• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Generic accident story

Status
Not open for further replies.

way more

I was waiting to be picked up from the gym because my car had broken down in the parking lot and the there was a hit and run. I didnt' see it happen but I noticed something twisted near the entrance. It was dark and raining and from a distance it looked like it was a bike. As I got closer I could see it was a girl and I could heard that sort of choking-laughing-pain. Running in the gym a guy with a defibrillator sprinted past me and I could see the phone lines were already full. I decided to wait near my car.

My dad pulled up beside me but I hadn't noticed. He asked if there had been a fight, I said no, an accident. He walked up and kneeled next to the girl, he said “I’m a doctor,” but no one really listened. Some guy held the girl's head still while another held her hand. She had a hysterical friend who was under a blanket saying junk like, “I just want to go home and eat dinner and sit with my dad and just get out of here and go home.” He asked the girl to move her hands, her feet, and where it hurt, some girl was like “excuse me I’m a lifeguard.”

“I’m a doctor, so I outrank you,” my dad said in a kind of pissed off joking tone.

The girl was lying on her back in the rain. She was in the middle of the road and looked so helpless, and she kept repeating that she couldn't feel her hands. Her friend was breaking down and crowd just kind of milled around.

Everyone around us was talking into their cell phones, my dad took one to report what happened. He told me that he hung up when they started asking him the address, his name, etc.

Two paramedics, two fire trucks and a police crusier showed up, probably because 30 people reported the accident. We left as they started to move her. Walking away he said, “She’s fine, just hysterical and hyperventalating.”
He then asked about the car. Going home his car wouldn't start and I had one of those yearly nano-seconds where I thought something was destined to happen.

I've seen my dad in the ER where he joked more and could cheer people up. Out there, he seemed like he was pissed with all the gawkers, self-titled first-aid medics, and hysterics. I hoped he would loudly announce, "I'm a doctor, what seems to be the problem?" while he controlled the situation and then rode to the hospital with the patient. I guess he's getting older and those sort of theatrics aren't important.

no-princess-here.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom