• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Halo Infinite image leaked

manfestival

Still got nothing on H2's sniper

2015121112003844.jpg
is that a screenshot from halo infinite?

Banned
360 version??? 🤔🤔🤔

Doesn't look like anything worth "leaking"

it shows a grappling hook icon... that's the focus of this leak.

the environment shown and the assets are clearly only for testing purposes. an empty map with some curves and different angles to test collision and movement.

but the grappling hook is the actually interesting part

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
it shows a grappling hook icon... that's the focus of this leak.

the environment shown and the assets are clearly only for testing purposes. an empty map with some curves and different angles to test collision and movement.

but the grappling hook is the actually interesting part

If there's a grapple, thats definitely not bringing halo back to what made it great.

Banned
If there's a grapple, thats definitely not bringing halo back to what made it great.

the core of halo is the sandbox and the 3 main attack mechanics
the term sandbox here refers to all the tools you find in a level/multiplayer map.
and the main mechanics are Melee, Gun and Grenades

halo had tools like this before in Halo 3, where you pick up a bubble shield and throw it out to activate it... or a flash bomb... or even a gravity lift.

so I think if the grappling hook is a pickup item that you can find in some maps and in some campaign scnearios it's absolutely fine.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
the core of halo is the sandbox and the 3 main attack mechanics
the term sandbox here refers to all the tools you find in a level/multiplayer map.
and the main mechanics are Melee, Gun and Grenades

halo had tools like this before in Halo 3, where you pick up a bubble shield and throw it out to activate it... or a flash bomb... or even a gravity lift.

so I think if the grappling hook is a pickup item that you can find in some maps and in some campaign scnearios it's absolutely fine.

Even as a pick up, im not interested in that bs. They want to get inventive and all that? Make another game.

-Arcadia-

Banned
Grapple hook? What the fuck are they planning to turn this into?

It would be kind of interesting if this was akin to an open world adventure with heightened emphasis on exploration and interaction with the world.

I don’t know that it would be right for Halo, but I’m not necessarily against it. I think they need more than just a return to the quality of the Bungie days, and some Big New Ideas, executed well, and fitting into the series properly, might just help Halo Infinite make a big splash all it’s own.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
You know, an open world Halo single player game where locations and areas were locked off until you got upgrades of sorts.... that would be pretty damn amazing.

You can tell with halo 4 there was a LOT of Metroid in there. But this would seem like the next logical step to a next gen Halo.

Sadly, with Halo, they are damned if they do, damned if they don’t. If they make changes and make it look amazing people will say it’s not Halo. If they don’t change anything and keep it all the same, people will moan it’s the same old thing...

I really do feel for 343 at times.

Banned
Power of Xbox on full display.

Fuckin embarrassing.

see, I really don't know if you guys are for real... I really can't tell if people ACTUALLY think this screenshot is representative when it clearly is made on a test map with some random ass textures thrown onto a basic ground shape to test stuff on... I really hope everyone with similar comments is joking.
the completely detail-less and solid colour background should be indication enough I though

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
see, I really don't know if you guys are for real... I really can't tell if people ACTUALLY think this screenshot is representative when it clearly is made on a test map with some random ass textures thrown onto a basic ground shape to test stuff on... I really hope everyone with similar comments is joking.
the completely detail-less and solid colour background should be indication enough I though
There's probablt some scheisse posting going on.

Personally I'm looking forward to Halo Infinite.

Reactions: Isa

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
There is nothing that cannot be made better by grappling hooks.

I reeeeaally hope that sniper rifle isn't at all indicative of the model they're using. Ech.

Usually, development areas are not lit at all, and are fullbright, meaning one bright, even light over everything that’s unidirectional and doesn’t cast shadow.

It’s great for testing, but it plays holy hell with your surfaces, because specular components are wrong, and normals are none existent.

Im not saying that it’s doing that, but I am saying that this is clearly a development shot, and as such I wouldnt be looking at this thinking those materials are any indication of what it will look at. Look at the material definition in the Halo Infinite
Teaser, which had surface detail and texture definition better than anything out there right now, mainly because of the huge resolution bump. (Yes, even TLOU2 and UC4. For all their visual flair they are still limited to blurry lower resolution assets constrained by the hardware.... for now.)

Last edited:

Great Hair

Banned
Jun 14, 2018

343 Industries is looking for an experienced Online Experience Design Director to lead and join our Halo team. You will oversee and provide vision for multiple facets of design and its implementation. This includes: Progression in- and out-of-game; microtransactions and integration of our business plan throughout the game; and, finally, social and engagement features that encourage players to return again and again with their friends

Skeptical af.

After reading all the shit about this here and Twitter, Reddit and other less known forums, it really strikes me that Halo "fans" and concern trolls might actually be bigger whingers than their Pokemon counterparts.

VertigoOA

Banned
They’re just going to try and make it Halo: Breath of the Wild.

Sounds nice in theory but it needs to be a shooting gallery action game first and foremost.

Last edited:

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
I guess a lot of peeps here think it'll be open world. If executed right, it could be done. ODST played around with that and while I wasn't a big fan of the game, it had its moments.

But that was a city environment too. Maybe a giant open world Installation could be fun especially if there's, say, some ancient crypts with one or two holding some dangerous secret (weird Flood type that is new and doesn't follow the known rules for a Flood), etc.

Ah crap I just excited myself with that right now. Brb.

VertigoOA

Banned
I doubt anyone believes those grass textures (or lack there of) is from the actual game. Well, at least not the Series X build.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the One build looks worse than Halo 5 to be honest because of the presumed increased scope of the game. Halo 5 had extremely linear game design and the smallest, most narrow maps in any halo game ever so I’d expect One versions of Infinite to look worse mostly.

I keep forgetting I don’t need a series X to play this and I may not but depends on the teraflops vs PS5.

Yes, my decision for next gen is exclusively dependent on power, especially if Sony drops the ball and goes underpowered vs series X. Games? I have gamespass Holmes ... got that covered. I ain’t missing shit by continuing to avoid Naughty Dog’s by the numbers popcorn bullshit.

And even if Halo 6 somehow still manages to be shit like Halo 5, Bungie will still have us covered with their next major expansion and upgraded 4K 60 version of D2 (now featuring ray tracing) at launch.

I’m hyped for next gen. These consoles have finally showed their age to me over the last few months.

Last edited:

LMJ

Clearly a work in progress shot, just like those FF7 Remake leaked pics, both the XSEX and the OG XBONE can blow that away lol

Top Bottom