• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genesis Noir Xbox One Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

A noir adventure spanning time and space...Genesis Noir will launch on Xbox One and Game Pass on March 26!

Kuranghi

Looks cool, at first I was going to say this is such an OLED game since due to the art style but I rescind that now the trailer is done since its actually mostly near black and not true blacks so it will maybe be a bit messy in the darker parts of the image on OLED. Anyway thats Kuranghi's mind fart TV comment of the day, thanks for reading.

Turnstyle

This is on Game Pass now.

Been looking forward to it for a while, sold on the presentation alone. And yes, the visuals are stunning. It really captures the style it's going for, and and the trippy animation and audio is a treat. Just a shame that the actual gameplay is at best, dull, and at worst, frustrating. Essentially it's a series of meandering, aimless mini games. It's rare for me to want LESS gameplay in a game. It's simply not enjoyable.

I notice that some reviewers have given the game high praise, with Metacritic showing some reviewers scoring it as high as 90. Rest assured that these reviews have been blindsided by the (admittedly) gorgeous visuals, and completely disregarded the actual game part.

Still, it does prove as a great reminder of how awesome Game Pass is, and I don't feel too burned for having tried it out.

nikolino840

More then a game is an interactive painting..i've played at night after work...maybe i was too tired too see if it's a sorta of expressionism/symbolism or like guernica by picasso that you have to see the real theme..i don't know

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Nice for those interested, but doesn't look like something I would be interested in. Not a fan of the art style at all.

Pantz

Played the demo way back and really did not like it. Definitely one that's not for me. I could see others liking it though.

jaysius

Banned
This game is odd, it's interesting, but sometimes what to do is really hard to figure out, then somethings go too long, there's a part very early on where you have to rotate your stick to make a star bush, that takes really too long, about 1-2 minutes of rotating the stick or more, it's a neat concept but stretched too far. The Saturn level too where you have to walk INTO Saturn but the model pushes you away so it's not obvious, that sucks too. The story is clever though, the music is great.

When it's all working the game is quite an interesting experience.

Last edited:

TLZ

Banned
This game is odd, it's interesting, but sometimes what to do is really hard to figure out, then somethings go too long, there's a part very early on where you have to rotate your stick to make a star bush, that takes really too long, about 1-2 minutes of rotating the stick or more, it's a neat concept but stretched too far. The Saturn level too where you have to walk INTO Saturn but the model pushes you away so it's not obvious, that sucks too. The story is clever though, the music is great.

I've had sort of the same experience. Weird but interesting. Except I didn't find anything hard. My fav one was
the NASA bit where you have to play with different settings on multiple devices to figure out the wave.

GhostOfTsu

Banned

I downloaded this on GP after deleting Octopath and Undertale because point-and-click adventures used to be my favorite genre. It looks interesting but it's really not that clear what you're supposed to do or what's the point? Way too experimental.

This was never going to get any attention or sell copies so I'm not sure why MS paid for this. Get that cheque I guess.

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Played a lil bit, like the style but when I had turn the stick round for like a 100 times to let some stupid flower grow I deleted it with the quickness.

Top Bottom