• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fire Pro Wrestling World [OT] Fire Pro Wrestling Returns

Foffy

Banned
How do I do a corner-to-center attack? Trying to pull off the Kinshasa with Nakamura. Just stand in the corner with an opponent downed in the center and press B? It wasn't working.

You should be pressing the direction to the corner and B.

So if you're on the left side, it would be left + B with the opponent down in the center.

Any indication of how well this game has been selling so far?

According to Steamspy

Owners: 12,688 - 19,318

Not sure how those numbers work.

Hopefully the numbers pick up with the new Giant Bomb video. This seems pretty good though for being an early release niche wrestling title. I'd imagine once it's finished it will do more when sites start posting reviews and it also hits ps4. I bought it on pc to support the developers, but I think I will primarily play on ps4 when that version comes out. The pc version works really well for me though. It even has ps4 controller button prompts in game when you use a ps4 controller.

fleck0

Do you guys have a tutorial video you would recommend for the various controls?

So I got through the first few tutorials, but I know there is a lot more depth to be learned. Are there any good videos or tips articles to glean that stuff from?

Or a post in this thread somewhere?

I'd read the official manual you can access by right clicking on the game in your steam library. Afaik it doesn't leave out any controls, like the Stong X+A moves the tutorial leaves out.

Blizzard

Banned
I'd read the official manual you can access by right clicking on the game in your steam library. Afaik it doesn't leave out any controls, like the Stong X+A moves the tutorial leaves out.
The manual is pretty thorough, but I think I found at least one control not listed in it. I'd have to search the thread to see if I can find it though.

I got another whopping half hour in, working on my first created wrestler and maybe I'm missing something but I can't make seamless leg patterns because Calve options don't have any sort of continuation from the patterns for thighs even though some of them get cut off. Can't make a line all the way down the pant leg. I imagine I still have my old Returns save some where, maybe I should look at it and see what I did there or find a way around it with layers.

This is making me wish we have a logo maker or something for gear.

Hasney

They found some more arenas in the game data

Another US arena. NXT?

9AVI4Ps.jpg

Mexico

3d4bjSx.jpg

Tokyo Dome

AHuzwOj.jpg

Jamie OD

They found some more arenas in the game data

Not bad. Trying to think up what other known unique venues they can cook up. ECW Arena, Hammerstein Ballroom and PWG's Reseda venue are the obvious American choices. The Lucha Underground Temple would be cool too. For Japan I would love to see KBS Hall in Kyoto for the huge mosaic window in the background. Europe can be represented by the Electric Ballroom in London.

Edit: According to the guy who found the files on the Fire Pro Arena forums, each venue has its own preferences for match ratings.

"Each arena (including the 3 in the game so far) has it's own fans, who prefer different ratios of the things that are mentioned in Senator's How To: 100% match thread.

I don't know exactly what each style likes more of or less of at this point, only that they have different tastes..."

Kane1345

Does anyone know if there's anything in the CPU logic section that dictates how much your created wrestler breathes? He currently gets gassed too easily for my liking.

Slizz

I had a 1 minute 23 second win by count-out online and got a 68%.... Then there was someone here with a 45 minute New Jack Sandman epic that was 55% :lol

ECW bias/hate apparently. I don't think I've ever gotten higher than 86% with Sabu ever. Even though I'm putting on 95%+ matches I feel.

Hasney

I had a 1 minute 23 second win by count-out online and got a 68%.... Then there was someone here with a 45 minute New Jack Sandman epic that was 55% :lol

ECW bias/hate apparently. I don't think I've ever gotten higher than 86% with Sabu ever. Even though I'm putting on 95%+ matches I feel.

Rename him to Okada and see if he gets 100%'s.

Does anyone know if there's anything in the CPU logic section that dictates how much your created wrestler breathes? He currently gets gassed too easily for my liking.

I think it's one of the weirdly named ones like 'Dedication' or 'Commitment', something like that.

First time I've played anything in this series. I'm slowly learning and am having a hell of a time with it. Probably the most fun I've had with a wrestling game since Here Comes The Pain or one of the early SvRs. I'm blown away by the how different certain styles are and how natural sequences can be. Seriously, I was playing as Minoru Suzuki and the transitions he can do from a double leg are so damn cool.

Making sure I make a complete NJPW roster, with a few choice additions. Only problem right now is it is a little hard to find truly great CAWs as the cream has not risen to the top do to how early it is. Soon though, I'll find the perfect Okada.

Du2andal

Banned
Question for FP vets. Is there a generally accepted skill point range for average characters? I downloaded a bunch of CAWs that have wildly different point allocations and I wanted to start messing around with Management of the World but it seems like it would be a slaughter for some characters. Should average characters be at 120 to start? 180? Something else entirely? Just trying to figure out a standard range before setting all of this up.

Ryce

Question for FP vets. Is there a generally accepted skill point range for average characters? I downloaded a bunch of CAWs that have wildly different point allocations and I wanted to start messing around with Management of the World but it seems like it would be a slaughter for some characters. Should average characters be at 120 to start? 180? Something else entirely? Just trying to figure out a standard range before setting all of this up.
You can see the default Fire Pro Returns skill point allotments here.

"Discretion" is what it's called.

Does the letter grade for move compatibility determine how much damage it causes?
It's supposed to determine how much breath is used, but I think it might affect how likely a reversal is as well. I have one move, a medium attack Frankensteiner that gets reversed more often than not. I think this is one of my few moves with a low compatability.

Slizz

They changed the way you can search for fights now online. Give you the option of 180 pt max or 250 pt max now.

EDIT: It happened, online, cement match. I also recorded it.

wBdWHgB.jpg

Error1355

How exactly do Leagues work? Everyone fights everyone and then it seeds as a tournament after that?

Before I sink a ton of time into it I sorta wanna know how it works first. =P

This is my fire Fire Pro game. >_>

How do you rename downloaded Wrestlers? Got a bunch with Japanese Characters I'd love to rename in English.
Change can't be made to anything downloaded. It's done this way so that creators can update their edits and have all of the changes be automatically applied for anyone who subscribed.

However, what can be done is copying an edit and then making whatever changes to that. To do so, create a new edit and use the desired download as a base.

Santar

One thing I would love for them to add is intetruptions (at least I think that's what it's called?)
Like in the AKI games where a wrestler could suddenly run in and join the match on either side.
They could even make it so a babyface might help the babyface in the ring and vice versa. Maybe it could take stables and promotions into account too.
Would be a great addition that would make the matches be a little more dynamic and unpredictable. You never quite know what's going to happen.

ElRenoRaven

Change can't be made to anything downloaded. It's done this way so that creators can update their edits and have all of the changes be automatically applied for anyone who subscribed.

However, what can be done is copying an edit and then making whatever changes to that. To do so, create a new edit and use the desired download as a base.

Yup. Just create a new wrestler then copy the CAW. That's what I've had to do to a couple which were great but all in Japanese.

FrankCanada97

Roughly the size of a baaaaaarge
As far as I know match interruptions isn't a feature in any of the Fire Pro games unfortunately.

If they were to add something like that, they would have include options for basic storytelling. Something like whether someone is feuding with another wrestler. It would be nice to tie it into to title belt fights. As far as I can tell, labelling a wrestler as a face or heel is just flavour text right now.

hamsjams

I let the game sit on the splash screen for awhile and it went into I guess an attract mode where it plays a randomly assembled match. Yesterday the attract mode spat out Will Ospreay vs. Lou Thesz in a Barbed Wire Deathmatch. Fire Pro for booker of the year?

hamsjams

I set up a tournament and set it as a Title Match which I thought would make the tournament for the title. The game didn't award the title to the winner, though. It didn't do anything but the "Tournament Victory" fanfare.

Is it not possible to award titles via tournament right now? Did I encounter a glitch or make a mistake?

hamsjams

Also, something is definitely not right with the bleeding. Ax split Arn Anderson open with the very first punch of the match at 3 seconds in. Everyone definitely bleeds way too quickly.

Blizzard

Banned
Also, something is definitely not right with the bleeding. Ax split Arn Anderson open with the very first punch of the match at 3 seconds in. Everyone definitely bleeds way too quickly.
This certainly wasn't true in the bleed mission. It took decades of kung fu strikes to get any blood at all. Stomping on someone's head just doesn't cut it.

hamsjams

This certainly wasn't true in the bleed mission. It took decades of kung fu strikes to get any blood at all. Stomping on someone's head just doesn't cut it.

Should have gone for the biting instead. One or two times would have probably done it. It did for me, at least.

I'm trying to edit Mil Muertes' finisher to a Flatliner (which I believe is a Reverse STO) but I can't find it in the move list. Any help would be appreicated.

Slizz

Got a draw online in a cement match. Guy spent from the 6 minute mark to the 14 minute mark getting counted out then climbing up the ring and back down. Incredible, I asked why? "So you didn't win". Sigh.... Then on top of that my last 3 victories have been count-outs with people giving up mid fight, then complaining about lag in the chat.... The regular input lag...

Nobody cares to try and get the timing up. Me and Santar had some matches and the first 2 went terribly for me because I couldn't get the timing down. 3rd match I got it down but he used an OP Bane against Naito to beat me :p. But at least I attempted, then eventually I got the timing down.

Top Bottom