• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Of Thrones Fan Completes GRRM's Final 2 Books Using AI Since 12 Year Wait Is Ongoing

Spyxos

Gold Member
game-of-thrones-og.jpg

• Using AI, a fan has concluded George R. R. Martin's unfinished A Song of Ice and Fire series, including The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring.
  • The AI-generated conclusion lacks major character deaths but aims to faithfully conclude the series, which has been highly anticipated for over a quarter of a century.
  • With Martin's reticence about updates on The Winds of Winter's development, fans frustrated by the long wait have turned to AI, sparking an ethical debate about using AI to finish a series.
IGN reports that Liam Swayne of GitHub has used Artificial Intelligence to conclude the A Song of Ice and Fire series. The write-up includes The Winds of Winter and the seventh and final book, A Dream of Spring. Swayne used ChatGPT to outline the two books, then compelled the AI to finish each chapter, using Martin's writing style. ChatGPT neglected to kill off any major characters, which is what Game of Thrones and A Song of Ice and Fire are known for, but it does otherwise manage an otherwise faithful conclusion for the series.

Game of Thrones book fan.
halloween-bedtime-stories.jpg

DrFigs

Just looking at the first few pages, the prose is pretty bad. Lots of repetitive sentence structures.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
I've given up on ASOIAF.

Winds might release in the next 2-3 years, but we're never getting Dream from GRRM. Such a shame.

To think, I was 15 when I started reading the series in 2000 when book 3, Storm of Swords, was released. I'll be over 40 by the time Winds is out. That is if it ever comes out. The first book was released in 1996!

DrFigs

I've given up on ASOIAF.

Winds might release in the next 2-3 years, but we're never getting Dream from GRRM. Such a shame.

To think, I was 15 when I started reading the series in 2000 when book 3, Storm of Swords, was released. I'll be over 40 by the time Winds is out. That is if it ever comes out. The first book was released in 1996!
There's always Preston Jacob's fan fiction

I've given up and moved on to Malazan.

Unless the consensus is the next book is mind-blowing, I don't see myself picking it up.

Lunarorbit

Dudes gonna use hard knocks as an excuse in a few weeks cause he's beloved jets are in it. Or is it his beloved giants.

You can't be fans of both teams grrm. Sums up his whole personality

DKehoe

Dudes gonna use hard knocks as an excuse in a few weeks cause he's beloved jets are in it. Or is it his beloved giants.

You can't be fans of both teams grrm. Sums up his whole personality
I've always found it strange that he's a fan of both. But as someone who isn't American I wasn't sure how common it was. I know quite a few Americans support more than one team. But supporting two from the same city is odd right?

Top Bottom