• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Firewalk Studios is reportedly ignoring Concord criticism

Ignoring criticism is always the right way to go

Manny Montana Nbc GIF by Good Girls

What are they going to do, redesign the whole game?

Plenty of examples of success products with internet backlash preceding them

Hugare

People are going crazy because of the pronouns thing, right?

'Cause otherwise, the cast is just like any other 5x5 GAAS game that I can think of

Edit: the tweet from the designer is 4 years old. People really are grasping at straws here.

Btw, Grummz is an idiot. He tries way too much to be relevant. Just look at his tweets.

Last edited:
I mean, it could turn out like Helldivers 2 and be a success, right? But then it could look like Fornight mixed with Guardians of the Galaxy and tail off really quickly.

I don't see an appealing experience here, though I appreciate what they've tried to do. I think FairGame$ is going to be a pretty boring game too. I don't see anything exciting there at all.

semiconscious

Gold Member
yep, Rocksteady and WB also ignored the criticism of suicide squad, look what good it did to them đź‘Ś

"Bold strategy..."
so we've gone from the saints row / gotham knights '2 wrongs don't make a right' show to the suicide squad / concord '2 wrongs don't make a right' show? all in a matter of just 3/4 years? smh...

Last edited:

Killjoy-NL

Either that or delay it in order to revamp it.

But yes, preferably just cancel it. It's a waste of time and money at this point, it's going to be dead from the day it arrives.
No way that's going to happen with a august release.

I'm going to wait til after the beta. I think there's a lot of knee-jerking to the Wokeness.

Here's the thing, AAA game development is too long and too expensive to course correct at this point. The game is what the game is. Trying to fix it's core gameplay would basically mean delaying the game for years and that's just not possible. This is just like those people who thought the 1 year or 6 month Suicide Squad delays would result in massive changes in gameplay. It's just not possible in AAA gaming to respond to criticism that quickly.

My point is, even if the Concord team wanted to take some of the criticism into consideration and change major gameplay elements, they're not able to at this point in development.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
It's not a woke or anti-woke term actually, it just means any kind of generic, unidentifiable background noise. Like people will often buy a 'white noise' machine to help them fall asleep if they have trouble sleeping when it's too quiet.

In this particular scenario it ends up having a double meaning that probably wasn't intended. Or maybe was, looking at the studio.
Lol I know what white noise is... I was thinking it was a pejorative. Haha

Killjoy-NL

The wokeness is just the icing on this generic looking soulless project.
Maybe. Can't say I'm particularly fond of the art direction.

But seeing how people are starting to compare it to Destiny, is kind of a good thing.
Destiny gunplay outstanding.

If they nail it and it becomes like an OW with Destiny gunplay/combat, they might be on to something.

Just saying.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I know some people want to just instigate drama when it comes to this game, and for the record, I could give two shits about it myself. But to be just stirring up stuff just because it's a Hot topic or it's cool to pass the game or because even want to create a stigma around it, it's not cool. It's annoying. If you don't care about the game just ignore it. Heaven forbid they don't fix everything everybody wants because they're making the game they want to make and maybe based on feedback internally, make some changes. Some stuff isn't bad but there is a point now and especially with this game, where there is a little bit too much of a negative stigma without even seeing it and experiencing it. Some things just aren't for you all together. Learn to cope with that.

graywolf323

What sources, its like Grummz got a small taste of fame and he lost his mind. Now he's reaching like a psycho on every subject.
he’s gotta keep that engagement up for the money that started rolling in

also sheesh the backlash to this is just ridiculous, yeah the woke stuff is insufferable but there’s legit people calling for this game to be scrapped not even 3 months from release without anyone having played it yet, maybe wait until the beta to go all apocalyptic? but of course it’s two sides to the same coin & a lot of the “anti-woke” crowd are just as over the top & insufferable as the rainbow hair brigade 🙄

Last edited:

tmlDan

he’s gotta keep that engagement up for the money that started rolling in

also sheesh the backlash to this is just ridiculous, yeah the woke stuff is insufferable but there’s legit people calling for this game to be scrapped not even 3 months from release without anyone having played it yet, maybe wait until the beta to got all apocalyptic? but of course it’s two sides to the same coin & a lot of the “anti-woke” crowd are just as over the top & insufferable as the rainbow hair brigade 🙄
I was actually on board with some of the early stuff he got popular for, he complained about legitimate issues, but now he's off the rails on everything. It's actually sad, i can't take him seriously anymore.

Last edited:

NickFire

Why would any morally superior person who recognizes the innate gender fluidity in robots ever change course to avoid a disaster?

“In other words, Concord doesn't appear to be a "shooter MOBA" in the Overwatch style, with its prolonged group fights, strict role adherence, and linear maps. We should expect something closer to Call of Duty or Destiny's Crucible—a mix of traditional FPS modes both casual and competitive. This is a core reason Concord has my attention. Firewalk seemingly understands that there's no more room for battle royales, extraction shooters, or Overwatch clones (we'll see how Marvel Rivals works out), but there is an opening for arena shooters to make a minor comeback. ”

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Because Concord looks great

PC Gamer agrees

Author of that article:
Morgan has been writing for PC Gamer since 2018, first as a freelancer and currently as a staff writer. He has also appeared on Polygon, Kotaku, Fanbyte, and PCGamesN.
This dude is like Thanos collecting Infinity Stones, except he's collecting credits from the worst videogame sites in 2024

tmlDan

“In other words, Concord doesn't appear to be a "shooter MOBA" in the Overwatch style, with its prolonged group fights, strict role adherence, and linear maps. We should expect something closer to Call of Duty or Destiny's Crucible—a mix of traditional FPS modes both casual and competitive. This is a core reason Concord has my attention. Firewalk seemingly understands that there's no more room for battle royales, extraction shooters, or Overwatch clones (we'll see how Marvel Rivals works out), but there is an opening for arena shooters to make a minor comeback. ”

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers
Has there been a hero shooter that has traditional arena shooter game modes? Maybe the closest is destiny and its three classes but i can't think of any.

Honestly, with hero shooters you can also add fun game modes like OW does that would ultimately fail in traditional arena shooters like COD/Halo/xDefiant

LordOfChaos

Didn't look very original or appealing to me, but I can respect sticking to your vision and ignoring noise to deliver the product you want

Top Bottom