• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nobody Wants to Die (PC, PS5, XBOX, 2024)

Kurotri

This game just got announced a few hours ago! It's made by a newly established game studio in Poland called Critical Hit Games. It's their first game, coming out this year.

Reveal trailer:

Screenshots:
GIfiOveWwAIoOvc
GIfiSKWWYAAqCcu

GIfiUV6W0AAB8cN
GIfiWJiXEAEtNWK

Short game description:
Lose yourself in the dystopian world of New York in the year 2329 in Nobody Wants to Die, a new detective noir adventure where immortality comes at a price that someone has to pay. As Detective James Karra, you'll lead the investigation using advanced technology, risking it all in pursuit of a serial killer targeting the city’s elite. Nobody Wants to Die is Coming to PC, Xbox Series X|S, and PlayStation 5 in 2024.
Steam page:

Last edited:

Kuranghi

Well that's an ace trailer, but I doubt the game will be anything like this.

They even rendered the sequence out at 60fps to make it seem more like its a real computer game, good work lads 😬

Xtib81

Looks very interesting. Need to see some gameplay but some screenshots are reminiscent of BioShock.

Xtib81

Gears of War 1 was made by a team of 40 people. Maybe UE5 allows them to make games more efficiently.

Or maybe this is a walking simulator lmao
May this be true, but Gears was made 20 years ago ^^ I wouldn't hold my breath for this new game, there has to be a catch.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Clever mix of in-game and prerendered scenes.
Trash nouveo sci-fi aesthethic for me. I grew tired of it.
I won't believe it until we get gameplay.

Gears of War 1 was made by a team of 40 people. Maybe UE5 allows them to make games more efficiently.

Or maybe this is a walking simulator lmao
Mam I miss early 2000s

So much less tense and energetic. Much less riskaverse industry.
I wish what you said is true but it seems that UE5 is not lowering budgets and making games easier to make....
In a way YES - You have unreal editor, store, tons of assets, quixel megascan assets and so on. But if you have to create your own stuff it got to be top quality and it's not cheap.
Also - ue5 allows people to make games.... who should not be making games more often than not. People who are not devs, who don't know programming or a thing about the industry.
And answering your post from graphics thread - No. It woun't look better on my 3080 vs consoles. Games look the same everywhere now with differences that have to be pointed out to be seen or just resolution.
Unless they pull crysis1 on us which they won't

But let's be a bit more optimistic.

YuLY

Like someone already mentioned, is this walking sim with puzzles or does it also have combat ?

CamHostage

The description is out, and it's fairly clear that this is not a combat-based game if that's what people are clicking to see.

This is a detective adventure game, where you use special time dilation tools and other sci-fi devices to investigate murder scenes. (It's not fully described if there is a portion of the world to navigate in some form while investigating or if you simply go from crime scene to crime scene to solve murder puzzles with dialog in between, but it seems more likely the latter.)

Steam Description said:
Experience a noir adventure in an alternate future of New York City in 2329; technology has advanced to offer humans eternal life, allowing consciousness to be stored in memory banks or transferred from one body to another. That is, if you can afford the subscription.

See through the eyes of Mortality Department Detective James Karra on his hunt for a serial killer who targets the city’s elite citizens. Investigate crime scenes using his time manipulation augmentation and advanced technology to reconstruct events leading up to each murder and uncover clues that lead to the horrifying truth behind the murders.

Lose yourself in a dystopian future through this meaningful and original interactive detective story, that explores the dangers of transhumanism and immortality. In a world of eternal life and vanishing morality, you, a hardened detective, must navigate the lines of right and wrong in a society where death is a distant memory.

Last edited:

StueyDuck

This game just got announced a few hours ago! It's made by a newly established game studio in Poland called Critical Hit Games. It's their first game, coming out this year.

Reveal trailer:

Screenshots:
GIfiOveWwAIoOvc
GIfiSKWWYAAqCcu

GIfiUV6W0AAB8cN
GIfiWJiXEAEtNWK

Short game description:

Steam page:

European devs continue leading the way

GymWolf

I don't care much for the concept but the graphic looks impressive (and probably faker than your average kpop female singer).

The description is out, and it's fairly clear that this is not a combat-based game if that's what people are clicking to see.

This is a detective adventure game, where you use special time dilation tools and other sci-fi devices to investigate murder scenes. (It's not fully described if there is a portion of the world to navigate in some form while investigating or if you simply go from crime scene to crime scene to solve murder puzzles with dialog in between, but it seems more likely the latter.)
Hmm. Okay, not that's not what I expected. I hope they provide some gameplay vids for further transparency/clarity.

ShadowNate

Blade Runner and Bioshock vibes. And maybe Signularity too?

Looks really good too, so it has my interest for now. I would like to see actual gameplay though.

Also, I think I've seen the Studio's logo in a game before. How new are they?

nemiroff

Gold Member
The trailer is technically and artistically sound. But, you know, there wasn't even a second of gameplay.. So.. Yeah.. I guess I'll just toss this one into the "I don't really care"-bin for now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom