• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Pass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schmick

It suddenly dawned on me, after the mixed feelings i have towards the MS reveal, that every game announced during the reveal will be available on Game Pass.

If there's one positive thing to take away from the reveal its Game Pass. I'm pretty excited about the prospect of having easy access to all those games from the day they release.

Reactions: JLB

dorkimoe

We didnt need another thread but yes.
I wanted 10 of the games shown and I will play them on game pass and save some money. For those who want to buy the retail, go buy them nobody is stopping you.

Andodalf

Banned
Gamepass has been the best deal
In gaming for years and continues to be so, but there is another thread with the exact same premise rn

Rikoi

I still don't understand how game pass is profitable to them though.
I can play their new releases for 1$/10$ and then unsubscribe, is this how much they value their games?

I can play their new releases for 1$/10$ and then unsubscribe, is this how much they value their games?

They have that Microsoft money so even if they're losing money on it they can take the hit.

disclaimer: I have no idea if they're making or losing money on it, not my problem.

Prefer the more traditional way rather than subscriptions, don't like the one dollar excuse for mediocre games either, setting a terrible example going forward with that mindset

Why is this mentioned in every thread, like it's the majority of the users that do it? I'd imagine it's less than 1% that perpetually create trial accounts, and less than 10% that subscribe for only a month at a time.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space

Because for every person that does that, there's X more than will simply stay subscribed for a few bucks every month.

If you're not particularly picky about which games you play, you could sub to Game Pass and never need to buy another video game again. It's insane value and there's so much stuff on there, you'd have a hard time beating all of it.

JLB

Banned
Prefer the more traditional way rather than subscriptions, don't like the one dollar excuse for mediocre games either, setting a terrible example going forward with that mindset

ypHOeWX.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom