• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameCube TMNT 2 will be 4-Player!

GigaDrive

Banned
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

TMNT 2's touted main attraction is the addition of a four player cooperative mode -- something that was sorely missing from last year's game. Continuing this four turtle trend, the single player story mode allows you to swap between all the turtles on the fly.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/525/525694p1.html

I'm sure this is OLD news to TMNT fans, but this is the first I've heard of a TMNT2 on GC with 4-player play!

AniHawk

Might be worth getting for 4 player. 2 player on the first one was bullshit.

Hopefully the gameplay is improved too.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
AniHawk said:
Might be worth getting for 4 player. 2 player on the first one was bullshit.

Hopefully the gameplay is improved too.
IAWTP. Four-player will be useless if they kept the same boring gameplay.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Joe said:
it'll be 4 players on all platforms and all the originals will be unlockable.
...you mean, all the original TMNT games?!

I'd buy it if just the original TMNT 2 was unlockable!

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
:eek:

Don't even make the oldies unlockable and GOTM!! ;)

The shared lifebar system, awkward-looking platforming and bland, uninteresting "everything else" means I'll be staying far away from this one too. The arcade games are nice bonuses but if this game is as mediocre as the last, and I have no reason to believe it won't be judging from what I've seen, then I'd rather just play the emulated versions of the arcade games on my PC.

human5892

Queen of Denmark
Undeniably Me said:
The shared lifebar system, awkward-looking platforming and bland, uninteresting "everything else" means I'll be staying far away from this one too. The arcade games are nice bonuses but if this game is as mediocre as the last, and I have no reason to believe it won't be judging from what I've seen, then I'd rather just play the emulated versions of the arcade games on my PC.
Even if the main game is unmitigated crap, it'll be worth it to be able to play through the old arcade games with four friends on my console.

GigaDrive

Banned
whoa, that would be so incredibly kewl if Konami included the arcade coin-op versions of TMNT Arcade and TMNT Turtles In Time (not teh sucky SNES version)

but IGN only mentions the first arcade game

Sealing the deal for the nostalgic crowd, TMNT 2 will also include a version of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade.

radcliff - any links to confirm both arcade games are unlockable?

human5892 said:
Even if the main game is unmitigated crap, it'll be worth it to be able to play through the old arcade games with four friends on my console.

That's a good point; I'll probably consider renting it for that reason, since I don't feel like having my Xbox modded.

GigaDrive

Banned
gamespy:

Konami is granting the gift of classic 8- and 16-bit offerings.

http://cube.gamespy.com/gamecube/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-2/516315p1.html

that probably means NES and SNES versions. I hope Gamespy is teh wrong.

gamespot:

Speaking of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Arcade Game... It is, in fact, unlockable in TMNT 2. This fact alone may drive extra sales of the game among the truly nostalgic among us, but this new game is looking solid enough to stand alone even without the embedded nugget of history to help it along.

http://www.gamespot.com/gamecube/action/teenagemutantninjaturtles2/preview_6098003.html

so basicly IGN and Gamespot are saying the same thing.

http://www.dignews.com/news.php?story_id=3506

Additionally, as an added bonus for older, more nostalgic fans, the console versions provide the ability to unlock one of the classic TMNT arcade-games.

radcliff

GigaDrive said:
whoa, that would be so incredibly kewl if Konami included the arcade coin-op versions of TMNT Arcade and TMNT Turtles In Time (not teh sucky SNES version)

but IGN only mentions the first arcade game

radcliff - any links to confirm both arcade games are unlockable?

IGN's original E3 preview mentioned that both games were in there. Their latest preview suggests its only the original.

Joe said:
it'll be 4 players on all platforms and all the originals will be unlockable.

I already own both arcade PCBs but HOLY FUCK this is great news! I'll buy it for these alone! Especially with 4p support in the arcade games!

ohamsie

I never expected to buy another Ninja Turtles game after Turtles in Time. This is spectacular news, I can't wait.

Top Bottom