• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Fake

Despite how you feel about individual character designs, you should never cheerlead censorship IMO, especially to this level. Just because they're removing things you don't like right now doesn't mean that will always be the case.

Agree with you 100%. I not a selective censorship guy, censor is censor no matter what.

With make me wonder those guys saying 'Its JuSt BoObS' or 'WhAt ThE BiG dEaL' gonna react to this, IMO they never cared about censor, in fact they would accept all this censor IF was not the 'communist party' there.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
That doesn't mean we shoul rejoice at censorship.
I rejoice at what I like hah

That means we have to keep criticizing it and fighting back.
Sure, sure, go for it, power to people etc. Goodluck in your freedom fighting endeavors guys, keep me updated.

Also, I hope the part about the bugs means they will have to stop ignoring Xynian lmao
Seriously. I wish to see how they will achieve it. Or it all will be left on paper like the most government regulations everywhere and they will just go for pantsu removal lol

BlackM1st

Banned
I guess update us on the taste of CCP boot then?
The moment I'll taste it I'll let you all know, no worries. So far I see no problems with GI and CCP guidelines because it's basically the same already. Except maybe for femboys. Femboys will be out, no more false advertisements and more strict bugs control. The moment it will bother me, I'll let you know obviously. Before that let me celebrate changes I support 💯.

As for censorship as a whole... it's everywhere and I can't say that CCP one affects me in any way shape or form as I'm thankfully don't live there.

Just because we don't have a chance of affecting change with it doesn't mean we have to support it either.
I support what I like and don't support what I don't like. I don't support censorship of word MOTHER or a certain honey loving character, but again, who in CCP cares about my opinion, really? It's totally on Chinese people. Also on Japan to pick up the gacha flag and make it great again. So far they refuse.

I guess I'll wait and see. Talking politics will lead us nowhere, POLITICS forum on Gaf was nuked for a reason I think 🤔

So, Xingu gonna be a girl or a boy now?
I think it's just no future characters will be like him, as new regulations doesn't affect already released content.

And what about Chongcoso+Xingcoso gay romance?
Be ignored.

Chongus gonna get Xinyan as the lore suggest.
Most probable scenario IF MiHo will even bother with touching older characters.

Is aiming the bow meant to be super hard on controller?

You have to press circle and use the right stick and it feels like I'm missing something. It's very hard to be precise.

BlackM1st

Banned

You have to press circle and use the right stick and it feels like I'm missing something. It's very hard to be precise.
Really? Um... L2 to aim, R2 to shoot iirc. ○ is for auto attack quick shooting.

I play with Cocogoat and never had any problems with her aiming on PC or PS4/PS5.

Last edited:

Fake

Yeah, bow chars sucks from both aim and auto attack unless Ganyu machine gun.

Last edited:
Really? Um... L2 to aim, R2 to shoot iirc. ○ is for auto attack quick shooting.

I play with Cocogoat and never had any problems with her aiming on PC or PS4/PS5.
I see. I didn't know you could use trigger buttons to aim in this, that would make a lot more sense. :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

This game is quite deep still trying to figure a lot of it out, but it's really fun so far.

Last edited:

Fake

No way man. Auto attack sucks, but not the aiming. Aiming is easy/standard as in any game. L2 aim R2 shoot. No ○ needed for aiming.

Aim sucks too, people barely used as they should, like aim weak point, using in Abyss, etc... As much I like Amber bow users suck in general, unless they're powerful there is nothing you can do about, like Venti skill spam.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

The moment I'll taste it I'll let you all know, no worries. So far I see no problems with GI and CCP guidelines because it's basically the same already. Except maybe for femboys. Femboys will be out, no more false advertisements and more strict bugs control. The moment it will bother me, I'll let you know obviously. Before that let me celebrate changes I support 💯.

As for censorship as a whole... it's everywhere and I can't say that CCP one affects me in any way shape or form as I'm thankfully don't live there.

I support what I like and don't support what I don't like. I don't support censorship of word MOTHER or a certain honey loving character, but again, who in CCP cares about my opinion, really? It's totally on Chinese people. Also on Japan to pick up the gacha flag and make it great again. So far they refuse.

I guess I'll wait and see. Talking politics will lead us nowhere, POLITICS forum on Gaf was nuked for a reason I think 🤔

I think it's just no future characters will be like him, as new regulations doesn't affect already released content.

Be ignored.

Most probable scenario IF MiHo will even bother with touching older characters.
Supporting/not support censorship is not politics, and frankly i'm surprised you're taking that as your escape route from the conversation, but I digress. I'll leave it at that.

Regarding your points, I too don't really care if we lose femboys or same sex relationships, but it's still the principal that the devs are no longer to make the game as they envisioned it, that's the part that's troubling to me. It's way too early to really tell how this is going to effect Genshin and other CN long term, so I guess I'll just say that I'm in a "Wait and see" approach, but again I really don't like the idea that the people in charge of creative decisions for the game are now given a list of acceptable and not-acceptable things that they can do.

I do agree that JP/KR/other territories need to step it up and provide some alternatives. For the past few years, CN has been dominating the non-westernized gaming market on mobile, and they're rapidly expanding into the AAA space with that WuKong game and a few others. I think the part that benefits them over other areas is that for the most part, they don't give a fuck what the US thinks about their games. I admire that, as a US citizen, since games/movies/media has been fucked here for a while. Meanwhile in JP we see companies like S-E jumping on board with their diversity team bullshit instead of just making games that appeal to them and their audience.

BlackM1st

Banned
I really don't like the idea that the people in charge of creative decisions for the game are now given a list of acceptable and not-acceptable things that they can do.
Same happens on the West. It's just the guidelines are mostly unwritten and pushed forward by pink haired weirdos from Twitter. Bend the knee or else.

Supporting/not support censorship is not politics
Sure it is when it's a government pushed censorship. It's the definition of political censorship.

i'm surprised you're taking that as your escape route from the conversation
It will lead us absolutely nowhere. I support some of the guidelines, you guys are against any guidelines whatsoever. K. That's not changing no matter how many posts we will make.

Pejo

Well, finally got the Rank10 fame Inazuma wings today. Looks great on Keq/Shogun/Fischl. I'm actually impressed how universal the concert wings were previously though. There were only a few characters that they didn't really work on. We still need a good red themed set of wings though *cough* KFC *cough*.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm actually impressed how universal the concert wings were previously though. There were only a few characters that they didn't really work on
"Gold" is pretty universal color. Plus, look closely at heroes costumes, most of them use golden accents/golden like stitching. This stitching even has reflective properties and changes/shines depending on the lighting/camera angles.

BlackM1st

Banned
Its A Trap Movie GIF by Star Wars

Pejo

Dunno, venti never looked like a girl to me, he reminds me of peter pan.

That list is pretty awful, it's social control on a religious level.
Technically Venti isn't even a human, he's a genderless wind wisp, but yea at first I thought he was kinda built as a trap, especially since most of his design was from a female character in Honkai (Wendy). The more you interact with him, his personality is more of a smartass lazy dude. Peter Pan is a pretty good comparison. I actually don't mind Venti. Xingqui on the other hand is a design that is clearly one of those, "Make it a woman, call it a man" designs.

Last edited:
MiHoYo held a digital concert today for Honkai (timestamped):

They also announced Star Rail there and some more content for the game-within-a-game A post honkai odyssey:

Last edited:
Mei's segment in the concert was pretty sick, the way they made here theme reflect what she was going through and then culminating in the "determined mei" version of it was brilliant.
They should just rename the game to Mei Impact.

YukiOnna

Funny you mention that. The Childe part of the Genshin concert was by far the best 'put together' thematically. I was pretty impressed with that. Also, the arrangement on Ganyu's theme was really fucking good.
They gave him the special treatment of going from Letter from Ajax to all 3 Phases. Not complaining though, his music is worth it. And yeah, Ganyu's arrange & the choir on Dvalin's theme was great.

What's this... have I warmed up to Tartaglia?

I feel like GI is pretty safe from censorship - they might need to do few alterations on femboy characters (assuming old stuff is affected at all) but they already show Inazuna in bad light as a region and characters from there are underpowered :D

I'm worried about Azur Lane since it falls into glorification of weapons of war pretty much totally.
And Fate franchise as a whole seems to be dead in China now with those rules.

Pejo

I feel like GI is pretty safe from censorship - they might need to do few alterations on femboy characters (assuming old stuff is affected at all) but they already show Inazuna in bad light as a region and characters from there are underpowered :D

I'm worried about Azur Lane since it falls into glorification of weapons of war pretty much totally.
And Fate franchise as a whole seems to be dead in China now with those rules.
Azur Lane/GFL are toast for sure, Fate is probably not worth all the effort it would take to properly censor/change everything. I picture we're going to see mass name/story changes in all of those games, completely removing the connection between the boats/guns and the characters. I'm curious to see how many companies are going to move their HQ to other countries. GFL has been getting shit on by CN for a while now, and they're on the verge of releasing their sequel, so I find it hard to believe that they'd just throw their hands up and take the loss.

They gave him the special treatment of going from Letter from Ajax to all 3 Phases. Not complaining though, his music is worth it. And yeah, Ganyu's arrange & the choir on Dvalin's theme was great.

What's this... have I warmed up to Tartaglia?
He still has the most fun kit in the game to actually play, IMO. Granted this is from a C6 angle, but the amount of different shit I can do with him has never let me down. Tart and Jean, while not the biggest numbers, are just so much fun to actually play. Plus he's the closest thing we have to a badass in this game, unless you count ol' dark and broody Diluc. I'm a little excited to see the upcoming Tart story, though not if it goes how it's rumored to go.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Azur Lane/GFL are toast for sure, Fate is probably not worth all the effort it would take to properly censor/change everything. I picture we're going to see mass name/story changes in all of those games, completely removing the connection between the boats/guns and the characters. I'm curious to see how many companies are going to move their HQ to other countries. GFL has been getting shit on by CN for a while now, and they're on the verge of releasing their sequel, so I find it hard to believe that they'd just throw their hands up and take the loss.

He still has the most fun kit in the game to actually play, IMO. Granted this is from a C6 angle, but the amount of different shit I can do with him has never let me down. Tart and Jean, while not the biggest numbers, are just so much fun to actually play. Plus he's the closest thing we have to a badass in this game, unless you count ol' dark and broody Diluc. I'm a little excited to see the upcoming Tart story, though not if it goes how it's rumored to go.
Would it affect AL's global servers though? Last I remember the previous censorship wave only hit the CN servers and had zero effect on Global IIRC.

I enjoyed using him a lot in the previous event where he was a trial option and his character story was gud. I wish I got spooked by Jean instead of Batman. Also, is this the story we're talking about since they mentioned this events story focuses on him and Xinyan or another?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
It will effect global on future content going forward. Less work to work on one version instead of 2. Gacha future is gonna suck unless Japan gets in on the scene.

Top Bottom