• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you couldn't play for any (moral) reason

But they sell their game for money...

Capitalism GIF by Fargo
Everyone works for free but me!

I really look forward to seeing answers from gaffers.
For me, the reason is mainly my Faith - some may be surprised, but I am a devoted Catholic, traditional Catholic, not like Joseph Biden.

1. That is why I never could really play GTAV, since it is just brutal and promotes crime. Period.
2. I bought CP77 day one on GOG, played like 1 hour, until I realized there is an occult stuff there, in regard to Tarot. Dumped game and never booted again. Shame since it looked attractive!
I've actually never heard of anyone being such a devout Catholic that they couldn't play a videogame. I was raised Catholic and went to church for many years but never had a any interest in actually believing in God outside of the interesting history behind religion. For example I watched Passion of the Christ recently and thought it was a pretty awesome movie but it didn't move me enough to want to go to church. However it did give me appreciation for Jesus Christ in terms of a historical figure because I love learning about ancient history.

Last edited:
Top Bottom