• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FREE copy of Marvin's Mittens for all GAF members! Believe...in magic!

Double D

This is a fantastic game. Hope it doesn't sound too 'Steam Snobbish' of me but I was kind of bummed that I had to go download the Desura client just for this game. But I hope you take it as a complement that I am glad I did.

It's a fantastic little game with beautiful music and visuals. My son walked in just as I started playing it and I ultimately gave it up to him after collecting a bunch of snowflakes myself. Anyways, thanks again. The setting really makes it a fantastic game to play around the holidays.

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
Just played some of the game.
It's really great so far and sets a perfect mood for this time of year.
Thanks again!

This is a fantastic game. Hope it doesn't sound too 'Steam Snobbish' of me but I was kind of bummed that I had to go download the Desura client just for this game. But I hope you take it as a complement that I am glad I did.

It's a fantastic little game with beautiful music and visuals. My son walked in just as I started playing it and I ultimately gave it up to him after collecting a bunch of snowflakes myself. Anyways, thanks again. The setting really makes it a fantastic game to play around the holidays.

You can actually play the game without the Desura client! There is a stand-alone version of the game! You still need a Desura account, but it's just a zipped up version of the game rather than through the client :)

Glad you guys love it!

This is a fantastic game. The nostalgia is strong with this one (even if you never explored snowy woods on your own as an imaginative child), and the mechanics are tight.

Voted on Greenlight, of course.

Well done, JasoNsider! You set a great tone with the storybook art and music, and the voicework and animation is very charming. The physics and movement feel great, too. Nice job.

Rekubot

Played this up to the train tracks. It's good fun! I like that the collectibles directly affect your jump height, it's very satisfying. And the music... drool. The sleigh jingle is on the same level as the RBY & GSC Pokémon bicycle themes.

lingiii

Banned
haven't ever used Desura myself, here's a good reason to check it out. hope things work out with Steam in the future, on without em otherwise!

BlueMagic

I played for a while and I'm totally liking it, great atmosphere overall, clean graphics, cool animations. You can see that this was made with heart!
Is there a way to play full-screen in 16:10 without having the screen stretched though? I believe this is an XNA problem, since every XNA game I played had this.

edit: music is indeed kinda busy relative to the game, still lovely anyway

Vamphuntr

Is there a button to take screenshot outisde of printscreen? That Desura thing must have a snapshot option like steam, right?

I played a bit so far and made it past the bridge. Do you need all the snowflakes to beat the game?

I'll have to mess with Joy2key a bit to find a comfortable binding as I'm not liking playing with the keyboard at all. Seems like it's way to slippery for the jumps.

Enjoying it so far. It's really charming.

Geohound

Neo Member
Played for a few hours and finally got the sled. Finding shortcuts to connect areas makes the sled even better then it I thought.

I can see myself coming back to this often. Thanks again!

Is there a button to take screenshot outisde of printscreen? That Desura thing must have a snapshot option like steam, right?

I played a bit so far and made it past the bridge. Do you need all the snowflakes to beat the game?

I'll have to mess with Joy2key a bit to find a comfortable binding as I'm not liking playing with the keyboard at all. Seems like it's way to slippery for the jumps.

Enjoying it so far. It's really charming.

You don't need all flakes to beat the game :)

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Guys, just gotta say wonderful game! Thanks again for doing this. First thirty minutes here for anyone wanting to see some gameplay. Yes I do talk over it though so if that's not your thing, you've been warned.

This is awesome! Hahaha I had to laugh at the "Marvin just needs one solid breakfast" comment ;) Realism police were slacking when designing this aspect I think!

FillerB

Having played it for just a small hour and I haven't got much farther than gaining double-jump and the sled.

Because instead of exploring and gathering snowflakes I've been "wasting" all my time sledding.

And I loved every minute of it. A quicktravel mechanism that has been so fun that it has been distracting me from the actual game itself? That's a winner in my book.

Lord Phol

What an adoreable little game, everything from the art to the rhymes and encyklopedia. And it's really fun to boot! Well done, voting this up :).
Also have to mention the lovely music and the animal sketches which I really enjoyed.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Played some today (After the patch, which totally fixed my crashing issues) and wow. This is great, reminds me a lot of Knytt, which is a good thing imo, the atmosphere is outstanding and the art and music are both great.

Just finished the game. Adorable ending. And also, where on earth did you find Graham Rowland? Great, believable voice acting. "Marvin, it's time to come in!" "Awwww?" Perfectly identifiable.

If you ever plan a sequel, "More Marvin's Mittens" or whatever, my one suggestion would be to have more backtracking. I think there were only a few flakes at home, and a few in Snowman Meadow, that I couldn't acquire right away, but after that I could clear each area without going for low-hanging fruit in future areas.

VandalD

Had a good bit of fun with this once I got more used to how the controls feel when changing directions. Nice, relaxing platformer.
Loved the fake monster in the cave. Made me pause for a second or two before I came to the conclusion that there probably wouldn't be something in the game that would maul Martin horribly and eat him.

Just finished the game. Adorable ending. And also, where on earth did you find Graham Rowland? Great, believable voice acting. "Marvin, it's time to come in!" "Awwww?" Perfectly identifiable.

If you ever plan a sequel, "More Marvin's Mittens" or whatever, my one suggestion would be to have more backtracking. I think there were only a few flakes at home, and a few in Snowman Meadow, that I couldn't acquire right away, but after that I could clear each area without going for low-hanging fruit in future areas.

Graham is a great kid! We worked with him closely in our recording of this. We got him to jump on and off his bed at home to see what sounds he might make when jumping and landing. Once we get some photos of the launch party I'll post them so everybody can see :)

Thanks for the suggestion!

Just finished it with the gf playing along with me. We absolutely loved it. We discovered the
high in the sky cloud area and we were just blown away
. We smiled a ton! You guys did a outstanding job and this is one of my all time favorite indie games by far. The ending was great and the soundtrack is just wonderful! Bravo! I am telling everyone I can about Marvins Mittens.!

Top Bottom