• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forum Avatar Request Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

olympia

could someone help me out with this? whenever i upload it, there's a white background when i'd like it to be transparent. also idk what the deal with the jaggy edges are

XH5mLMQ.gif

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I think you need to save it as a .png file, otherwise a .jpg or other files will lose their transparent background.

You also need to downsize it a bit, the limit is 100x120, that pic you posted is 113x120, meaning (I think) it's automatically putting the white background back in due to having to resize it.

Coreda

could someone help me out with this? whenever i upload it, there's a white background when i'd like it to be transparent. also idk what the deal with the jaggy edges are

It's 113x120 pixels and the max is 100x120, which is why the white background appears when uploaded. Will be highlighted as part of the FAQ in OT2 since it catches a lot of users.

The jaggies are due to it being saved as a GIF, which doesn't support full alpha transparency. If you have the original file resize it and save as a PNG instead.

Is there anyway to make my current avatar a little bit more visible? Seems really small atm

Cleaned it up for dark theme and added a non aliased version since non-native AA looks pretty bad scaled.

spvrtan-transparentz3sua.png
spvrtan-transparent-21jssr.png
spvrtan-transparent-33vssw.png
spvrtan-transparent-4b3s0g.png

Edit: while editing the post looks like Mailbox also added some :)

Mailbox

Is there anyway to make my current avatar a little bit more visible? Seems really small atm

That's the original, I cut it out myself.

So It seems like the original sprite art is actually slightly larger than the max width of an avatar.

So, I did my best with cleaning and transparancy. I also tried a little vertical scaling trickery, but idk if it came out well. I ran it through Waifu2x to clean it up a bit, so hopefully that makes it stand out a bit more.

O4i3Sy5.png
SOnxg61.png

mVAUR8G.png
ApyeZPU.png

olympia

I think you need to save it as a .png file, otherwise a .jpg or other files will lose their transparent background.

You also need to downsize it a bit, the limit is 100x120, that pic you posted is 113x120, meaning (I think) it's automatically putting the white background back in due to having to resize it.

It's 113x120 pixels and the max is 100x120, which is why the white background appears when uploaded. Will be highlighted as part of the FAQ in OT2 since it catches a lot of users.

The jaggies are due to it being saved as a GIF, which doesn't support full alpha transparency. If you have the original file resize it and save as a PNG instead.

Thanks everyone! For some reason when I save it as a 92x100 png it still doesn't show up as transparent?

24hr

Cleaned it up for dark theme and added a non aliased version since non-native AA looks pretty bad scaled.

spvrtan-transparentz3sua.png
spvrtan-transparent-21jssr.png
spvrtan-transparent-33vssw.png
spvrtan-transparent-4b3s0g.png

Edit: while editing the post looks like Mailbox also added some :)

So It seems like the original sprite art is actually slightly larger than the max width of an avatar.

So, I did my best with cleaning and transparancy. I also tried a little vertical scaling trickery, but idk if it came out well. I ran it through Waifu2x to clean it up a bit, so hopefully that makes it stand out a bit more.

O4i3Sy5.png
SOnxg61.png

mVAUR8G.png
ApyeZPU.png
Brilliant, thanks guys.

I did an image search and I got different looking ones. Which one do you mean? post an example, please. Not all of us play the basket ring.

...>_> <_< Ted Cruise reference. Did I do it right? <_>

Oh, I really don't care which, it's why I didn't specify which ;p

They're all good, so it's at your, or whomever's discretion. Thanks!

Yes, yes you did do it right xD

megachao24

Unconfirmed Member
Mind if someone makes an avatar of the second stamp up at the upper left corner of this pick (the brunette with the purple eyes)?

814D1QCLtyL._SL1077_.jpg

Thanks in advanced.

Busaiku

Thanks again for this; couldn't use it for the past few weeks, cause I couldn't reliably save it or my old avatar.

Weird thing though, when I open it or download it, the background's transparent, but whenever I upload it here, I get a white background.
Anyone happen to know why that's happening?

Thanks again for this; couldn't use it for the past few weeks, cause I couldn't reliably save it or my old avatar.

Weird thing though, when I open it or download it, the background's transparent, but whenever I upload it here, I get a white background.
Anyone happen to know why that's happening?

copy paste the url of the image, and paste it in the url option, that always works for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom