• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Sölf

131 Orbs later I got an Eldigan. Decided to finish the pull, best decision ever.

oui0vQh.jpg

Also got my first Marth (4*) and my first Eirika (4* and 3 over all pulls, wtf). Also got a 5* Young Tiki fairly early, after 4 or 5 red pulls.

Ayra being tossed up on a banner with another red that many may not want is most of the problem, as some have noted. Eldigan being good but not a step above like Ayra generally is to sword infantry, what with Xander, Brave Roy, etc out there.

Of course, I got an Eldigan on the banner after doing an extra pull after a freebie 3*. Another option for assault modes. Back to waiting for more orbs.

Alucrid

Banned
got a 3.75% pity rate on the first banner trying to get that guy on a horse only to see this morning the new banner. fuck me, right? i guess after a good CYL and dancer banner streak this was bound to happen. time to not roll until the last day.

This is definitely the most screwed up banner they have ever released. Didn't put Ayra on the previous banner. Put another red unit on the same banner, who is a good unit but obviously not the true prize. Now if we pull, not only do we have to hope for red orbs to even show up, but we have to hope for her over eldigan. Crazy.

But I will still put what ever orbs I acquire into it , sniping for reds because she's just that good.

Okamid3n

The funniest thing to me is how unjustified Ayra's OPness is. She doesn't even have a legendary weapon, it's literally just called Ayra's Blade. Just feels super lazy to me.

Honestly, it's pushing me away from the game. Once Super Mario Odyssey comes out, I'm taking a big break from FEH. I had my fun, I managed to stay in tier 20 of the Arena, I've beaten all content so far and nothing is challenging anymore, so I think I should come back later and see if there is new content/new challenges for me to tackle.

Draxal

The funniest thing to me is how unjustified Ayra's OPness is. She doesn't even have a legendary weapon, it's literally just called Ayra's Blade. Just feels super lazy to me.

Honestly, it's pushing me away from the game. Once Super Mario Odyssey comes out, I'm taking a big break from FEH. I had my fun, I managed to stay in tier 20 of the Arena, I've beaten all content so far and nothing is challenging anymore, so I think I should come back later and see if there is new content/new challenges for me to tackle.

I would have been happier if they gave her Balmung, but to be fair Ayra wasn't the first to get the op weapon treatment. It started with Valter.

I've also took a big break from FEH around june because first tempest trial was boring and new focus heroes were really random back in the day (luke and roderick, really ?). If it burns you out go for it but if you plan to come back don't forget to at least log-in once per day because after coming back on august and missing so much orbs feels bad man.

I would have been happier if they gave her Balmung, but to be fair Ayra wasn't the first to get the op weapon treatment. It started with Valter.

tbh between cursed lance and ayra's blade, there's one world inbetween. Cursed lance gives +2 on spd / atk and a damage penalty, ayra's weapon straight up gives +3 spd without drawback and an heavy weapon effect built into it like ok thanks man.

Draxal

tbh between cursed lance and ayra's blade, there's one world inbetween. Cursed lance gives +2 on spd / atk and a damage penalty, ayra's weapon straight up gives +3 spd without drawback and an heavy weapon effect built into it like ok thanks man.

Nah, Cursed lance also has a killer/slaying edge effect.

Its like a gimped Celica's Ragnarok + Eldigan's Mystletainn all in one, Ayra's is better, but that one is also pushed as well.

Firemind

Definitely agree on generic weapon names. At least Divine Tyrfing makes sense lorewise AND sounds cool. Same with Blazing Durandal and Mulagir.

Golnei

Definitely agree on generic weapon names. At least Divine Tyrfing makes sense lorewise AND sounds cool. Same with Blazing Durandal and Mulagir.

I agree that "Character's Weapon" is an ugly-sounding naming, convention in general - and in this case, it doesn't even fit the established pattern of signifying an inheritable weapon that can only originate with one unit.

Though I'm not sure what a better specific replacement would have been in this case, since Ayra can't actually use Balmung. A variation of the Brave Sword would fit from the perspective of the original game, but just become confusing in Heroes as it wouldn't function like a Brave Sword. An "Einherjar's Balmung" referencing the Awakening regalia might be similarly clunky, although they sort of did that by giving Sol Katti its Awakening look.

Maybe some form of "broken sword", playing off the method to inherit Balmung without actually having the sword be Balmung?

gaiadyne

Logged in saw that there was a new banner. Eldigan, Lachesis... and who is this fetching young lady! Is she new? Naturally use my free summon on the one Red Orb in the batch, Instantly summon Arya. Okay, I hope she's good. Decide to Summon the rest of the orbs and get a 5* Raven! Look up Arya and see all the salt on the sub-reddit, as I realize I now have 6 5* Sword units and only a few of the other types...

Firemind

I agree that "Character's Weapon" is an ugly-sounding naming, convention in general - and in this case, it doesn't even fit the established pattern of signifying an inheritable weapon that can only originate with one unit.

Though I'm not sure what a better specific replacement would have been in this case, since Ayra can't actually use Balmung. A variation of the Brave Sword would fit from the perspective of the original game, but just become confusing in Heroes as it wouldn't function like a Brave Sword. An "Einherjar's Balmung" referencing the Awakening regalia might be similarly clunky, although they sort of did that by giving Sol Katti its Awakening look.

Maybe some form of "broken sword", playing off the method to inherit Balmung without actually having the sword be Balmung?
Ayra can use Miracle Sword, Barrier Sword, Defender Sword, Wing Clipper, Light Brand, Flame/Levin/Earth/Wind Sword which all would add something new to the table. That's more interesting than a noncanon weapon that rivals the best legendary weapons and has two insane mods.

Vena

Ayra can use Miracle Sword, Barrier Sword, Defender Sword, Wing Clipper, Light Brand, Flame/Levin/Earth/Wind Sword which all would add something new to the table. That's more interesting than a noncanon weapon that rivals the best legendary weapons and has two insane mods.

Doesn't have innate DC so it's still second rate due to Steady Breath. It's comparable to Blazing Durandal, though, and that's rather stupid.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This is the first TT where I don't have a 40% unit, kind of a pain that it's all characters from new banners
I think I ran an earlier TT with only 20% units. It's not as bad as it sounds. The difference is barely noticeable if you're autobattling most of your way up, anyway.

I think I ran an earlier TT with only 20% units. It's not as bad as it sounds. The difference is barely noticeable if you're autobattling most of your way up, anyway.
I did my first TT with no bonus unit until I got the 4* clive, then I got to 100k using that 4* clive. Didnt even switch to 5*. I set up an emulator and ran auto battle while playing Rainbow 6 Siege. Its not bad at all if you have a way to easily auto battle it. Back then my auto battle team could only do level 25 too.

Going to have to do that again from the start with Arvis, and wont even be able to switch to Ayra at 30k because godfucking damnit IS.

You might already know, but Mulagir is a weapon in FE6/7, originally used by a Sacaen horsewoman, in the same way Durandal and Armads were used by ancient heroes. Athos just decided it wasn't worth the time for them to collect it in FE7 for whatever reason? So they only used it in Roys game. Crazy old man.

Tripon

Biggest difference is the first two runs you do with the 3X bonus.

With a 20% bonus, you only can get 1500+ points vs the 2200+ points you can get for a 40% deathless run.

It's the difference between not having to use a stamina pot to get to 10k per day and using 2/3 stamina pots a day.

I was forced to run the last TT with 20% units and it was fine, what with the x3 everyday and other improvements over time. Won't be able to place high in overall rank but getting through the ladder of rewards? Not really a problem. I'll be 20% this time too.

Rutger

Banned
That's not cool, IS.

Oh well, at least it happened with something as minor as FE4, I'll be prepared when we return to FE6 and it starts with a banner of Dieke, Echidna, and Melady, and then the TT banner will have a ridiculous Rutger along with normal Roy, Fir, and Bartre with a sword.

Didn't pull Ayra sadly, but I got another B.Roy putting me at +2, another Ryoma for +1, two bad natures Lucina and a bad nature Eldigan(so maybe Aether and Fury is gonna be passed out).
Maybe I'll try again with TT orbs, but probably not. I can't be too mad at making my two best sword units better.

xequalsy

I skipped the Echoes banners, so I had to grind that TT with only a 20% unit. It's ok, just means you have to use a couple more potions to keep up.

Wichu

Biggest difference is the first two runs you do with the 3X bonus.

With a 20% bonus, you only can get 1500+ points vs the 2200+ points you can get for a 40% deathless run.

It's the difference between not having to use a stamina pot to get to 10k per day and using 2/3 stamina pots a day.

I got all the rewards last time with a 20% bonus without using stamina potions. You don't need 10K per day; more like 7-8K which is easily manageable.

NSESN

Thanks. I'm just finishing up my Flier Emblem team. I guess I'm putting Goad instead of Hone on everyone, because I constantly draw Pallas, and have only pulled Hinoka once ever.

Is either one considered better, necessarily (hone vs goad)?

Hone is better for blade mages. But goad can't be countered by Panic Ploy, Mulagir, Beorc Blessing and Divine Naga.

StAidan

Thanks. I'm just finishing up my Flier Emblem team. I guess I'm putting Goad instead of Hone on everyone, because I constantly draw Pallas, and have only pulled Hinoka once ever.

Is either one considered better, necessarily (hone vs goad)?

Personally I run 2 Goads and a Hone on my flier emblem team. The goads often are the difference between life and death when it comes to beating tier 20 teams, surviving chain challenges, or running infernal difficulties.

EDIT: I'll also mention my fourth buff is a Fortify, with my team containing two Blade-tome fliers the non-Goad buffs are still really important.

Well, the team in question is Cordelia, Elincia, Summer Corrin and Spring Camilla. No blade mages. So far the only one I have placed is Goad on Cordelia.

The moment you realize that you can plow through chain challenges with the same team you use for GHB.

Whole time I keep my nukes split in two separate teams when I can make one destroy all things team and a second team to just clean up....

Seems like my Ninian, Olivia, BLyn, Bridelia team has a lot of work to do clearing a ton of these chain challenges. And technically can start working on a 2nd super nuke team once Arvis is trained up. Can pair him up with either Julia, or Rein and grab a couple of the Performance dancers.

I have no absolutely no way to get more Orbs without paying, so I'm at the mercy of waiting. This upcoming Tempest Trial has given me the motivation to break my 5.25% pity rate on the Holy War banner.

I'm aiming for any of the Focus Heroes, so I'll be doing full circles if possible. Will have somewhere between 40-60 F2P Orbs before it goes down. What are my odds?

I have nothing to do in this game right now before next week. Wish me luck.

TWILT

Banned
People have spoken up about it, but I'm really not cool with how they handled Ayra either. Not really sure if I'm gonna pursue her or not even though I really wanted her (especially if there's gonna be a Halloween banner). I guess I'll see with the upcoming Tempest Trial (which I thankfully have a Sigurd for ayyy).

_Legacy_

I never managed to grind for 5* black Knight in the last TT, is it worth making my 4* a 5*? He looks much better than Zephiel.

I have two 4* Arvis also but he doesn't seem worth making a 5*, unless it's to be fed.

HoodWinked

Gold Member
Hmmm any way to do end Lunatic in one round with these units?

Or maybe it's time to invest in my 4* Horse Emblem

you need galeforce to beat it in one turn. since you would only get 4 attacks in one turn with any combination of offensive units and dancers. my one turn win used cordelia and nino but they needed specific buffs and specials so nino would double

Top Bottom