• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

It costs $100 to unlock all of Street Fighter 6’s TMNT content

Draugoth

Gold Member
street-fighter-6-tmnt-1024x576.jpg

It costs around $100 to unlock all of Street Fighter 6‘s new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles content, with individual outfits costing up to $15.
It should be noted that these costumes aren’t new playable fighters – instead, they’re skins for the player’s avatar, who’s mainly used in the game’s World Tour mode.

In comparison, when the TMNT were added to Warner Bros‘ DC fighting game Injustice 2, the fighter pack cost $19.99 / £15.99 and contained all four Turtles as separate, fully-fledged fighters, as well as two extra fighters, Atom and Enchantress.

At the time of the announcement Capcom neglected to including pricing information, but now that the new content is available in the game its various costs are clear.

• Players can buy four full Turtle costumes for their in-game avatar, with each costing 750 Fighter Coins, which are the game’s premium currency. If they just want the coloured Turtle masks for their avatar, those cost 250 Fighter Coins each.
  • The game also includes sticker sets (priced at 100 Fighter Coins), taunts (250), in-game camera frames (100) and in-game device wallpapers (100), at a total cost of 1300.
  • In all, then, the total cost of all the TMNT content is 5300 Fighter Coins. While these can be earned, they’re mostly bought with real money.
  • Fighter Coins are sold in bundles of 250, 610, 1250 and 2750. Assuming a player has no Fighter Coins, then, the cheapest way to buy all the TMNT content would be to buy two bundles of 2750 Fighter Coins.
  • This has a total cost of $99.98 / £79.96, significantly more than the full game’s price of $59.99 / £54.98.
  • A player wishing to buy a single Turtle costume at 750 Fighter Coins would have to buy three bundles of 750, costing $14.97 / £11.94.

Nothing new about live service Capcom games. World Tour is the least significant portion of the game for Hardcore players, but this doesn't justify the price tag. Although, I believe people will buy it regardless, because they are voting with their wallets, just voting the wrong way.

Skyfox

I bought the injustice 2 tmnt characters dlc as they were the only characters I was interested in but it doesn't let you use them.

You've to play through the game first. Some sort of story mode issue.

Wish I could be refunded tbh cos I never got to use them. I had no interest in going through the story mode.

Mk11 fucked up here too. Why should I double dip on this game when I've to spend 500 hours just trying to unlock the characters I've already paid for.

Racing games piss me off with this shit too. Just let me pick the car and you can set the ai difficulty.

drotahorror

So will anyone online ever see your costume? Since it's world tour mode, is that exclusively single player? Can you take your custom character, online and fight in Ranked or Casual matches?

This isn't unique to Capcom. If people are paying $28 for a Diablo skin, fine.

You don't have to, but someone is, and this won't change until people stop supporting predatory models.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
$100? Fuck that. I'll just find the fpkg when it leaks out if I want Turtle stuff. Which I don't.

But even if I did, I finished World Tour weeks ago, and I'm asuming most people have, so what even is the point

nbkicker

Capcom milking it for everything it worth, for me never gonna buy anything todo with avatar stuff etc, total waste, fighting ground with the fighters is where its at, i just wish capcom would concentrate on new fighters and stages then all this avatar bull

nbkicker

Worst thing is come 4-5yrs down the line game prob be over 100gb yet half of it will be just for all the avatar stuff they putting out every month that no one wants, if people keep buying into this then they will just carry on, dont even no what my avatar looks like

Puscifer

I'm just happy I decided to skip this game, seeing their nonsense with 5 just alienated me that there's STILL not an addition where you can just buy it and be done with purchases. Just happy that GGPO lets me pay older fighting games without this nonsense

ZoukGalaxy

Only ? You can do better Capcom, do it.

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

/s

Also, 3,2,1... before someone tells "nobody is forcing you to buy it"

Last edited:
Top Bottom