• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For The First Time EVER the Infamous Sony 2006 E3 Press Conference is now available in crystal clear 1080p quality

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
Remember watching this on a small window with a shitty stream that would lag all the time. Got furious when the MGS4 trailer rolled and the stream lagged.

Good times.

Denton

I tried to watch but it was so boring, thank god for today's MS conference where there is almost no meaningless marketing talk and just games are showcased.

Too bad all the other conferences sucked though.

Still, cool to see it preserved in high quality.

daclynk

E3 Remastered
Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
Don't care what anyone says, arrogant Sony is the best Sony.

They weren't afraid to try anything and even when it was completely outlandish, their reasoning was, "Because we're Sony and we can do whatever the fuck we want."

They invested in tons of different kinds of experiences; inFAMOUS, Killzone 2/3, Resistance, Little Big Planet, Uncharted, that failed Smash clone, Twisted Metal, and more.

When devs bitched about the Cell being too esoteric and complicated, Sony went, "Git gud, scrubs."

Modern Sony is a one-trick pony and has been taken over by woke westerners.

Last edited:

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Don't care what anyone says, arrogant Sony is the best Sony.

They weren't afraid to try anything and even when it was completely outlandish, their reasoning was, "Because we're Sony and we can do whatever the fuck we want."

They invested in tons of different kinds of experiences; inFAMOUS, Killzone 2/3, Resistance, Little Big Planet, Uncharted, that failed Smash clone, Twisted Metal, and more.

When devs bitched about the Cell being too esoteric and complicated, Sony went, "Git gud, scrubs."

Modern Sony is a one-trick pony and has been taken over by woke westerners.

They did this even more so while dominating during the PS1/PS2 era.

Arrogant Sony is awful.

Modern Sony just plays it super safe now because the AAA industry can’t afford to take risks anymore.

RagnarokIV

Is there a way I can download this for personal archival? Do they have an upload somewhere? Ideally I don't want to download with a crappy YouTube downloader that kills quality.

Drizzlehell

Banned
You know, there was actually something so quaint about this preso. Especially the "giant enemy crab" dude, who just was awkward as fuck and the gameplay showcase was so pedestrian that it feels like when I'm actually staring blankly into the screen while playing a game. With shows like Summer Game Fest or TGAs, everything is so hyped up, commercialized and fake that I can't help but to feel cynical about all of it, but a totally inept 2006 preso that was so genuine in its awkwardness... I dunno, I kinda appreciate that, lol.

nial

Gold Member
lol, most boring sony lineup ever
woke westerners? are we talking about jim "bigot" ryan?

Chittagong

Gold Member
I had forgotten that they opened with that super long, boring ass, terrible looking Gran Turismo
demo. Everyone was hyped for some Killzone or Motorstorm insane action and got an upres PS2 game. That set the tone for the rest of the conference

simpatico

Rumor has it a small team comprised on Naughty Dog and Santa Monica coding vets are still working on the Cell. Deep underground in a sealed bunker. Last time my mole came back with an update, they were able to emulate two PS5s in parallel with enough overhead to run a 4k Blu Ray in the background. When people tell you The Cell is dead, they're dead wrong. It IS gonna come back and prove everyone wrong.

Top Bottom