• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forspoken or Hi-Fi Rush?

Forspoken or Hi-Fi Rush

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
The f-bombs in Forspoken seem out of place. But I guess since the protagonist is black and "urban", they needed her to be believable. Believable in a game about magical bangles in a fantasy world.

Not gonna lie, if I had a magic doodad that gave me magic swords and firepower, to mess shit up I’d be dropping f-bombs too.

EDMIX

Forspoken looks mediocre, but Hi-Fi Rush is like Tik-Tok of gaming.

lol they was like

giphy.gif

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
It's not even a question. Hi-Fi Rush is excellent, the best Japanese character action game I've played in a while. Forspoken is a huge disappointing slog.

Both have dope animation but that's about it.

Thirty7ven

Banned
One is the flavor of the week and the other will leave you a sour taste in the mouth for years to come. To yolo or not to yolo?

Superkewl

Gold Member
Hi-Fi Rush is on PC gamepass. Just sub for a month to play it(can get for $1) and buy Forspoken. Best of both worlds

SNG32

I’ve only played the demo of Forspoken and I just downloaded Hi-Fi rush last night. So far I’m enjoying hi-fi rush I’m enjoying the nostalgia it’s bringing. Tango is a hidden gem developer for Microsoft and I hope they use them wisely and allow them to bring creative games like this to the brand. It’s a breath of fresh air from all the FPS they’re releasing.

Banned
Forespoken has to be one of the worst AAA open world games ever made.

I played the demo and watched people go through the first 2 hours or so of it, and holy fucking shit...

lets be honest... the narrative around Forspoken has been negative nearly from the get go. I personally haven't played it, but I assume it's the type of game that could be a 7 but feels like a 5/6 cause of the narrative's influence. I personally had no strong feelings toward the game. I haven't seen reviews, but I always find it funny how we as gamers love and trust reviews for one game... but then not for another. It's probably a perfectly fine 7 game.

As for Hi-Fi Rush... got it downloaded. Really like the art style, but I've always liked that look. I don't know about the rhythm based combat, since I'm not very at most rhythm games... It looks interesting and NEVER underestimate the power of SHADOW DROP! It's exciting and it generate a lot of hype, especially if it's a good game!

So yea, Hi-Fi Rush all day. I just think ppl aren't aware how influenced their feelings can be toward a game/movie/song/team etc.

LordCBH

One of those is a very well made, stylish game with fun and interesting characters. The other is Forspoken.

Bo_Hazem

Banned
Yea man, shovelware. I’m always saying there’s way too many cel shaded rhythm based character action games.

For reference, I won't touch Persona series games as well as I tried Persona 5 for 1 level and nearly got suffocated from cringe and boredom. Hope this gives you a better understanding.

Jaybe

Want a rhythm game? Hi-Fi
Want an action RPG? Forspoken
Probably best getting Dead Space Remake if you’re itching for a newly released game.

Last edited:

Nico_D

I have played the first mission of Hi-Fi Rush. Without playing Forspoken I can safely say that if you are looking something unique and fun, play Hi-Fi Rush.

Tip: You can probably get gamepass ultimate for 1€/$ month and test it through cloud gaming.

I'm absolutely loving the game.

dem

I think you'd need to pay me $1000 to waste my time with garbage like Forspoken. Why do you guys put yourselves through this shit?

Y'all don't value your time at all.

Last edited:

Jennings

Tip: You can probably get gamepass ultimate for 1€/$ month and test it through cloud gaming.
In my opinion playing a rhythm game via cloud streaming would be a mistake due to the latency issues that would interfere with a player's beat accuracy.

John Bilbo

If you end up playing Hi-Fi, I recommend playing it with Japanese voice acting on. It makes the dialogue seem more in tune with the visual style and "feel of the world" so to speak.

Also I think you can skip any cutscene if you'd just like to play.

Sethbacca

The Forspoken demo was meh for me, but I started playing Hi-Fi last night and was having a pretty good time with it.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
If you end up playing Hi-Fi, I recommend playing it with Japanese voice acting on. It makes the dialogue seem more in tune with the visual style and "feel of the world" so to speak.

Also I think you can skip any cutscene if you'd just like to play.
I'm enjoying the English dub but I could see Japanese completing the full FLCL look of the game. Going to finish normal mode on English then replay hard mode in Japanese.

I think the English dub is actually really good, and the female villain made me laugh honestly. Fun voice work.

Last edited:

Bo_Hazem

Banned
I would say more big hero six myself....

Tiktok is just an app for people with no talent.

That being said I wouldn't be surprised if everyone over 30 with a tiktok account isn't already on the sex offenders register.

I don't have either Tik-Tok nor Snapchat.

But the pattern is the edgy moves with rhythm that boils my blood, also seems to have some turn-based elements that is a MASSIVE red flag to me that ruined Yakuza to me. Reminds me of Def Jam Fighters, one of the best fighting games ever, that got watered down into some weird rhythmic shit back in the day.

anthony2690

Banned

But the pattern is the edgy moves with rhythm that boils my blood, also seems to have some turn-based elements that is a MASSIVE red flag to me that ruined Yakuza to me. Reminds me of Def Jam Fighters, one of the best fighting games ever, that got watered down into some weird rhythmic shit back in the day.
There is no turn based elements at all man.

The story/characters come across more like Big Hero Six after playing the game imo.

If you don't like the rhythm aspects you can completely ignore it, you won't be always getting S ranks though.

But you can still combo and playthrough the game as an action hack and slash, if you can combo, dodge and keep an attack chain going like on DMC, you will have a good time.

It has some platforming too.

& The parry is mega satisfying.

You can press the back button what gives you a visual prompt if you do want to try play to the beat for combo/high scores and it makes it easier if you are not the most musically inclined.

Last edited:

Dolomite

The f-bombs in Forspoken seem out of place. But I guess since the protagonist is black and "urban", they needed her to be believable. Believable in a game about magical bangles in a fantasy world.
Yeah that and the criminal background were cringe AF. It's like some devs in Japan typed "black protagonist" into an AI chatbox and went with what ever stereotypes it spat out

ancelotti

They're too different to necessarily recommend one over the other. If someone asks me which is better, then the obvious choice is Hi-Fi Rush. If they're looking for an open world, then I'd say check out Hogwarts or wait for a big discount on Forspoken (which is coming soon).

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter

There's no turn based elements. It more or less plays like a typical punchmans but landing your punches on the beat builds up your ranking, deals more damage, and adds a layer of sound and music to what's happening. It becomes second nature as you play.

It's like Metal Hellsinger but less punishing since your attacks will still land even if you mess up the timing.

Corndog

Banned
There is no turn based elements at all man.

The story/characters come across more like Big Hero Six after playing the game imo.

If you don't like the rhythm aspects you can completely ignore it, you won't be always getting S ranks though.

But you can still combo and playthrough the game as an action hack and slash, if you can combo, dodge and keep an attack chain going like on DMC, you will have a good time.

It has some platforming too.

& The parry is mega satisfying.

You can press the back button what gives you a visual prompt if you do want to try play to the beat for combo/high scores and it makes it easier if you are not the most musically inclined.
He only games on PlayStation so it’s not an option for him. I believe he said he doesn’t play an pc either but I could be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom