• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May Cover Reveal: Final Fantasy XV

Koozek

Seems like the game pre-orders are exceeding expectations in Japan.

In the US, too, apparently:

@PshycoNinja

Inside GameStop. Being told FFXV has some of the highest pre-orders they've seen in quite some time. :)

He's a QA tester on FFXV or so, afaik.

Also on Amazon Germany it's still in the Top 5 PS4 and has been #1 in All Games and PS4 for a while after the Uncovered Event. Not sure how much it means in the grand scheme of things, though.

KoopaTheCasual

I haven't read a single detail from GameInformer about FF XV. Lol and I'm even asking myself do I even wanna see the FF XV E3 trailer when its revealed.
As someone else who's avoiding most FFXV medial; don't watch it. Since the game is done, E3 trailer is gonna be spoiler galore.

In the US, too, apparently:

@PshycoNinja

Inside GameStop. Being told FFXV has some of the highest pre-orders they've seen in quite some time. :)

He's a QA tester on FFXV or so, afaik.

Also on Amazon Germany it's still in the Top 5 PS4 and has been #1 in All Games and PS4 for a while after the Uncovered Event. Not sure how much it means in the grand scheme of things, though.

wow ! Good Job - Hopefully E3 Coverage will push the Numbers even more

02024f-1461245800.png

Boke1879

Nice to see they are upping the CE count even if by only a little. Also nice to hear it's doing good preorder wise. I know amazon isn't the best indication but the Deluxe edition has been in the top 20 hourly since its announcement

Square said this on facebook though:

Unfortunately we can’t guarantee that if you pre-order the 2nd batch of UCEs it will be ready by Sept 30 (the FFXV release date) but we’ll do our best and let you know how to order one from the 2nd batch soon!

https://www.facebook.com/ffxv/photo...497152334270/1593022521015066/?type=3&theater

So beware of this when pre-ordering now.

The worst thing was making this SE store exclusive.. Sighs* I'll just stick with my Deluxe.. NYCC goes on during October so I can get that Noctis figure and the anime blu Ray I bet.

The worst thing was making this SE store exclusive.. Sighs* I'll just stick with my Deluxe.. NYCC goes on during October so I can get that Noctis figure and the anime blu Ray I bet.

Square seems really dead set on their CEs being exclusive to their store. It's the main reason I haven't bought one.

Granted, I wouldn't pick up this particular one because of the price being mostly a thing I don't want, but I've skipped several of their CEs in the past because fuck ordering from that store.

edotlee

Square seems really dead set on their CEs being exclusive to their store. It's the main reason I haven't bought one.

Yeah, unfortunately this probably won't change in the future. SE is able to make more profit, especially on the high-priced special editions, by cutting out the retailers. I just bit the bullet and bought it from thier store.

Samimista

Hedge

10.000 extra? Eh, I've had time to think it over and I'd probably throw out the figure anyway, so it won't be worth it to buy it anyway. I'd only buy it for the artbook, so I'll hope they'll make it available to buy it at a later time.
I'll use the funds to buy the Dark Souls board game anyway. <3

benzy

Square Enix reflects on FF's drive for cutting edge tech

Naoki Yoshida said:
&#8220;My personal opinion is, up until Final Fantasy VIII, the games were always on the cutting edge of technology,&#8221; says Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn director and producer Naoki Yoshida. &#8220;As a fan, it does leave you a bit disappointed when you expect that and it&#8217;s just not there. But a way to get that back &#8211; and our company should try to get that back &#8211; is to not fear failure. To get back to the cutting edge, you have to keep creating and keep trying. You can&#8217;t just do this with one project, though; to regain that spirit of challenge, you have to keep trying.&#8221;

Hajime Tabata said:
&#8220;Especially when it comes to Final Fantasy, a lot of times our consumers are expecting exceptional graphics,&#8221; Tabata says. &#8220;In comparison to other titles, open worlds &#8211; when you look at the screenshots &#8211; their graphical quality won&#8217;t be on par. We set out to overcome that barrier, to ensure that we are using the technology that will enable us to overcome that stigma.&#8221;

So yeah, I hope they've seen their screenshots. lol

wmlk

Apparently SE is happy with pre-orders in Japan. If the team goal is 10 million worldwide, then those pre-orders must be really good lol.

Boke1879

Apparently SE is happy with pre-orders in Japan. If the team goal is 10 million worldwide, then those pre-orders must be really good lol.

10 million over the course of the product isn't so far fetched to me and hearing them pleased with preorder numbers is a good sign. I said this earlier. I know amazon isn't the best but I really do believe that deluxe Edition will end up selling very well.

Go_Ly_Dow

I'm betting this is more relative to the current climate over there, as opposed to comparative preorder numbers for previous FF games.

XIII sold around 1.3-1.5 in its first week I believe. If XV was able to achieve that as a lifetime figure it wouldn't be a surprise.

Other Asian markets is where they can pickup the slack now.

wanders

Lol, I'd drag my brother along since he knows all about my XV craze. xD

I'm sure he wouldn't mind. The movie seems to have a wider appeal compared to FFXV proper. My friends are more interested in the movie than the game.

I wonder what type of marketing Kingsglaive will have. I'm imaging one of the three big stars of the movie being a guest on a talk show.

Hmm maybe Kingsglaive is gonna set some type of precedent for future FF games depending on its success.

chozen

I will be off to Gamestop to pick up my Game Informer later today I hope they don't give me trouble.

XV sure sounds like it has a good future in terms of sales. I'm sure when the movie drops and the game gets more exposure the pre-order numbers will rise immensely come Sept 30.

Would be nice to have the digital version that day on psn, I think the west at the latest should get this around mid August.

I guess Square Enix does want us to watch the movie first to get into the world. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case. But, I still will blackout from gaf threads about Kingsglaive or FFXV during that week because getting spoiled would make me very angry.

Samimista

I'm sure he wouldn't mind. The movie seems to have a wider appeal compared to FFXV proper. My friends are more interested in the movie than the game.

I wonder what type of marketing Kingsglaive will have. I'm imaging one of the three big stars of the movie being a guest on a talk show.

Hmm maybe Kingsglaive is gonna set some type of precedent for future FF games depending on its success.

Yeah, my brother and I actually watched the E3 when Versus XIII was announced. xD He really didn't get interested in the game until the 2011 trailer, though.

I wonder that as well. To tell you the truth, I went nuts when the three big stars were announced, haha. I know they're just voice acting in the movie but nonetheless I think it was good casting. Especially with Sean Bean as King Regis.

As for Lena Heady voice acting Luna, it gives me hope that the character will be strong. I'm honestly preferring Luna's design in Kingsglaive over her counterpart in the actual game. That outfit we've seen makes me think of Zelda in Hyrule Warriors.

Hope so. I honestly wouldn't mind more FF movies. I've always preferred CGI over live action. The CGI in Kingsglaive looks so realistic. When it was first shown at the Uncovered event, I didn't know what was going on, haha.

I guess Square Enix does want us to watch the movie first to get into the world. I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case. But, I still will blackout from gaf threads about Kingsglaive or FFXV during that week because getting spoiled would make me very angry.

I plan on doing the same as well. I know it'll be hard when the threads start to emerge on here, but I don't wanna get spoiled. I wanna be surprised when I watch the actual movie.

I will be off to Gamestop to pick up my Game Informer later today I hope they don't give me trouble.

XV sure sounds like it has a good future in terms of sales. I'm sure when the movie drops and the game gets more exposure the pre-order numbers will rise immensely come Sept 30.

My local GS wouldn't sell it to me with out some pro-card.. I was like nah I'm good. I'll passby Barnes and nobles in the city to see if they got it.

Astral Dog

Yeah, my brother and I actually watched the E3 when Versus XIII was announced. xD He really didn't get interested in the game until the 2011 trailer, though.

I wonder that as well. To tell you the truth, I went nuts when the three big stars were announced, haha. I know they're just voice acting in the movie but nonetheless I think it was good casting. Especially with Sean Bean as King Regis.

As for Lena Heady voice acting Luna, it gives me hope that the character will be strong. I'm honestly preferring Luna's design in Kingsglaive over her counterpart in the actual game. That outfit we've seen makes me think of Zelda in Hyrule Warriors.

Hope so. I honestly wouldn't mind more FF movies. I've always preferred CGI over live action. The CGI in Kingsglaive looks so realistic. When it was first shown at the Uncovered event, I didn't know what was going on, haha.

I plan on doing the same as well. I know it'll be hard when the threads start to emerge on here, but I don't wanna get spoiled. I wanna be surprised when I watch the actual movie.
We need a Kingdom Hearts CG movie too, along with the Advent Children prequel.&#10084;

Top Bottom