• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XVI official screenshots + Blog Post

Bojji

Playstation Blogpost

Official Screenshots

52118329769_9e92daaa12_k.jpg

Left part of this screen: mid gen PS3 quality looks like shit

Right part of this screen: late PS4 game

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
FF16 is one of my most anticipated games.

However, you're on crack. This is about on the same graphical level as Forspoken. And a step below a cross gen title like Horizon Forbidden West.
The person said “art do wonders” which means is less about tech more about liking it’s art direction. So for me personally FF16 looks MUCH better than Horizon and Forspoken combined.

Last edited:

Sleepwalker

Looks really good, not a fan of final fantasy in general (except tactics) but this might be my first serious go at a mainline one

begotten

I'll still play this when it drops because I've always played mainline FFs, but I don't get why people are so excited. I guess it not being 15 is a good start. Gameplay seems whatever.

Last edited:

Elysion

Banned
The lighting in this game looks kinda flat, tbh. It really shows that no matter how detailed your textures are, or how complex the geometry is, without next-gen lighting it’s gonna look like a last-gen game. This desperately needs something like Lumen (this is true for a lot of current-gen games, honestly).

Gandih42

Hopefully his cape does not clip through his sword on his back i always hate when that happen in other games it takes me out of the immersion

Bruh, not even the power of the cloud has that kind of power ...

Looks beautiful though, really liking both the grounded and fantasy environments.

GymWolf

They improved the graphic (still clearly crossgen tho) but i want to see some uncutted/unedited combat and exploration.

I like the more adult tone tho.

P.s. screenshots looks way better than the trailer, i need to see the 4k one asap.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

I don't care if it comes to PS4 as long as PS5 and PC are baseline. A gimped version like FFXIV on PS3, fine. I won't play it though.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

I kinda don`t understand the praise those screenshots are getting. This looks a lot more last gen than something like Horizen FW....

Art direction. Horizon technically impressive, but something about robot dinosaurs in a futuristic jungle that makes it look a bit like artistic vomit.

Last edited:

ClosBSAS

Yoshi p deserves this. This was his dream, to direct a mainline FF. He had saved the franchise with 14, now he will send FF15 to a forgotten dimension.

With every Final Fantasy game that releases since VII I’m seeing the trailers and screens and I’m hyped af. But when I play it for an hour or so I’m saying to myself: “I’m not gonna play this..”.

I think the record is FF X, which I played for almost 10 hours before quitting.

But this new one looks great! I can’t wait to play it!

Shane89

it looks amazing that but HACK AND SLASH touch will kit it very hard. Just like what happened with FF: Fail or Paradise. It flopped really hard

Top Bottom