• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War collection being tested now

Lx4rHLK.png

I haven't seen an uglier AAA game protagonist, WTF are Playground games thinking?
On topic, I hope this release is better than the half-baked MCC.
Playground has gone all in on manly women in case you hadn’t already noticed my friend. Like Naughty Dog and others. It’s their way of feeling good about themselves for not ‘Objectifying’ women……..bunch of shite.

And worse on all fronts. Worse graphics style and weird audio mix. The footsteps in ultimate edition are so loud. It’s buggy.
Wait really? I got it for a few quid a few weeks back when I got my series x. Got thr dollar gamepass and bought as many under $10 deals I could find. Mostly og and 360 games. Gears remake was one so never got the 360 ver. Sad to hear. Would it be bad for someone who hasn't really played it? (played a level or two on gfwl on Vista back in the day, but don't remember it).

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Speaking of Gears 1, I was never able to do it but in the final boss fight with Raam I just killed him with sniper shots after dispersing the crows enough times.

But there was always that troika machine gun on the far side. I was never able to successfully use it to kill Raam. Was it even possible?

Rac3r

Any multiplayer game that doesn’t resonate on Xbox or PC won’t have an audience on PlayStation 😂

Day 1 GP and Steam release pushes it to a lot of people.

You’re right, it’s a great business decision. Sell the same games to the same people instead of an untapped user base of 50+ million people. Bravo.

Ozriel

M$FT
You’re right, it’s a great business decision. Sell the same games to the same people instead of an untapped user base of 50+ million people. Bravo.

Same people? How many of the earlier Gears games are on Steam?

If the only calculus in these things was ‘a whole new untapped playerbase’, you’d also see Sony first party games launching on Xbox and Switch 2.

Last edited:

Crew511A

5 is great
Yeah, I liked it to. That boss where you had to shoot the ice, or whatever it was, gave me absolute fits of rage, and there were some...curious story decisions, but I enjoyed it.

After the debacles that were Halo Infinite and Forza Motorsport, MS needs to make sure the next Gears game is an absolute banger on Day 1.

//DEVIL//

Gears 4 and 5 were such a drag to me I actually was painfully playing trying to get the end of both games.

both JD and the bitch that I forgot her name are annoying. I liked Marcus and Dom story.

I mean I sometimes do not understand Devs. you are in a fucking worse than an Armageddon situation where not only your planet is in shit situation, you are also being attacked by aliens. by default your character should be someone who went to hell and back to be able to carry a suicide missions to save what is left of the humanity. yet we get playable character like this wuss JD and the girl he is trying to fuck. or fat Aloy with all her colour dresses and shit. Why ?? it so off and to me it does break the game immersion.

hopefully they upgrade the graphics in the first 3 games up to gears 5 level since they have the engine already. otherwise I don't see the point. the 360 enhanced ports on Series consoles are just fine.

Last edited:

simpatico

Gears 4 and 5 were such a drag to me I actually was painfully playing trying to get the end of both games.

both JD and the bitch that I forgot her name are annoying. I liked Marcus and Dom story.

I mean I sometimes do not understand Devs. you are in a fucking worse than an Armageddon situation where not only your planet is in shit situation, you are also being attacked by aliens. by default your character should be someone who went to hell and back to be able to carry suicide missions to save what is left of humanity. yet we get playable character like this Wuss JD and the girl he is trying to fuck. or fat Aloy with all her colour dresses and shit. Why ?? it so off and to me it does break the game immersion.

hopefully they upgrade the graphics in the first 3 games up to gears 5 level since they have the engine already. otherwise I don't see the point. the 360 enhanced ports on Series consoles are just fine.
But everyone loves plucky one liner zingers and girl bosses. Sweet Baby told us so.

nick776

Well, they only got super woke Spiderman last year so I'm sure you can understand their fanfic wet dreams of getting some Xbox games.
Who could forget the "All Gender Bathrooms" in Spiderman 2. What total nonsense. The first time I saw that a wave of disgust washed over me.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Wait really? I got it for a few quid a few weeks back when I got my series x. Got thr dollar gamepass and bought as many under $10 deals I could find. Mostly og and 360 games. Gears remake was one so never got the 360 ver. Sad to hear. Would it be bad for someone who hasn't really played it? (played a level or two on gfwl on Vista back in the day, but don't remember it).
I guess it’s ok for someone without fond memories of original release.
Another problem with every release after original 360 is the awful, pace breaking level after you leave Marcus home. The so called brumak level.
It was added to gfwl release on pc and I never liked it

Hudo

for some reason, I've never been able to get into Gears of War. I can see why people celebrated it during the 360 era. And I respect CliffyB's explanation of Gears being a "vertical platformer". Yet, I never quite "got it". I always felt like "that's it?".

But I am happy for those folks who are really looking forward to this!

poodaddy

for some reason, I've never been able to get into Gears of War. I can see why people celebrated it during the 360 era. And I respect CliffyB's explanation of Gears being a "vertical platformer". Yet, I never quite "got it". I always felt like "that's it?".

But I am happy for those folks who are really looking forward to this!
Same here to the T man. Good way to put it too, as I honestly never mention it to anyone as I don't want to disappoint them, but the series just has never grabbed me.

I tried 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 for at least an hour each, and I tried 2, 4, and 5 on co-op as well just to see if that would take; didn't work.

I tried the multiplayer for 5, as I know a lot of people love the multiplayer for these games, and it wasn't my thing either despite me being admittedly weirdly good at it, which doesn't even make sense as I don't typically play online and I almost never play third person shooters, but I digress.

I wish I could figure out what it is that makes these games so legendary to so many, but I can't. They're definitely well made, that's an objective fact, but they just don't pull me in for some reason.

Last edited:

Hugare

... And of course I'm just finishing replaying the whole franchise on Xenia

This is will be a god send, 'cause 2/3/Judgement never made it to PC. Never made any sense to have only the first entry on PC.

And to this day, its such a good series. Saturation came fast after the 2nd one, but they are still a good time. They all play so well.

rkofan87

Gold Member
Same here to the T man. Good way to put it too, as I honestly never mention it to anyone as I don't want to disappoint them, but the series just has never grabbed me.

I tried 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 for at least an hour each, and I tried 2, 4, and 5 on co-op as well just to see if that would take; didn't work.

I tried the multiplayer for 5, as I know a lot of people love the multiplayer for these games, and it wasn't my thing either despite me being admittedly weirdly good at it, which doesn't even make sense as I don't typically play online and I almost never play third person shooters, but I digress.

I wish I could figure out what it is that makes these games so legendary to so many, but I can't. They're definitely well made, that's an objective fact, but they just don't pull me in for some reason.
same for me its to hard even on easy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Speaking of Gears 1, I was never able to do it but in the final boss fight with Raam I just killed him with sniper shots after dispersing the crows enough times.

But there was always that troika machine gun on the far side. I was never able to successfully use it to kill Raam. Was it even possible?
this boss was the bane of this games existence and should've been revamped for the ultimate edition. never in my entire life have i gone from enjoying a game to disliking it this quickly. from a masterpiece to utter turd in one more decision.

Senua

Yea I remember using the mounted turret, may have been in coop

S0ULZB0URNE

With you there. Playing 5 on the Steam Deck at the moment as I dropped it on release. Couldn't give a flying fuck about the story, but the set pieces and all the action is top tier stuff. I'm having a great time with it and I can't wait to start Hive Busters.
I keep forgetting to get hive busters.
I put it to the side as I thought $20 was kinda high.

Dibils2k

i would love it, my fav franchise ever but havent touched it for few years now, this would be a good excuse to get back into it

i wonder/hope this is shown in the xbox showcase on 18th

Last edited:

TheShocker

I love gears. Played and beaten all of them. This collection is about two years too late imo. Give us the next installment.

Top Bottom