• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firewalk Studios is reportedly ignoring Concord criticism

Draugoth

Gold Member
Source of the claims is Grummz, so take this as a big ass rumor:

Sources tell me internal emails show the Concord team is shrugging off the criticism of their characters as "white noise," and dismissing it. Very much in their own bubble.

On another note, some websites jumped in to defend the game:

GPUeIU7aAAEMiCH

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
That's the first time I heard "white noise." Lol I generally stay out of this woke war but that's pretty funny... even though it's that attitude which will ultimately close their studio. I'll shrug off their crocodile tears afterwards.

Last edited:

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
They should ignore it if the game is good

Let the beta speak for itself
I think you're missing the point that when competing in a crowded gaas space, it cannot just be good... it has to be better. All things equal, people will stay in the ecosystem they're already invested in. Unless you're novel enough, or better. Marvel and Overwatch's sloppy seconds is what this looks like.... isn't gonna do it.

Honestly, ignoring your audience is a death sentence. I really don’t get it. You have to give your audience what they want, not what you want them to want.
pretty easy to ignore an audience who never played the game and only watched a 5 min trailer

also, this game could be the biggest woke piece of trash, but if the gameplay is fire, the game will be a success. Such a small loud minority actually gives a shit about culture war crap

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
This game's development is waaaaaaaay beyond heavy course correction so it's not like they have a choice.

But even then, going "fuck that noise" is not the smartest move.

Laptop1991

yeah because ignoring so many dislikes always works well in the long run, it's just deja vu at this point for games and movies/tv shows.

That's the first time I heard "white noise." Lol I generally stay out of this woke war but that's pretty funny... even though it's that attitude which will ultimately close their studio. I'll shrug off their crocodile tears afterwards.

It's not a woke or anti-woke term actually, it just means any kind of generic, unidentifiable background noise. Like people will often buy a 'white noise' machine to help them fall asleep if they have trouble sleeping when it's too quiet.

In this particular scenario it ends up having a double meaning that probably wasn't intended. Or maybe was, looking at the studio.

I think you're missing the point that when competing in a crowded gaas space, it cannot just be good... it has to be better. All things equal, people will stay in the ecosystem they're already invested in. Unless you're novel enough, or better. Marvel and Overwatch's sloppy seconds is what this looks like.... isn't gonna do it.

Not really. This space is completely unpredictable imho.

Even being good isn’t sufficient for success, and being bad isn’t a death sentence either.

Its leaked on the ausie psn store Concord has the same price as HD2. I also googled Lawbreakers at launch and it was a 30$ mp only game that came out before the free to play gaas golden age and still failed.

We might have a Brink level bomba on our hands. Ah well, will thoroughly enjoy the free beta weekend regardless.

Last edited:
They have no choice at this point. What are they going to do? Reverse course? On what exactly? They've spent years on this, the game is done. Have to see it through now.
You're right of course, too late now. But maybe that's a moment of realization to Sony and other publishers to announce things earlier and be more transparent with what's being made. Only way to course correct if the feedback is captured early enough. But no, they keep shit more secret than military nuclear codes and then are surprised when the announcement is not what their clients want...

Top Bottom