• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Halo Infinite image leaked

GHG

Well the image itself is not exactly "new" because it first surfaced last year but it seems that we now have confirmation that it is in fact from the game:

Image in question:

mQlalDo.jpg

Specifically, the HUD matches the screenshot. Thanks to dany and Kittyrules for finding the connection and cropping out the video

Note that all of this footage is almost certainly a year old at this point, given how previous footage has been uploaded, amidst other known factors. It is extremely likely that these were all placeholder assets, and at this point (a year later) are being replaced.

Last edited:

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Grapple hook? Ew.... just ew....

I'll give it a chance before holding final judgement... but 343i has been nothing but derivate of other games. Grapple hook, with same button mapping as Titanfall from the looks of it. In Halo? Yeah... just sounds like a no please.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
This is why leaked screenshots should never, EVER make it into our eyeballs.

This looks like an original X-Box game, that is, NOTHING like the final product is going to look like.

There isn’t even any blending on the terrain, regardless of blend mode used or asset quality.

But I would bet my third nipple that somebody out there has currently got a massive stonk on because he/she/they/potato thinks this is what the SX will look like 🤣

Last edited:

Naked Lunch

This is why leaked screenshots should never, EVER make it into our eyeballs.

This looks like an original X-Box game, that is, NOTHING like the final product is going to look like.
Bro - anyone with a brain knows that is a work in progress place holder level.
The point of the leaked screen is to show the equipment selection - which isnt much but it could be interesting.
Im down for some Lost Planet style grapple hook action.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Grinchy

Banned
If we can have 8 threads about Godfall looking last gen based on 7 seconds of old, low-res, grainy footage, I'll just enjoy all the shit that this weird and non-contextual picture will bring.

We need someone to photoshop wall guy in there.

Last edited:

CuNi

I'm all in for those looks!
I mean we all know the game will be sold as a Service, so I'm looking forward to dropping some money to unlock Advanced Textures and Game-Models!!
Finally playing games as they were intended to be played!

Banned
I am not sure if people are joking or actually arguing over the fidelity of the graphics based on what is clearly a test environment map to test collision etc. of an unfinished game...

the grapple hook is interesting. I wonder if these are pickups like the bubble shield and jump pad in Halo 3 or if these are just now a normal movement option everyone has.

Last edited:
Top Bottom