• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(GAF WINS! GAF WINS!) THE REMATCH: GAF's MAGNFICENT SE7EN vs Leguna's "Dream Team"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohamsie

Good luck GAF, I'll be cheering you on!

gruntgafcheer.gif

Ramirez

Kills for the "Dream Team"

Manngc-27
Manngc (G/3 Logo)-35
Manngc (G/Skull and Crossbones Logo)-40
Leguna-25
Eye of Storm-35

Flag Captures...

1st game-0
2nd game-1 Manngc
3rd game-1 Manngc(G/3 Logo) and 1 Leguna

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
Kills for the "Dream Team"

Manngc-27
Manngc (G/3 Logo)-35
Manngc (G/Skull and Crossbones Logo)-40
Leguna-25
Eye of Storm-35

Flag Captures...

1st game-0
2nd game-1 Manngc
3rd game-1 Manngc(G/3 Logo) and 1 Leguna

Leguna was the lame duck. Color me surprised
rolleyes9.gif

Willco

Hollywood Square
op_ivy said:
:lol

you can count me out. i'll be out of town wed.

A devastating blow to the GAF corps has been dealt. Can we overcome these insurmountable odds?

EDIT: I'll be on tonight if we need to practice and help decide our MAGNIFICENT SE7VEN. Now that op1vy is out, it does mean we're going to need another body or two.

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
yeah, the reserves are strong, with 100 members, that makes upwards of 20 competant players.

You could throw catfish in the mix and make it an international beatdown... I don't see how the dream team can bitch about lag when they're gonna have 3 systems on one connection.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Potential Top 11?

Ramirez
Wario64
Lemming
Fifty
LyteEdge
NutterButter
DopeyFish
Fixed2BeBroken
levious
F4TALITY(sp?)
catfish

manngc

I will not allow 3 systems on one connection for these games. The risk of lag will be too great if that happens...and quite frankly that will ruin the fun. At MAX there will only be 2 systems on the connection...and only if the second system is necessary. I have already secured a alternate location for play if need be. :)

Be sure to restrict the Magificent 7 members to East or Central people only! I want lag minimized...

Mann

levious

remove levious and put in any of:

DJ Demon J
Wellington
PhatSaqs
SKluck
AeroGod
Cubsfan

I'm more than willing to participate in practice matches though.

I've played a number of matches with catfish and never experienced lag... as long as the host is domestic it shouldn't be an issue.

- forgot cubsfan as well. There's plenty more too, maybe post a message in the clan topic.

Nutter

Ramirez said:
I tallied up the combined stats of all 3 games for reference as far as picking people or whatever.

Kills wise across 3 games went like this...

Nutter Butter-41
Lyte Edge-9
Wario-21 (didn't play all of the 3rd game)
Dopey-27 (didn't play the 3rd game at all to my knowledge)
Op1vy-56
Me-60

Flag captures-
Nutter got all 3 the 1st game
I got all 3 the 2nd game
In the 3rd game,I had one,Lyte had one, and Wario had one.

I had to leave in the second game. when the scores were 2(gaf) to 1(Leguna).. And came back in the third game close to the end.. (you can ask Lyte if you dont believe me) So that is why my kills kind of dropped off after the first game.

AND

I (NutterButter700) will be ready to serve Neo-GAF.

Fifty

If we're not able to have an outright vote, then maybe the six people (Leguna's homeboy Lyte Edge included) can vote for the final person. It would make the most sense to do it this way, because they're the ones who the 7th would have to play with. That would mean I probably won't get in, because of that group I only play with Ramirez and Wario often, but it seems like the most efficient way to do this.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Catfish prolly won't be able to participate due to time difference :(

ok this is really making me think about just ditching work. Seriously dudes, I think halo is ruining my life. Dear lord if there is a team slayer in there.......

I've Got 12.46 in the afternoon right now. how many hours from now?

Edit: Yeah I don't hit lag very much at all, to offset the huge geographical distance me and my flatmates pay through the nose for a fast connection. 10Mbit/2Mbit.

levious

Willco said:
Except we're stuck with two slots since op1vy is unable to play.

Did lemming ever say if he could play? Fifty and Lemming.

Fifty

How many hours from now? Well 48 hours + 2 to get us to 9 eastern. If it's 12:46 for you at 6:46 here....Then 3 PM (your time) would be the start time.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Fifty said:
How many hours from now? Well 48 hours + 2 to get us to 9 eastern. If it's 12:46 for you at 6:46 here....Then 3 PM (your time) would be the start time.

bah.

If leguna wants to talk shit on a weekend ever, I'm up for it.

Willco

Hollywood Square
So is it my understanding that the majority of the people want?

THE MAGNIFICENT SE7EN

Ramirez
NutterButter
DopeyFish
LyteEdge
Wario64
Lemming
Fifty

RESERVES

SKluck
Cubsfan
catfish
Fixed2BeBroken

Fifty

Any time people are on..I'd imagine it would be tough to schedule a time between now and wednesday. I know I'll be on tomorrow night from 10 Est on.. It's the soonest I can get on because of work (at home!! Yes... :( )

Hero

I'm a pretty good player myself. Maybe I can get to on my friend's LIVE account to play.

I'd like to see how good the rest of GAF is.

Poody

What program do you use to photoshop a picture?
What are the odds? I bet againstt GAF! prolly because leguna will recruit halo geeks to play with him

Matlock

Banned
I Suck At Halo said:
TO ALL:
LET ME BE HEARD FROM RED STONE TO BLACK SKY!!! I WILL REGAIN MY HONOR!!!

LEGUNA'S DREAM TEAM!!!!
armageddon.jpg

By which you mean that one will die at the end, and one will fire off indiscriminately like a retard?

levious

Lyte Edge said:
I'll be on live as soon as I get home tonight if anyone wants to play.

You wanna kick my ass in Hyper? I'm sick of fighting ken/ryu! Hit me up if you see me on with SF. I got no voice chat option on my stick though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
levious said:
You wanna kick my ass in Hyper? I'm sick of fighting ken/ryu! Hit me up if you see me on with SF. I got no voice chat option on my stick though.

I was just on SF3; I'll try going back on in Hyper and see if you're still on Hyper.

Had to quit Halo 2 tonight due to whoever was running the game refusing to turn the radar off. Radar = SUCK

Willco

Hollywood Square
Lyte Edge said:
I was just on SF3; I'll try going back on in Hyper and see if you're still on Hyper.

Had to quit Halo 2 tonight due to whoever was running the game refusing to turn the radar off. Radar = SUCK

You didn't miss much. They handed off control to some female who was confused by all the crazy buttons and moving pictures. Lame match ensued.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Lyte Edge said:

Radar is good. I had never even thought to turn that off before playing online, I took quite the hammering the first time around.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Can the following clan members participate in a scrimmage tomorrow afternoon/evening, all together preferably, but at least off and on for practice?

GAF ROLL CALL

Ramirez
NutterButter
DopeyFish
LyteEdge
Wario64
Lemming
Fifty
Cubsfan
catfish
Fixed2BeBroken

Also, is anyone who is not going to be an active team member for Wednesday's match willing to spectate and videotape. I can spectate, but I don't have the necessary equipment to record.

firex

do bets for the GAF team count more if they win despite any cheating leguna will do? (you know he will)

Willco

Hollywood Square
firex said:
do bets for the GAF team count more if they win despite any cheating leguna will do? (you know he will)

To tell you the truth, I don't suspect leguna will cheat because he has more at stake here than GAF does.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Willco said:
Can the following clan members participate in a scrimmage tomorrow afternoon/evening, all together preferably, but at least off and on for practice?

I'm finishing work right now, so tomorrow around this time (+my 25 minute hike home) I could be on. I would try and figure out what time that is for all of you, but your zany timezones fuck my brain up.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I can play tomorrow night. :)

catfish said:
Radar is good. I had never even thought to turn that off before playing online, I took quite the hammering the first time around.

Radar is quite possibly the only lame thing about Halo. It should ALWAYS be turned off in any match type.

Trakball

Banned
Willco said:
You didn't miss much. They handed off control to some female who was confused by all the crazy buttons and moving pictures. Lame match ensued.

She did better than you though, surprisingly!

Willco

Hollywood Square
Trakball said:
She did better than you though, surprisingly!

No she didn't. I beat her at slayer (albeit not by a wide margin) and king of the hill!

And I would've performed better at slayer had our lag not been so incredibly shitty. Shooting teleporting people is not my idea of fun.

Trakball

Banned
Lyte Edge said:
Radar is quite possibly the only lame thing about Halo. It should ALWAYS be turned off in any match type.

It was the first time any of us had really played online, so please forgive us. Radar = off for now on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom