• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firefox and CRAWLING scrolling speeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I recently reformated my computer and rebuilt my software landscape from scratch. Firefox is my browser of choice (should do much to keep my system cleaner than IE did.)

But, since the reformat, I'm experiencing an odd problem with FF, and I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it already. Whether I scroll down a page with the mouse scroll wheel or my kb's arrow keys, in INCHES down a freakin' millimeter at a time. It's quite annoying. Any ideas?

At first I had extensions, but this FF reinstall is completely without them. Thanks in advance.

Raxel

Have you tried adjusting the scroll speed in mouse properties (control panel)? This happened to me during an XP install, when I changed the keyboard from US to UK. It could be a driver issue.

Mejilan

Alright folks, under the advanced tabs of the firefox options page, do NOT enable smooth scrolling. It does nothing but bad. ;p

pestul

Mejilan said:
Alright folks, under the advanced tabs of the firefox options page, do NOT enable smooth scrolling. It does nothing but bad. ;p
I just tried enabling it.. works fine here (ie. same speed as w/o)??

Memles

Mejilan said:

I know that, with my keyboard, I have a problem with the "Repeat Key" setting going down to the minimum, so it affects that. But, if the scroll wheel has the same problem, don't know what to tell you.

Mejilan

Sorry if my last post was unclear, Memles, and thanks for the attempt, but it was either the autoscroll option, the smooth scrolling option, or BOTH, within Firefox itself that broke the scrolling. All fixed now.

Mashing

Go to Tools-Extension and download the SuperScroll extension... problem solved (as this was a major issue I had with Firefox as well, it has truely atrocious scrolling speed by default).

it still seems to have issues with middle mouse wheel scrolling (I like to click and drag down to scroll)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom