• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2017 Awards

RSchmitz

I voted for GoW, Spider-Man, SotC and MH W. Those are the 4 that made the top 10.
Yakuza should be higher, we demand a recount, or else.
3d2f29e784a180ee1d75d36b87418293.jpg

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Apart from #13 just being a fucking logo it's a good list.
Evil Within 2 below a title screen smh

I genuinely don't know that the deal is with that objection.

It's a game people have demanding for years and now Nintendo finally acknowledged the demand and said it's going to come out. That's hype for fans of the series.

Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy 7: Remake, Project Nier were the same thing and hype is what E3 is all about. ;-)

KiNolin

It's a game people have demanding for years and now Nintendo finally acknowledged the demand and said it's going to come out. That's hype for fans of the series.

Shenmue 3, Final Fantasy 7: Remake, Project Nier were the same thing and hype is what E3 is all about. ;-)

Those announcements all got flack for being light on substance and a logo without a developer is still much less than the others.

Zedark

Those announcements all got flack for being light on substance and a logo without a developer is still much less than the others.
They did get #5 and #10 in their best of E3 awards, though. It's a very typical thing for hype new games with just teasers to rank high by virtue of being hype.

KZObsessed

I suppose it is a "Best of E3" list rather than a "Game of the Show" list.

Metroid Prime 4 is pretty awesome, but they announced it in the worst possible way. Though, that's probably why it's number 13 instead of number 1!

benny_a

I get that it's very light but to a big fan the mere confirmation of existence is enough.

People got teary eyed just because the saga of Shenmue would continue, even if they intellectually knew that it wouldn't be at the levels of Shenmue 1 + 2 budget wise.

And Metroid has been handled as the red-headed step child and only been given token acknowledgements by Nintendo for a long time so seeing even just this logo means a lot. It confirms a new entry.

--

As I read every post in the voting thread, there are posters that seem like fans of Metroid that feel the same you guys do as they wrote in comments that they didn't vote for Metroid Prime 4 because it was merely a logo.

Eolz

They did get #5 and #10 in their best of E3 awards, though. It's a very typical thing for hype new games with just teasers to rank high by virtue of being hype.

This.
Shenmue 3 got less hype only a long while after, and FFVIIR is still awaited by a big fanbase, despite all the details coming in since.
It's a reveal, it's fine to be hyped. It's part of the legacy of those franchises.

Destiny 2 not in the TOP5 makes it a sad list :(
It's probably hard to get excited about a game that, despite being remade from the ground up, looks nearly identical to its predecessor. Sadly I would have killed for Bungie to have done the exact same thing with Halo 2. Instead we got... Halo 2. Which was still a fantastic game but not exactly the sequel so many fans had hoped for.

benny_a

Maybe it would've looked a little bit differently for Destiny 2 if they had done their big reveal at E3 instead of before E3?

But then again Anthem in the same genre was debuted and that was wholly new and at least graphically very impressive.

Huh. Woulda figured BG&E2 woulda been higher.

don't trust my judgments on guessing GAF's award polls

I think it would have been even higher had it had Jade and Pey'j to push the hype to the next level and for the hype to really resonate even more in order to more fully override the skepticism of this being a prequel and a very different game than people had been waiting a decade for since it's last teaser trailer. As such, I think it's still a pretty impressive debut.

Top Bottom