• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Emblem Heroes |OT| Mount Breeding Simulator

Cerium

Don't be too sour on him: with the buffs he'll get and his healer ring, he will be a very valuable asset for auto-battling your way through. Give him ardent sacrifice and he'll make a useful battling mage!
Even people with 40% units should run him for this TT.

I just did a YOLO pull on the new banner and got 5* Elidgan so I guess I'll be running him with my Horse Emblem.

redcrayon

It seems a bit odd for Tempest Trials to offer a free sword armour unit immediately after the last one gave an excellent sword armour unit.

Alkez

Not going to lie, I expected to log into the game and see a Halloween banner. Ayra banner is such a trap.

She's a high tier unit but not top because she's also still red and frail.

Since when was 31 defence frail lol?

Guys it's Ayra, not Arya (there has been too many misspell of her name in this thread)

Edited lol. Had to add Ayra to my autocorrect :/

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
qsQYEyt.jpg

A fair and balanced unit. +DEF for the lolz.

The stat line makes me want to go Fury 3, but can't let a perfectly good swift Sparrow go to waste. If she had Fury, she'd have as much defense as Hector and more defense than most units in the game. "Frail" maiden.

NSESN

Not going to lie, I expected to log into the game and see a Halloween banner. Ayra banner is such a trap.

Since when was 31 defence frail lol?

Edited lol. Had to add Ayra to my autocorrect :/
31 defense isn't bad but she still be murdered by blue mages and swordbreaker red mages.

Shito

The stat line makes me want to go Fury 3, but can't let a perfectly good swift Sparrow go to waste. If she had Fury, she'd have as much defense as Hector and more defense than most units in the game. "Frail" maiden.
Heh, that's why I decided to play it fair and not break the game by pulling a -def one! :p

One silver lining of the whole Ayra mess:

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblem...cerning_ayra_eldigan_and_effects_of_multiple/

I didn't know summons worked like that. Makes me dislike banners with 2 units on one color a lot less.

I got about the same result. At a focus rate of 0.03 with the current setup the probability that a red orb in a summon set is Ayra is about 0.0321031. If she were the sole red out of three in the banner, the chance that a red orb gets you Ayra is about 0.0331679. Not much of a difference in practical terms, it turns out.

NSESN

I got about the same result. At a focus rate of 0.03 with the current setup the probability that a red orb in a summon set is Ayra is about 0.0321031. If she were the sole red out of three in the banner, the chance that a red orb gets you Ayra is about 0.0331679. Not much of a difference in practical terms, it turns out.
The problem is pity breaking.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
You probably want to put screens into quotes as they show up as large.

And yeah speed ploy+fury is 100% the way i would build arvis.
Oh yeah, whoops.

He's a debuff machine and -ATK Deirdre just made me sad, so I offered her as a sacrifice.

I'm going to be promoting Arvis to 5* because he is the only 'speedy' red mage I have. The others are Sophia, Snacks And Lilian. I have a Tharja but she's -SPD,+RES.

The problem is pity breaking.
I just did a quick calculation during a spare moment at work and it doesn’t look like it significantly affects the probability of getting a pity breaker either. I’ll post my work later but right now it looks like on the Ayra banner at 0.03 pity rate the chance of a red being a pity breaker is 0.06844866. If she were the sole red out of three focus units on the banner the chance of a red being a pity breaker would be 0.068547.

The small effect stems from the relative rarity of any orb being a five star. The pity rate itself affects things but I haven’t had the chance to include that in yet.

NSESN

I just did a quick calculation during a spare moment at work and it doesn’t look like it significantly affects the probability of getting a pity breaker either. I’ll post my work later but right now it looks like on the Ayra banner at 0.03 pity rate the chance of a red being a pity breaker is 0.06844866. If she were the sole red out of three focus units on the banner the chance of a red being a pity breaker would be 0.068547.

The small effect stems from the relative rarity of any orb being a five star. The pity rate itself affects things but I haven’t had the chance to include that in yet.
Aren't you forgetting Eldigan pity brraking?

Wilsongt

Pulled Eldigan from the banner. Had a Lachesis earlier.

Time to support Eldigan x Lachesis for maximum FEcest.

IS could have gone maximum troll and added Delmund to the banner with Eldi and Ayra.

Aren't you forgetting Eldigan pity brraking?
Ok, my calculations were right but were for the wrong outcome we want here, I think. We really want the chance of getting a red that’s a pity breaker that is not Ayra, right? I’ll That’s more complicated. I’ll have to check it later but I think I see what you mean.

kewlmyc

Goddamn Sigud is right up there with Rein and BLyn in the "Annoying as fuck to deal with in arena" category. And the fact they can all buff each other makes it even worse.

Even my S.Corrin has trouble nuking him. I need a hard hitting lancer to kill him I guess.

Mupod

felt the urge to pull so made a halfassed attempt at Ayra/Eldigan with 13 orbs, came out of it with my third Eldigan. I already have a +SPD -ATK Eldigan+1, this new one is +HP -RES. The -ATK certainly isn't great but he gets +4 to speed with that boon which has been pretty useful, so I dunno if I want to merge the others into this new guy. Dammit, I was expecting to get Laslows, not hard choices.

And yeah, I put Sigurd on my defense team...I was at 6 wins last I checked.

OVDRobo

It took me way too long but I finally got around to taking down Infernal Arvis making for my second Infernal GHB completion after Berkut. The reward for completing Infernal GHB's is rarely worth the effort for me so I tend to skip them unless I really like the character though in this case I'd just ran out of meaningful things to do with my stamina rather than particularly liking Arvis.

It was a long and complicated process to discover what could get me through the near-endless waves of reinforcements but what it came down to was Hinoka, Sanaki and two dancers. Hinoka needed Desperation 3 and a Brave Lance+ to be able to defeat a string of blue enemies on around the third wave of reinforcements while one dancer had escape route and the other wings of mercy. I also had to orchestrate my movements so both dancers would get damaged but not killed when luring the cavalry out on the first turn, setting up the ability for both to warp around.

It was a strange strategy which took a lot of trial-and-error (around 2 stamina potions-worth) but I eventually found a way to position and dance my units just right to make it through, taking out every reinforcement in the process.

I know there's that easy strategy with Galeforce units to complete it in 1 turn but It was fun to figure it out with what I had and taking out all the enemies made it feel like more of an accomplishment. Hopefully our next GHB comes a bit sooner since they're the best content in the game by far.

Draxal

Yeah, those here that have me on my friends list know i'm running a whaled Sigurd right now.

Man, i'm seeing so many people getting fucked by Eldigan. It really sucks how they did this.

L95

Been rolling greens and reds and blue for literally anything on the FE4 banner, and I got a Hector and Brave Ike.... I have neither so that's really cool but what is going on. I also got 3 5* boeys (note this is all within 130ish orbs)

what is this, I'm not mad, just confused

kewlmyc

Yeah, those here that have me on my friends list know i'm running a whaled Sigurd right now.

Man, i'm seeing so many people getting fucked by Eldigan. It really sucks how they did this.

4 Eldigans compared to one 1 Ayra. Spent everything I had saved for Halloween.

The Ayra was -Atk,+Spd too. :/

My life for more sacred coins. Wish I had the attention span to last through Arena Assault without losing interest halfway through.
I'm kindve just sitting on my coins at the moment. I have 128. If I pull a Roderick at any point in the near future I want to give a spd + 3 to my +ATK Cordelia and toss her Firesweep.

Since I havent been pulling on blue though, I might just give up and upgrade attack +

Aesnath

My life for more sacred coins. Wish I had the attention span to last through Arena Assault without losing interest halfway through.

Yeah, AA seems like it could be a neat challenge, but it just ends up feeling like a chore. Lately, I just make sure I got one full run in and then just autobattle three each day for feathers. The overall prevalence of meta units (even on lower levels) is just...exhausting. Like trying to outmaneuver the standard horsey emblem can be an interesting puzzle some of the time with your best team, but it loses all semblance of enjoyment when you are on your 4th tier team and see it for the 4th time.

I'm just going for participation points.

Draxal

4 Eldigans compared to one 1 Ayra. Spent everything I had saved for Halloween.

The Ayra was -Atk,+Spd too. :/

Ouch my sympathies, I got up to three Eldigans myself before pulling an Ayra.

There's some amazing fan art of the Eldigan trolling this stuff. Some of the shit is incredibly memetastic that i won't post it here.

PK Gaming

Not pulling Ayra out of principal. And a lack of orbs, but I assure I wouldn't do it even if I had a ton!

Ouch my sympathies, I got up to three Eldigans myself before pulling an Ayra.

There's some amazing fan art of the Eldigan trolling this stuff. Some of the shit is incredibly memetastic that i won't post it here.

Why not?

JdxUYha.jpg

Huss always delivers, pepe aside.

A.J.

Banned
I think all the new FE4 characters hate me. I tried to pull for Sigurd a few days ago with 50 orbs. I ended up with Sanaki and Luke.

kswiston

The RNG gods favored me today. Pulled 3 reds on the TT Focus banner, and got Ayra on the second. I am not sure why I pulled the third time, but I got a 4star Hinata, so it wasn't a complete waste!

My Ayra is +spd/-res too. Looking forward to playing the OP version of her in the trials!

kewlmyc

Not pulling Ayra out of principal. And a lack of orbs, but I assure I wouldn't do it even if I had a ton!

I wanted to out of principal too, but the great art and the fact that it's a fantastic character helps out (the spd queen).

Though, now I'm starting to think I should have just gotten another Sigurd since he's BLyn and Rein levels of busted once you slap a Distant Defense +3 badge on him. Have one, but -Atk,+spd again. I guess him having absurd defenses is his major draw, so having lower than usual Atk shouldn't be bad.

Draxal

Ayra and Sigurd got great art/vas (English and Japan)/and are incredibly strong units.

I don't think Deirdre is as strong but she got both great art/vas (English and Japanese) so as a Genealogy Fanboy i'm stoked.

Shito

I'm not well versed in Internet memes: what's the problem with this one?

And if we don't get an Halloween banner or if the units on it are bad, I don't know what would be the best use of my orbs: trying to get Shigure, the last dancer I'm missing, or going for Sigurd? I already got an Ayra.

Tripon

Pepe is a meme, the creator had spoken against the current use of it by asshole far right groups, and it can still be used to what it was originally was for. Frelsbadman.jpg which is what pepe is being used for here.

A similar example is the difference between manji symbol and the Nazi symbol.

kewlmyc

Pepe isn't bad in and of itself. It's just that people took it and started using it with their own fucked up bullshit and philosophies. Can't fault the actual art when it wasn't created with ill intent in mind.

And that art PK posted clearly isn't being used to push the ill intent that Pepe has recently been identified with.

Shito

Pepe is a meme, the creator had spoken against the current use of it by asshole far right groups, and it can still be used to what it was originally was for. Frelsbadman.jpg which is what pepe is being used for here.

A similar example is the difference between manji symbol and the Nazi symbol.
Oh, thanks, I totally missed that!
Yeah, on one hand we shouldn't let those groups appropriate stuff like that, but on the other it's not always easy to make the distinction...

Top Bottom