• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War collection being tested now

tusharngf

GEARS OF WAR COLLECTION BEING TESTED NOW, IT’S CLAIMED

gears-collection.jpg

For a while now, Gears of War fans have been on the edges of their seats waiting eagerly for news of the ‘Gears Collection’, a much-rumoured, reportedly in-development collection of classic Gears of War games recreated in Unreal Engine 5. Recently, during an episode of The Infinite Podcast, it was claimed that the Gears Collection is being internally tested by The Coalition, which has been creating Gears of War games since 2015’s Ultimate Edition of the first title.

‘Gears of War’s MCC’​

It has been said online that the Gears Collection would be Gears of War’s Master Chief Collection, bringing together all the classic games and seeing them remastered – or potentially rebuilt. There isn’t much known about the collection, but it’s suspected that it will include the Ultimate Edition, Gears 2, 3, 4, and Judgment recreations.

This information was circulated on Twitter by user Idle Sloth following a captured clip from The Infinite Podcast, during an episode which also saw claims surface that 343 Industries has had a hand working on the Indiana Jones game.

It was further claimed that The Coalition continues to work on an all-new IP away from Gears of War. It’s not at all known when the highly rumored Gears Collection might surface, but if it’s being tested now, it’s in a playable state – and if those playtests go well, it could be delivered within the next few months.

Bartski

Gold Member
Gears 1 made me buy a 360 and loved the trilogy back then but would I want to play a remaster of it today? Not really.

ManaByte

Gold Member
I played Fable Anniversary a couple of years ago on Series S and don’t recall a character creation element and I’ve just looked online and can’t find anything about that either.

The whole point of Fable is taking a character and it evolves good/evil over the course of the game. Fable 1 didn't allow you to choose male/female. But Fable II allowed you to chose male/female and III was prince/princess. The protagonist doesn't have a name. The idea is you're taking a blank slate character and making it what you what it to be over the course of the game through your actions, and they change appearance based on that.

Chukhopops

If it’s really MCC style I’m looking forward to the Horde playlists, will be really nice to switch gameplay style.

Not looking forward to all the garbage port begging posts though, I guess this is going to be in every Xbox thread now…

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Well the first one is definitely a remake since that's already available.

It's the same game, just with updated graphics.
And worse on all fronts. Worse graphics style and weird audio mix. The footsteps in ultimate edition are so loud. It’s buggy.

YuLY

I've waited to finish this trilogy as a PC gamer since 2008 after I played the first. Finally.

Games from a bygone era where you had 6h tight campaigns with no bloat and good stories. They are literally no longer making this type of games, at least on the AAA level.

Last edited:

Banjo64

cumsessed
The whole point of Fable is taking a character and it evolves good/evil over the course of the game. Fable 1 didn't allow you to choose male/female. But Fable II allowed you to chose male/female and III was prince/princess. The protagonist doesn't have a name. The idea is you're taking a blank slate character and making it what you what it to be over the course of the game through your actions, and they change appearance based on that.
Well you don’t create the character then. It just changes appearance based on your decisions. So the trailer wench is going to be in the game, probably as the female (or only) character.

Robb

Gold Member
I’ll keep an eye on it but I don’t really like how the characters control like tanks. Way too heavy and slow. Doubt they’ll change that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom