• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gary Whitta : Bigger news than Xbox/Activision acquisition coming soon

Which are you ?

• #TeamReal

• #TeamFake

Results are only viewable after voting.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I mean.. honestly... there isn't much that could be bigger.

MS just bought the biggest company out there.

I do wonder if MS was forced into it because Sony is about to do something big.
Something like Sony buying GTA6 Exclusivity could have forced MS to buy Call of Duty.
These acquisitions are in the works for years. I’m sure Godd Howard said talks ongoing for over 24 months prior to announcement (not closure) - this isn’t knee jerk stuff.

Disney buys Sony
i-can-see-mdn7l8.jpg

If this guy is no stuffed shirt, what could it be? What could be bigger and who has the money for it? Guess only Apple/Amazon/Google/Tenscent/Microsoft. Somebody buying Valve? Steam games on Xbox? Sony and Nintendo teaming up? Can't wait to see.

Last edited:

Atrus

Gold Member
Given the consolidation of media, it’s only inevitable that game publishing consolidates between a handful of majors; Tencent, Apple, Microsoft, Amazon, Meta, Disney, Netflix.

I doubt Sony has the ability to compete other than to spin out its media, merge and then be consolidated under another trillion dollar company.

It’s also more and more likely that large tech companies like Microsoft, Apple, Google etc. will end up being broken up.

Last edited:

Buggy Loop

If anything, I can only think of one of these making a move, Microsoft has got to take a break right?

Apple*
Amazon*
Google*
Disney**

*buys whatever you can think of that remains outside Microsoft in the market, as they have so much fucking money.

** meh, hard time seeing Disney beat this deal

Last edited:

oldergamer

It would have to be Square getting bought by Sony. However almost all the games they make are playstation exclusive already, so not sure. Could be Square selling off crystal dynamics to MS?

dorkimoe

Gold Member
Gamepass on switch is the only bigger news. It would make me buy a switch again

Also nobody cares about square that’s not bigger than activision. Get outa here with that nonsense..

Last edited:

Holammer

Disney buys Sony
That or Sony/Nintendo merging are basically the two possible deals that would be bigger news than Microsofts acquisition of everything Activision-Blizzard.

It's almost difficult to wrap your head around the fact that MS will own COD, WoW, Starcraft, Diablo, Spyro, Overwatch, Crash and god knows what else? Lost Vikings!

Top Bottom