• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | March 2016 - This thread is badass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Cant move unless I hold RB in Hyper Light Drifter, I assume thats not intended (since the options say thats the "special" button)?

Fantastic art design otherwise

yeah it aint supposed to do that

RB throws something on the floor, which im not sure what is for yet

only complaint ive had with controls is that it has a very, very small deadzone and my left stick is a bit skewered towards the left so I end up facing the wrong way, which in combat can be crucial

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
yeah it aint supposed to do that

RB throws something on the floor, which im not sure what is for yet

only complaint ive had with controls is that it has a very, very small deadzone and my left stick is a bit skewered towards the left so I end up facing the wrong way, which in combat can be crucial

so wtf do I do lol >_>

Salsa

so wtf do I do lol >_>

ive read about controller issues but they only seem to be present in DS4?

you using an xbone controller? havent read issues with a 360 one

they're digital controls tho, I mean, you can use xpadder or some third party application till fix, which they've already aknowledged

Yes, but instead of Warframe it was Xbox Live, and instead of 2035 it was 2999.

Good luck, maybe their support will be helpful.

"[DE]Matt (WARFRAME Support)
Mar 31, 17:27

Hello SeriousSammy,

Thank you for contacting us. We temporarily restricted your account due to unauthorized access by an invalid third party. To ensure that your account is fully secure, we ask that you please do the following:

First, please make sure you run your antivirus and let it analyze your computer thoroughly.
Next, download and install MalwareBytes – a free adware removal tool which can scan your system more thoroughly for any adware, keyloggers, etc.
If either your antivirus or your MalwareBytes detects any suspicious software, we also strongly recommend that you change your e-mail password to ensure the security of your e-mail account.
Once those steps are done, then proceed with a Password Change by visiting this link: https://warframe.com/resetpasswordPlease create a unique password that uses a combination of words, numbers, and both upper- and lower-case letters
The suspension has been lifted from your account now and we have activated our new Two-Factor Authentication system on your account for added security. We apologize for the inconvenience this might have caused, but please understand we did this for the safety of your account. Be aware that the player who accessed your account invalidly would have knowledge of your Warframe password and if you had TFA active while your account was invaded, the invader would also have access to your Warframe e-mail account.

After performing the steps noted above, you may wish to take steps to secure any other online accounts you may have, by changing your password and/or activating any TFA protocols that they have available to you for security purposes.

Best regards,
Warframe Support Team.

[DE]Matt
"

Looks like Warframe's support team is fast and very much unlike Xbox Live support.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ive read about controller issues but they only seem to be present in DS4?

you using an xbone controller? havent read issues with a 360 one

they're digital controls tho, I mean, you can use xpadder or some third party application till fix, which they've already aknowledged

yeah 360 controller. The game actually defaults to...ps4 controller tho. And I do have DS4 windows from when I tried the PS4 controller once, but I dont think DS4 windows is even a "installed" thing, it just runs from the directory you un zip it to (at least I searched for it in the control panel -> uninstall a program to try and uninstall it and it doesnt show up)

Messiah

m18V7Cw.png

I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I think I'm going to go with cry.
Thanks to everyone who replied and tried to help out. I guess it's time to resign myself to my fate.
I feel for you. I wouldn't wish dealing with Steam's support upon my worst enemy. I would try to open another ticket and get another support representative to look at your case. You really have to be resillient with Valve until they give you real advice.

Valve really should get called out on their absolutely dreadful support more often.

zkylon

zkylewd
but that's the thing making least sense!
FF fans were raging about more mature FF for years, they got Spirits Within, no cutesy, no nonsense, just a good mature movie with deep roots into FF, as for example Gaia,
the planets being alive and semisentient
, it even had Cid! Yet, not only people fail to recognize it as a FF movie, it very much is, trust me on this, but they hated it. Shows very well that people really don't know what they want.
As for Advent Children, it is a horrid movie true, but action scenes are insane and fun and it's an eye candy to be sure, I had no problems with watching it, I was entertained enough, but it's no Spirits Within, it's hardly even a movie more like two hour long trailer to post FF7 world.

getting back to steam business, no FF9 on steam for this event either. So what SE is waiting for exactly?

yeah i can't debate on if "spirits withing" was a true final fantasy thing or not, i was like 8 at the time (let's not dig deep into that number), but at the time for me final fantasy was like ff7 and cloud and sephiroth and anime and spirits within wasn't it

i remember not hating it but just feeling like dude this shit isn't nearly anime enough

advent children tho, i hated it back then, it was like OMG I WAS SO WRONG and hating every second of it

nope, not a drop of fun for me

Salsa

yeah 360 controller. The game actually defaults to...ps4 controller tho. And I do have DS4 windows from when I tried the PS4 controller once, but I dont think DS4 windows is even a "installed" thing, it just runs from the directory you un zip it to (at least I searched for it in the control panel -> uninstall a program to try and uninstall it and it doesnt show up)

i'd try to get rid of that DS4 driver if possible, bet that's it

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks like Warframe's support team is fast and very much unlike Xbox Live support.

Excellent news - that was fast! If I got correspondence from Microsoft like that, I would have gone right out and bought an Xbox One.

Instead it's been nearly three months since I filed my formal complaint with their legal department, and I've not heard anything back from this. This means next week I'm eligible to file a formal grievance, but the kicker is that it will cost me $200 (which will supposedly be reimbursed). This puts me firmly in the realm of "fuck it, I'll just continue never buying Microsoft related gaming-things", a stance that hasn't changed since this first happened almost 8 years ago.

Jawmuncher

Excellent news - that was fast! If I got correspondence from Microsoft like that, I would have gone right out and bought an Xbox One.

Instead it's been nearly three months since I filed my formal complaint with their legal department, and I've not heard anything back from this. This means next week I'm eligible to file a formal grievance, but the kicker is that it will cost me $200 (which will supposedly be reimbursed). This puts me firmly in the realm of "fuck it, I'll just continue never buying Microsoft related gaming-things", a stance that hasn't changed since this first happened almost 8 years ago.

Please Jshacks do it! Would be the best thread ever for Neogaf.

Lain

I feel for you. I wouldn't wish dealing with Steam's support upon my worst enemy. I would try to open another ticket and get another support representative to look at your case. You really have to be resillient with Valve until they give you real advice.

Valve really should get called out on their absolutely dreadful support more often.

Even if they got called out more often, which should still happen, I'm not sure things would get fixed. Unless they're hit in their bottom-line, nothing will change and improve.

Endruen

Good luck guys, I hope you're as excited as I am for Dark Souls III!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Endruen, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

DARK SOULS III Deluxe Edition -- MB-3C97D85B97DD1CBE - Taken by Luap. 157 entrants total.

t1459547230z1.png

Armageddon

Neo Member
How likely is it that there are some kind of money bonus/malus going on for people working at Steam support? The less time per ticket, the more tickets closed (even with low quality answers), which would result in more money at the end of the month. Plus maybe if one unbans too many accounts per month, this would trigger a meeting with the support boss.

I don't really know anything about Valve's support infastructure, but the two IT Help Desk jobs I had did nothing like this. Of course, they were on a far smaller scale than anything like Steam so that probably doesn't mean much. Also, I'm not sure the support techs can even do the unbanning. They'll report it to you for sure if it happens, but I think one of the devs or someone of similar power has to look into it. The support techs would have to get that process started though, hence what I was asking for in my ticket.

I would try again later on to try and get a different service rep..

Not a bad idea, since I don't really have anything to lose. At worse they'd probably just ignore any further tickets on the subject. But, I wonder what my chances of getting a different support tech are?
I can see it now, open a new ticket and the next day get a response of "We have provided all the available information and will be unable to assist you further with this issue." The cherry on top would be if it was from Sierra again.

zkylon

zkylewd
man i'm dying so much for dks3

ppl had to remind me my birthday is next week cos all i could think of was like 12 more days to dark souls lol

Salsa

man i'm dying so much for dks3

ppl had to remind me my birthday is next week cos all i could think of was like 12 more days to dark souls lol

get hyper light drifter

it's the dark souls of zelda

doesnt explain shit, combat is hard as fuck

Rhaknar

Hyper Light Drifter seems completely legit from the 45 minutes I played.

Knurek

A platform that allows games and apps purchased to run on any device you own. A single profile for all your games and apps, with cloud syncing (not just saving, they also allow you to save state in the cloud and resume in another device). A modern platform that understands that not only you can change the experience through devices but the devices themselves may change and allow a developer to easily create an application that adapts to this scenario (instead of trying to force a single UI to every case). A platform that has tools that allows pretty much anything developed ever to be ported to it, and tools that allows you to port your uwp applications to many other platforms as well. A single certification process to publish in many platforms (which is great for developers), cross buy (which is great for consumers).

Boy, Microsoft sure pays those astroturfers well...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom