are, but it would be nice to know before trying and failing, especially in Via Infinito.

man, you have some incredible patience. You do realize that you don't need to remove any nods in order to max characters (HP aside, I never maxed that and luck).

mstevens

Anybody knows, is there the list of enemies immune to Congrats somewhere? I couldn't find one. I know that most bosses are, but it would be nice to know before trying and failing, especially in Via Infinito.

man, you have some incredible patience. You do realize that you don't need to remove any nods in order to max characters (HP aside, I never maxed that and luck).

I'm 99% sure you can congrats any of the bosses in Via Infinito except Trema. I personally did it to Paragon.

Maxing stats would be slow and painful if you don't go through most of the grid first. You won't even hit a few enemies without enough Acc from the grid.

Besides, once you start minmaxing you probably have the complete weapon setups for Don Tonberry by that time. 99 Slv in 5 mins tops.

I actually aggressively minimized my stuff first - as soon as I had access to Clear Spheres, I sent everyone around wiping out the +1/2/3 spheres and the +200/+20 hp/mp spheres. (I think that the International version got rid of the weird one-time +100/+10 hp/mp spheres that appear, like, exactly once in the original version of the game.) Everyone's got every single *optimal* stat sphere filled out, though. Should be interesting working my way back up from this point - and of course, thanks to farming for Triple AP weapons, everyone's got max MDef already, which means that farming for Magic Spheres from Jumbo Flan should be very easy (and of course Evasion and MP are super-easy to grind as well if you're using aeons).

Other stats will be a little more tricky (especially with everyone at cripplingly low HP), but I don't mind - it makes it easier (in my mind) to know exactly how far I have to go. And it feels like a fun puzzle to figure out which of the all-important HP/STR/AGI trinity needs to get pumped up first.

Thanks. I think I might need to take a break from the game because I can't see myself finishing stat maxing anytime soon.

I want to fill in all empty nodes post-255 stats with HP Spheres for the sake of my Aeons, even though my characters will stay at 9999 HP. I'm aggressive about this stuff.

Audioboxer

Just got the Airship, now to do a ton of sidequest stuff...

First thing, how do I get back to the Macalania woods to change the cloudy mirror? Not sure where to take the airship for fastest access.

Thanks

Top Bottom