• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameInformer: Some Of The Weird Ways I Spent My Time In Yakuza 0

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Just be wary of series fatigue. Especially with Yakuza 5 since it's too big and too long for its own good.

Good advice. I can only echo that. As someone that platinumed 5 I could easily feel myself approaching the fatigue on the series. I've reset that by playing a metric ton of RPGs since(P5, 2 trails games, Nioh demo :p), which is funny cause now I'm fatigued on those and plan to reset that with Y0.

But yeah basically Yakuza seems to be a series where each game has so much cool stuff that if you want to experience it all it borders on too much. I also assume the game share a lot of commonalities for side activities so I agree that people should take care to not ruin it for themselves by getting too much of it.

Just be wary of series fatigue. Especially with Yakuza 5 since it's too big and too long for its own good.

yeah, on Saejima's story i was already feeling fatigue specially because i took my sweet time with Kiryu's lol

that's why i havent finished the game but i think ready to go back after im done with DeusEx and TLG

I’ve been looking forward to Yakuza 0 for some time. The setting seemed interesting (Tokyo in the ‘80s), and it seemed like a good starting point for a series that I’ve never spent much time with...

c'mon, jeff cork - i'm thinking (going by the over-all tone of the article) that 'a series that i've never really spent any time with' would be a bit more honest. & welcome to kamurocho! :) ...

Good advice. I can only echo that. As someone that platinumed 5 I could easily feel myself approaching the fatigue on the series. I've reset that by playing a metric ton of RPGs since(P5, 2 trails games, Nioh demo :p), which is funny cause now I'm fatigued on those and plan to reset that with Y0.

But yeah basically Yakuza seems to be a series where each game has so much cool stuff that if you want to experience it all it borders on too much. I also assume the game share a lot of commonalities for side activities so I agree that people should take care to not ruin it for themselves by getting too much of it.
Yeah, I did the same with Yakuza 4 actually. After getting all the side stuff trophies and finishing the game twice back to back I felt really burned out so I stopped playing the series for a while.

Yakuza 5 seems to be even worse since the game is already too big/long. So I can't even imagine how would have I felt if I had tried to go for platinum.

yeah, on Saejima's story i was already feeling fatigue specially because i took my sweet time with Kiryu's lol

that's why i havent finished the game but i think ready to go back after im done with DeusEx and TLG
If you've been away for a while then you should be good for now. Though, my advice would still be to not spent too much time with Y5 and possibly save it for after Zero (or Kiwami) when we have a few Yakuza-less months.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Best point of entry. This and kiwami oh boy what a year

Oh yeah .. good year for Yakuza fans.

with Kiwami, this will basically be like Rogue One leading onto A New Hope .. ok maybe not *that* directly, but y'all get the idea :p

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Why are there so many Yakuza threads? That's an honest question -- I dunno why this series seems to be catching on all of a sudden. It took y'all like a decade to get it.

I'm super excited for 0.

SephLuis

I've never played or heard of Yakuza before. When i saw this thread i as usual hit youtube.com and searched for "Yakuza 0 gameplay" to see what this is about. All i got was a guy in suit dancing during a mini-game. What. The. Hell. Is. This. Game.

Buy it and enjoy the ride. It's one of those games you just have to play it.

Why are there so many Yakuza threads? That's an honest question -- I dunno why this series seems to be catching on all of a sudden. It took y'all like a decade to get it.

I'm super excited for 0.

Me and other Yakuza fans can't shut up about it, so we're happy that we are hyping the game up. The series always deserved more hype and sales and this is probably the best chance.

TL21xx

Banned
Thanks for the reminder OP, I need to get my pre-order in for it. So glad we have a physical release for this one, and am glad that we've got Yakuza back. Let's make sure we don't lose it again!

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

I'm super excited for 0.

Because these are great games and they deserve the exposure, if it helps sell more copies and ensures the future games will have localized releases too, that's awesome.

Tizoc

This games needs to be on Clueless Gamer.
It should feature footage of the combat/Heat actions and footage of the absurd side quests that Kiryu and Majima get themselves into.

This games needs to be on Clueless Gamer.
It should feature footage of the combat/Heat actions and footage of the absurd side quests that Kiryu and Majima get themselves into.

Don't forget the phone booth mini-game. Man, Conan will love this game lol

Top Bottom