• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War collection being tested now

Senua

james franco GIF
Seriously lol

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Back when the franchise was good. I'm curious as to how much work they put in to them. Is it just going to be higher res/frames?

JayK47

Would be nice if it included every gears game. I would definitely pick it up if it had all mainline games. This reminds me, I should also pick up the MCC.

Rac3r

I doubt they add gears to ps5 though, maybe bethesda games but big doubts about gears

Would be a terrible move to remake the gears trilogy and just dump it on Game Pass. Gears multiplayer on Xbox and PC is virtually dead. It’s time to reach more players, as Phil likes to say, or the collection will be DOA.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
I'll give it a go since it'll be on GP, but only if its a remake of some kind. If it's just remasters with better textures and lighting, I'll pass.

TheMan

Cautiously optimistic. But comparisons to MCC remind me of how it launched in such a sorry state. I hope the Coalition (which REALLY sounds like a wrestling group btw) gets it right

Shut0wen

Would be a terrible move to remake the gears trilogy and just dump it on Game Pass. Gears multiplayer on Xbox and PC is virtually dead. It’s time to reach more players, as Phil likes to say, or the collection will be DOA.
Naah gears 5 still has shit load of people, gears 3 to this day still has people playing on it, couldnt say if ulimate edition and 4 does though

Rac3r

Naah gears 5 still has shit load of people, gears 3 to this day still has people playing on it, couldnt say if ulimate edition and 4 does though
Whenever I boot up Gears 5, half of my public matches are filled with bots, and it takes at least 10 minutes to find a ranked match...

Just did some searching and a rumor serviced in 2022 so I suppose if it was started a year prior it could be a UE5 remake rather than some remastered versions.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Question is was this master collection needed?
Fucking of course.
Especially if it's coming to pc.
Amazing games (original trilogy).
We still need the darkness port to pc and I might finally put 360 in the closet

Ozriel

M$FT

Any multiplayer game that doesn’t resonate on Xbox or PC won’t have an audience on PlayStation 😂

Day 1 GP and Steam release pushes it to a lot of people.

S0ULZB0URNE

Gears 2 and 3 are 4K native in BC.
Being I actually played it unlike some of the cheerleaders... I knew this as it looks dirty upscaled to 1440p(maybe cause the original res is 720p)
It did feel better at 60fps but online play is lag city unfortunately.

"However, backwards compatibility has completely transformed Gears of War 3, and after its most recent update, it feels like a modern game. This one now runs at 1440p and 60 frames per-second using FPS Boost, on both Xbox Series S and X (although the FPS Boost feature has to be activated manually)."

ManaByte

Gold Member
Being I actually played it unlike some of the cheerleaders... I knew this as it looks dirty upscaled to 1440p(maybe cause the original res is 720p)
It did feel better at 60fps but online play is lag city unfortunately.

"However, backwards compatibility has completely transformed Gears of War 3, and after its most recent update, it feels like a modern game. This one now runs at 1440p and 60 frames per-second using FPS Boost, on both Xbox Series S and X (although the FPS Boost feature has to be activated manually)."

It’s full 4K according to DF

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I would love this depending on the changes made.

Would easily blast through on hardest difficulty with a buddy in co op for all 3.

Jesb

Would be really interested even if it’s just optimized for 4K. Full on remakes I don’t think are necessary. The games still look good.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
One of the most consistent franchises out there. Not a bad entry (other than maybe Judgment).

I'd rank them as such:

1. Gears of War 2
  2. Gears 5: Hivebusters
  3. Gears of War 3
  4. Gears 5
  5. Gears of War 4
  6. Gears of War
  7. Gears of War: Judgment

This post is regarded as a war crime.

Gears 1
Gears 3
Gears 2