• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look at Timothée Chalamet in DUNE

I hope Has Zimmer's soundtrack is good. I am a fan of some of his material (Inception, Gladiator) but he's become the generic go-to epic movie composer and his work has been hit or miss lately.

I like some of Toto's contributions for Lynch's Dune but Brian Eno's lone track 'Prophecy' was the highlight with it's mystical other-worldliness.

Another favourite is the re-arrangement of the Amiga Dune game soundtrack released as Dune: Spice Opera.

manfestival

I am pretty sold on that trailer I saw before Tenet yesterday. The teaser trailer I guess since it said the real trailer comes out september 14... despite showing like 2 minutes of movie footage lol

Why do people create whole channels dedicated to one thing? Fandoms are the worse. Dune doesn’t need a fandom. The lore is not what makes Dune great, it’s the ideas and the prose.

There’s a reason why Brian Herbert and KJA’s Dune books suck dick. Cause they continued the lore without the ideas and the prose of the master.

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Why do people create whole channels dedicated to one thing? Fandoms are the worse. Dune doesn’t need a fandom. The lore is not what makes Dune great, it’s the ideas and the prose.

There’s a reason why Brian Herbert and KJA’s Dune books suck dick. Cause they continued the lore without the ideas and the prose of the master.
Captain kill joy over here...

SinDelta

This looks absolutely amazing. That Empire cover of a sandworm is insane.

And if it is somehow terrible we still have the 2000s miniseries.

Would have thought the big cliffhanger would be Paul and Jessica escaping into the desert, but judging by released screenshots we actually get quite a bit of time with the fremen. Wonder where they will actually end...

Last edited:

mortal

Gold Member
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
And I will permit it to pass over me.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
And I will permit it to pass over me.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain.

Can't wait to see what it's like tomorrow.

Top Bottom