• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop US: you can get a PS5 for $15 by trading your Xbox Series X

Bernoulli

M2 slut
Right now, GameStop (US only) is running a promotion where Pro members get a bonus of $50 when trading in certain consoles like the Series X.
(If you're not already a Pro member, it'll be "free" after doing this deal.)

The current trade value for a Series X in good condition is $385, so with the bonus, that's $435;
a brand new PS5 is currently $450. You're only paying $15 out of pocket!

Values for other consoles after bonus are:

XBOX One S: $138.0 0 (88.00+50)

XBOX Series S: $242.50 (192.50+50)

You can trade multiple consoles and get the bonus for each.

lwX8Euq.jpg

BlackTron

Guys I wanted extra controllers so I got a used Series S with 2 controllers on Offer Up a while back for $150, I have it in excess of my X and PC. This is kinda insane. $242.50?

I might even get rid of the X, and just rock S and PC.

Or sell both...and just rock PC...lol

ToadMan

Presumably Gamestop think Starfield will drive Xbox console sales - even used ones.

MS think the same I guess because they’re putting up the prices on their stuff.

Also implies GameStop want to get rid of PS5 stock perhaps in anticipation of a new model. Is it the pro? Is it competitively priced enough to draw new buyers vs the old hardware so GS will clear old stock quickly?

It’s a good offer though - while starfield is coming, it’s playable in a lot of places so the console is irrelevant and perhaps even the worst place to play it.

TrueGrime

Presumably Gamestop think Starfield will drive Xbox console sales - even used ones.

MS think the same I guess because they’re putting up the prices on their stuff.

Also implies GameStop want to get rid of PS5 stock perhaps in anticipation of a new model. Is it the pro? Is it competitively priced enough to draw new buyers vs the old hardware so GS will clear old stock quickly?

It’s a good offer though - while starfield is coming, it’s playable in a lot of places so the console is irrelevant and perhaps even the worst place to play it.

Let's not read too much into this.

What OP failed to relay is that this offer works both ways for PS5 and Series X. You get the same promotion by bringing in either console.

Edit: Hmmmmm. Might've misread the meaning of your post. If so, my bad!

Last edited:
Top Bottom