• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamers got to take some responsibility for the dookie products

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
Yes these game publishers are mostly greedy bastards that do not care about the quality of their product and their only goal is to maximize profits. If the same consumers keep buying the same shit products on the other hand, maybe some need to take responsibility.

Lets look at just a few main examples of complaints around the web:

Call of Duty sucks: No shit sherlock. I stopped playing it over 10 years ago. With that said, they slap a new coat of paint on the same rehased product and it sells millions. I cant blame the company for all of this. If I were Activision and know that I can just put out minimum effort and still make millions every year. Why not?

Madden Sucks: It has for well over a decade and it still sells millions. I do not care that it;'s the only NFL Game. I am a huge NFL fan myself but refuse to shell out money for garbage. They put in minimum effort every year and it sells millions. Can I blame EA for selling to mindless people? I do not

Still haven't gotten a GTA 6? Blame the millions of little kids that flood the gta servers. Rockstar is making money by selling these $100 shark cards. I respect Rockstar for supporting their games but they have no incentive to make a new GTA while the current one has been selling well for over a decade. To top it off, lets not just remake it for the ps4/xboxone generation lets do it again for the PS5/Series X generation.

My game is buggy and glitchy when I buy it day one: How many times are people going to get burned before they learn to wait to buy any release game. I have learned from experience that it is good to wait a week or two after launch to hear about how the game performs. AAA games are lacking quality control as well. These greedy publishers are sticking to their launch dates even when the games need more time.

Take responsiblity

itakeresponsibility.jpg

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Wah wah the game I look forward to isn't out yet so I'll bunch that up with 3 more unrelated things to make a thread, wah wah wah. Get a hobby or something.

All the shit YOU like is other people's casual crap nobody should play too, you know, today's "hardcore" whiners are yesterday's casuals to folks gaming longer.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Wah wah the game I look forward to isn't out yet so I'll bunch that up with 3 more unrealted things to make a thread, wah wah wah. Get a hobby or something.

All the shit YOU like is other people's casual crap nobody should play too, you know, today's "hardcore" whiners are yesterday's casuals to folks gaming longer.
9822fd7665cb11601cb7e0d439f8ac88.gif

kyussman

I've not spent a penny on gaming this gen............mtx greed,wokery,broken games,tired ass game design.........none of it is deserving of my ££££ these days.I've got other things to spend it on that respect my time.I still love the medium though,hope it turns around at some point.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Why does this thread feel like an intervention for rofif rofif ?
I am supporting NEW IP single player games. Games that I believe in.
I've bought Forspoken and Immortals of Aveum.
Forspoken actually turned out to be great.
Immortals still waits for it's turn. They are patching some stuff
I'm going to buy EDF6 day one and I hope it is massively buggy.
EDF is amazing. Can't wait for 6. We finished all edf games in coop split screen. It's so much fun

hepfom

COD has sucked for years but now all of sudden there are threads popping up about how much it sucks..... what could have happened to spur this sudden interest?
you're not seriously pretending that people haven't been bitching about COD for at least a decade are you?

R6Rider

Gold Member
Haven't bought yearly CoD trash since the original MW2 which was then traded for the vastly superior Bad Company 2.
Same thing applies for sports games in which the last game I bought was around 2005.

diffusionx

Gold Member
Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I don't understand why people feel they have to buy these fucking games. Like MW3 is so obviously an expansion that they turned into a full product because MW2 was so shitty and player counts dropped so fast. Charging $70 for that half-assed garbage is just exploitation. The MGS collection was so obviously going to be a lazy piece of shit. Yet people preordered, bought day one, and whined about it. Like nobody needs MW3 and MGS Collection in their lives. At the very least wait until it comes out and make an informed decision. But no, they need to consoooooooooom. I don't get it.

Last edited:
COD has sucked for years but now all of sudden there are threads popping up about how much it sucks..... what could have happened to spur this sudden interest?

Really man?? It's shouldn't be hard to understand why ..1. MW2 was supposed to have at least 2 years without a new Cod.
2. MW2 maps were supposed to come to ...Modern Warfare 2!
3. By the time they finally improved MW2 we learn that the supposed"dlc" was being rolled over to a new game ...coming just 1 year after MW2

So already starting off on the wrong foot ...then ..

4. MW3 campaign turns out to be the shortest in history of franchise ..3 hours shorter than the shortest game prior ...it's obvious this was originally meant to be dlc for mw2 (and most likely cleaved out from mw2's campaign)
5. The maps for multiplayer are further proof of this blatant cash grab. There are other issues too like forced Crossplay, annoying ads, etc

I think there's ample reason why people are more vocal this time. You must think MW3 has a similar value/effort/content as prior games. I don't know how you can come to that conclusion though. This time around it's an egregious lack of effort and clear cash in of their fanbase.

StueyDuck

I 100% accept the responsibility for wolverine being poorly written. For as great as spiderman 2 is to play we've essentially given those terrible writers a golden ticket to shit up wolverine.

The game is the best selling playstation game so far of all time (at launch).

I feel like the middleman however should be taking the metaphorical bullet first for the shit and that's the games media, those cunts should be telling us about piss poor ports/performance, writing, gameplay, predatory MTXs and so on and so forth.

Games media need to better inform the public so the public don't buy shit day one and give the devs get out of jail free cards

I haven't bought a Madden since 06' I believe and before that 01'. I haven't bought a CoD since BO2 I think. It's been a while. I don't hate that they exist, they obviously have their player base, I just don't care for them, don't get excited, don't give a single shit about them. Everyone is awash with choice is just about every given genre, so it's ok for things to exist that aren't for you. It's also ok to voice your displeasure and champion for change too.

Fuck it I'll ad Baldur's Gate 3 to it.

No a patch with 1000 fixes 6 month after release is not something to champion.

And no bear sex scenes is not a valid excuse.

I dunno... I feel like if there's one game that I kinda understand and give a slight pass with...It's BG3. The amount of permutations for possibility is crazy and not every choice in every scenario can be attributed for.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Maybe I'm just out of the loop but I don't understand why people feel they have to buy these fucking games. Like MW3 is so obviously an expansion that they turned into a full product because MW2 was so shitty and player counts dropped so fast. Charging $70 for that half-assed garbage is just exploitation. The MGS collection was so obviously going to be a lazy piece of shit. Yet people preordered, bought day one, and whined about it. Like nobody needs MW3 and MGS Collection in their lives. At the very least wait until it comes out and make an informed decision. But no, they need to consoooooooooom. I don't get it.
Right. The faux-outrage is what kills me the most. Adults know the gamble they're getting into when it comes to some of these publishers. I wish many of these games would fail hard but people keep buying and people keep bitching and the usual suspect publishers do not give a shit to change anything. They have no reason to.

Kataploom

Gold Member
For all the shit Nintendo re-releases they get just because some don't get the appeal, they work day 1 without needing patches so buying them is most of the more justified than buying most AAA games day 1.

I still remember how Zelda SSHD got smashed by some youtubers for being "lazy" while they praised GTA Trilogy which didn't come out at the time... Like people started shitting on Nintendo and praising someone else without having the products in their hands.

Then when it came out... Oh, boy, it happened to be Nintendo the one that justified the price lol

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Buy RoboCop please.
oh 100% !
I am just waiting for DF video. I would like physical release on ps5 but probably steam version is 10x better
btw - Nice seeing you. I kinda missed your posts recently!

If people enjoy stuff enough to keep buying it then clearly the general consensus is that these things do in fact not suck, despite what insular enthusiast circles think.
a) most people are borderline retarded
b) most people are dumb with their money
c) games have been popular for a while now, so we get a lot of "most people".
d) that crap affect games (development, how they're sold, etc.)
e) duh

If people enjoy stuff enough to keep buying it then clearly the general consensus is that these things do in fact not suck, despite what insular enthusiast circles think.
"I enjoy doing heroin. It gives me the thrills. People who say it's bad are just haters. Toxic haters. "

Vick

oh 100% !
I am just waiting for DF video. I would like physical release on ps5 but probably steam version is 10x better
btw - Nice seeing you. I kinda missed your posts recently!
Thanks buddy. For what it's worth I've played up until the first shootout on PS5 Performance (not further because I want to finish the Terminator: Resistance DLC first before properly starting, and btw buy that game as well imo) and the game looked much, much better and especially sharper than I expected while running very smoothly.

If there's fluctuations I haven't noticed or at least haven't bothered me one bit, and believe me I'm usually bored by them.
I would just never complain about visuals or performances based on what I've played.

Also I don't think I've ever mentioned DualSense features as a plus in my life, but here they felt amazing and for sure added a lot to my enjoyment of the shootout..
Shootout I kept restarting and restarting for literal fucking hours because of how fun and cathartic it felt as a long time RoboCop fan.

Last edited:
Top Bottom