• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Boost | PS5 - Shadow of the Colossus, just like GoT and GOW, could receive a 4K/60 patch

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
If you're able to get a disc copy and don't patch it, apparently it's pretty much rock-solid 60fps, the initial release came with an unlocked frame rate. Perhaps not helpful if you already have a digital copy, but just in case.
I've ended up buying both :)

But I will try it when I can snag a console.

Kuranghi

If you're able to get a disc copy and don't patch it, apparently it's pretty much rock-solid 60fps, the initial release came with an unlocked frame rate. Perhaps not helpful if you already have a digital copy, but just in case.

DF said it was 1890/1900p native as well, so I'd rather see the SotC remaster combine its modes for native 4K 60 on PS5 than go from 1900p > 2160p for TLG.

Massive caveat is that I own the disc version, totally sucks if you have the digital version, you should be able to opt out of patches ideally.

Mahavastu

These all run even better on PS5, especially when they have unstable framerates or dynamic resolution-scaling:

There is also a page with games which looks better on PS5
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ps5-backwards-compatibility-all-ps4-games-with-benefits.322747/

Perrott

I had to bring out my PS2 to confirm i wasn't taking crazy pills when I downloaded Devil Summoner Raidou Kuzunoha 1 and felt like the character was moving through mud and i remember all the SMT PS2 games running smoothly and sure enough yeah the PS2 BC on PS3 (at least the SMT titles) is horrible.
"Through mud"? What do you mean exactly? In any case, it's unfortunate to hear that the PS2 SMT games have problems on PS3, as I was planning to buy all of them digitally in the near future :(

"Through mud"? What do you mean exactly? In any case, it's unfortunate to hear that the PS2 SMT games have problems on PS3, as I was planning to buy all of them digitally in the near future :(
Don't buy them, if you don't have a PS2 handy it's better to just download PCSX2 on your PC.

As for the mud comment i think it felt that way because it's running with massive slowdown/low FPS so the game's responsiveness is abysmal especially Digital Devil Saga 1, my God that's unplayable IMO MASSIVE amounts of slowdown and what i think sub 25FPS.

The Dude GIF by memecandy

Me waiting for Re2 remake and Re3 remake enhanced version for ps5

Krizalidx11

Banned
Sony dumped the crap outta The last Guardian, they know that game is SHITE with broken controls and low sales which explains why mr.1 game every 10 years was let go

Last edited:

yamaci17

This game is really unique in terms of gameplay. Sad to see not seeing similar structured games. I guess it's not the best fit for most of the casuals

Banned
if anything it would be 1800p60 not 4k60 as until now the resolution was never changed for these titles

For real, I understand that 3rd party titles are a no-go because it's all in their respective publishers hands, but all Sony's exclusives should receive a 4K60 patch, there aren't that many games after all, so there's no excuse, especially if they're marketing it. TO1886, UC4, DC and so on, those games just beg to be played at 4K60.
I need this for The Order 1886 please. It would just look real.

Top Bottom