• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's thoughts on this 22" LCD for Xbox 360 HD?

24-014-139-01.jpg

Run down:
Model
Brand BenQ
Model FP222WH
Cabinet Color Black
Display
Screen Size 22"
Widescreen Yes
Display Type WSXGA+
Recommended Resolution 1680 x 1050
Viewing Angle 170°(H) / 160°(V)
Pixel Pitch 0.282mm
Display Colors 16.7 Million
Brightness 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 700:1
Response Time 5ms
Horizontal Refresh Rate 30KHz - 82KHz
Vertical Refresh Rate 56Hz - 76Hz
Connectivity
Input Video Compatibility Analog RGB, Digital
Connectors D-Sub, DVI-D
D-Sub 1
DVI 1 (HDCP)
HDMI Yes (HDCP)
Power
Power Supply Built-in (90-264 AC)
Power Consumption 49W (max)
Convenience
User Controls OSD language: 8
Regulatory Approvals TCO'03
Adjustable Stand Tilt Adjustments
Built in TV Tuner No
Built in Speakers No
Features Kensington Lock Support
i key
VESA Wall Mounting: 100x100mm
Packaging
Package Contents FP222WH LCD Monitor
User Manual
VGA Cable
DVI Cable
Power Cable
Support Disk
Dimensions
Dimensions (W×H×D) 22.4" x 17.9" x 6.7"
Weight 12.8 lbs.
Features
Vista Certified Yes
Manufacturer Warranty
Parts 3 years limited
Labor 3 years limited

Going to be getting a VGA cable and moving the 360 to the computer room since the wife is getting so god damn bitchy about me playing on the 46" DLP nowadays.

Anyways that said, anyone have this monitor or heard good/bad things about it for gameplay?

HDMI that is HDCP will be great for once I get a PS3 later down the road and the only other thing I'd have hooked up to it would be my 360 and my PC.

I know the 1680x1050 will have a stretched image (slightly) but that's no big deal to me.

Anyways, give your thoughts.

rs7k

meh. if you'll go the pc screen route, get something a little better and get the syncmaster series (226BW) or a dell that's similar.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Go on ebay and try to find a gdm-fw900 get cables for windas software you won't regret it, though it would take some effort. Unless you need the space or can't take a heavy monitor what I just said is probably the best display you could get for anything under 24".

VictimOfGrief said:
I know the 1680x1050 will have a stretched image (slightly) but that's no big deal to me.

Anyways, give your thoughts.

Not that I can speak for this particular monitor, but on my 22" viewsonic (same res) a 360 image is stretched but not distorted. I can have the monitor stretch the image to be as large as possible while maintaining aspect ratio -- in reality I have a roughly half inch black bar on the left side of the screen.

RiskyChris said:
Not that I can speak for this particular monitor, but on my 22" viewsonic (same res) a 360 image is stretched but not distorted. I can have the monitor stretch the image to be as large as possible while maintaining aspect ratio -- in reality I have a roughly half inch black bar on the left side of the screen.
hmm, so do you find that annoying?

neptunes

The 360 doesn't support 16:10 natively yet.

So Wait until it does, and when that happends that monitor may be cheaper than it is now.

but if you don't mind a little bit of stretching (hardly noticeable someties) then go for it.

Top Bottom