• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

Azur Lane/GFL are toast for sure, Fate is probably not worth all the effort it would take to properly censor/change everything. I picture we're going to see mass name/story changes in all of those games, completely removing the connection between the boats/guns and the characters. I'm curious to see how many companies are going to move their HQ to other countries. GFL has been getting shit on by CN for a while now, and they're on the verge of releasing their sequel, so I find it hard to believe that they'd just throw their hands up and take the loss.
Azur Lane I guess they could split both Chinese and Global/Japan versions totally or if they can't find another way selling game to Yostar is an option. GFL2 might be a toast through - they will need to go through new certification process since it isn't published yet.

YukiOnna

It will effect global on future content going forward. Less work to work on one version instead of 2. Gacha future is gonna suck unless Japan gets in on the scene.
YoStar Japan manages the Global Version since I think it's entirely separate IIRC. At least for AK and AL's case.

BlackM1st

Banned
Azur Lane I guess they could split both Chinese and Global/Japan versions totally or if they can't find another way selling game to Yostar is an option. GFL2 might be a toast through - they will need to go through new certification process since it isn't published yet.
GFL2 will do fine, they're already making game about Androids with normal human names who just happen to wield weapons. Not gun waifus.

Plus, GFL has uncensor code for West. GFL 2 will have a 3d models, so best case scenario history will repeat itself. Worst? "Genshinification" of said 3D models.

Azur Line? Hm... Well, gameplay there is basically non existent so there's only sex appeal left. I'm legit worried for them, but again, global can be different from local. I doubt that its fanbase really cares about ship waifus names or historical accuracy lol

Genshin Impact is already like 99% made according to the new(?) government guidelines. They will not remove femboys, just don't expect to see more of them in the future. I just sad that there will be no gray area in story telling. But eh. We still genocide entire nations and make Timmy cry, so I'll try to adjust my expectations.

Pejo

GFL2 will do fine, they're already making game about Androids with normal human names who just happen to wield weapons. Not gun waifus.

Plus, GFL has uncensor code for West. GFL 2 will have a 3d models, so best case scenario history will repeat itself. Worst? "Genshinification" of said 3D models.

Azur Line? Hm... Well, gameplay there is basically non existent so there's only sex appeal left. I'm legit worried for them, but again, global can be different from local. I doubt that its fanbase really cares about ship waifus names or historical accuracy lol

Genshin Impact is already like 99% made according to the new(?) government guidelines. They will not remove femboys, just don't expect to see more of them in the future. I just sad that there will be no gray area in story telling. But eh. We still genocide entire nations and make Timmy cry, so I'll try to adjust my expectations.
You know it's funny that you mention genshinifcation. A lot of the mandates that China has made for gaming have already been implemented in Genshin since the beta. Stuff like censored pantyshots, no upskirting camera tricks, reduced booba and no cleavage, etc. At this point, it seems like they probably knew about the upcoming regulations early and built the game with those in mind. Other than the Chongus/Xingqui relationship and femboys, there's really nothing left to take out. The previous censorship makes a lot more sense after all this info is out to the public now.

*edit*

Childe EN VA in the hospital with a collapsed lung.
50oi8cvwqlr71.png

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Other than the Chongus/Xingqui relationship and femboys, there's really nothing left to take out
Yeah, I think so too. IIRC it's the latest guideline together with limited playtime for kids. At least that's what made the biggest splash in the media.

Everything else could have been in the development for God knows how long and just went under the radar. Ayaka had proper underwear visible during closed beta, but her censored model leaked way before her release.

Pejo

Yeah, I think so too. IIRC it's the latest guideline together with limited playtime for kids. At least that's what made the biggest splash in the media.

Everything else could have been in the development for God knows how long and just went under the radar. Ayaka had proper underwear visible during closed beta, but her censored model leaked way before her release.
Fischl too, if you can believe it. I think hosiery and safety shorts are pretty much the standard for Genshin for eternity. It's fine though, the designs themselves are usually great, and the rest of the game is quality even though I complain about it a lot.

What is the best way to build barbara/sucrose? I got them in my team along baal and mc
Barbie wants Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayer (3* book, refined to rank 5 when you eventually can), and built for HP/Energy Recharge. That's her most common build as a healer at least unless you want a meme DPS build.

Sucrose wants 4 pieces of the Viridescent Venerer artifact set with Anemo damage/Elemental Mastery/Energy recharge stats and her best weapon is Sacrificial Fragments because it lets her use her elemental skill twice as often. She's built as an elemental support and swirl damage character typically.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
What is the best way to build barbara/sucrose? I got them in my team along baal and mc
Bruh. You got yourself Baal and you're worried about Barbie and Suc lol

Unfortunately I haven't built either despite both being in my team for a year so I can't give any advices except that Barbie loves HP iirc and Suc is a great support who should be there only to use her skill/ult and do nothing else.

MC is eh. I'm yet to give her Electro powers. Out of all elements MC shines the most with Geo I think.

What WL you are at? Any more 5☆ ?

P.S.

NMTj1vO.gif
finan4n.gif
3tK3YaR.gif
5ZL9egQ.gif
MwwkxVm.jpg

Congratulations on Baal ;D

Bruh. You got yourself Baal and you're worried about Barbie and Suc lol

Unfortunately I haven't built either despite both being in my team for a year so I can't give any advices except that Barbie loves HP iirc and Suc is a great support who should be there only to use her skill/ult and do nothing else.

MC is eh. I'm yet to give her Electro powers. Out of all elements MC shines the most with Geo I think.

What WL you are at? Any more 5☆ ?

P.S.

NMTj1vO.gif
finan4n.gif
3tK3YaR.gif
5ZL9egQ.gif
MwwkxVm.jpg

Congratulations on Baal ;D
ye thanks. I would love to swap MC for diluc but I cant help but feel kinda disconnected that mc will appear in cutscenes but wont be in my team lmao
and wr is 5 iirc. Playing on ps5

Last edited:

Saber

Barbara eh?
Well, you could either use her full support, focusing on maxing her burst and high level skill. Or you could use her as an elemental shield breaker/support, where you focus on ATK/Hydro dmg and max her auto-attack combo, while using her other skills as a support(priorizing her elemental skill). As an elemental reaction attacker in conjuction with high level of elemental skill(is more efficient when you auto-attack with her), she becomes pretty good imo.

Sucrose can be focused on being a support. Max either her elemental skill or her burst. I would suggest max her burst, as it keeps on the field for a good time. Her elemental skill can also be upped, but it doesn't need to be maxed if you don't wanna. Having 2 charges of her skill helps alot.
You can aways try focusing her auto attack as well, since shes anemo and its pretty much easy to do elemental reactions with her and build anemo artifact full set. Shes excellent against cryo hili shields, but mind the slimes.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
ye thanks. I would love to swap MC for diluc but I cant help but feel kinda disconnected that mc will appear in cutscenes but wont be in my team lmao
Ah, it's OK. MC is a pretty competent support hero, nothing wrong with playing as him/her.

Diluc would work extremely well with Barbie I think, Water and Pyro is an amazing combination. Same goes for Sucrose, she can give you a lot of particles, at least mine gives them to me.

In your case I chose this team:

Diluc as main DD
Baal as sub DD and main battery 🔋 for unlimited ultimates
MC as a pretty good and versatile support
Barbie for heals and Elemental reactions with Diluc

Sucrose can come and go, because you have Baal hah

BlackM1st

Banned
Barbie wants Thrilling Tales of Dragon Slayer (3* book, refined to rank 5 when you eventually can), and built for HP/Energy Recharge. That's her most common build as a healer at least unless you want a meme DPS build.

Sucrose wants 4 pieces of the Viridescent Venerer artifact set with Anemo damage/Elemental Mastery/Energy recharge stats and her best weapon is Sacrificial Fragments because it lets her use her elemental skill twice as often. She's built as an elemental support and swirl damage character typically.
Barbara eh?
Well, you could either use her full support, focusing on maxing her burst and high level skill. Or you could use her as an elemental shield breaker/support, where you focus on ATK/Hydro dmg and max her auto-attack combo, while using her other skills as a support(priorizing her elemental skill). As an elemental reaction attacker in conjuction with high level elemental skill(is more efficient when you attack with her), she becomes pretty good imo.

Sucrose can be focused on being a support. Max either her elemental skill or her burst. I would suggest max her burst as it keeps on the field for a good time. Her elemental skill can also be upped, but it doesn't need to be maxed if you don't wanna. Having 2 charges of her skill helps alot.
You can aways try focusing her auto attack as well, since shes anemo and its pretty much easy to do elemental reactions with her and build anemo artifact full set. Shes excellent against cryo hili shields, but mind the slimes.

Very sound advices

Pejo

which artifacts would you guys use on them?
Barbara doesn't really have a perfect set. Probably a mix of the 2pc Energy Recharge sets (like the 4* Exile or 5* Severed Fate) and 2pc HP set like Millelith. If you're actually using her elemental burst to heal often instead of sitting on it for a rainy day like I tend to do with her, the Noblesse set is good too since it buffs the whole party. Just go for advantageous substats like HP/Energy Recharge. She doesn't really need anything else.

Sucrose as I mentioned before pretty much always wants 4pc Viridescent Venerer set with an Anemo damage goblet if you can (most likely the odd piece out of the set).

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
If you're actually using her elemental burst to heal often instead of sitting on it for a rainy day like I tend to do with her
raiden-shogun-genshin-imapact.gif

You don't feed her with ultimates? Blasphemy!

Besides if your team doesn't have shields, you're destined to use Barbie for healing Hah

Fake

Use her as basic attacks I guess. Her elemental skill heal as she perfomance basic attacks, so would be better doing that.

4 set wander, or 2 set wander + 2 set hydro bonus. I don't recommend increase her healing effect by artifacts.

Weapons can vary, between mapple and the sacrifice book. Will all depends of your player style. Mapple can be forged by prototype, while sacrifice only via wish.

My brother is main Barbara so you should talk to him.

Pejo

raiden-shogun-genshin-imapact.gif

You don't feed her with ultimates? Blasphemy!

Besides if your team doesn't have shields, you're destined to use Barbie for healing Hah
True, I don't use Barbie with Baal, she's the water application on my Diluc team. I only ever need the healing from her ring, so I sit on her Burst like I do with HP potions and Elixers in JRPGs.

Saber

which artifacts would you guys use on them?

Barbara doesn't need full set imo. She can use a 2-set hydro damage bonus as primary, any other 2 set like HP/recharge(like Pejo Pejo suggested) works well on her, but in my case I use 2 set of Gladiator since shes a damage dealer.

Theres no wrong on Sucrose. Full set of anemo damage work wonders on her.

Saber

It's ok, I auto-attack with her in conjuction with alot of characters
- While using Fichz Oz
- While using Kaeya burst
- During either Sucrose Burst or Kaede Burst
- During Pyro Tornado

As I said, I use her as elemental reaction damage dealer. Pretty uncommon, just like using Kaeya as a main damage dealer. I even read once on reddit people calling his shield "ultra rare", I had already for quite sometime already.

Last edited:

Pejo

Barbara doesn't need full set imo. She can use a 2-set hydro damage bonus as primary, any other 2 set like HP/recharge(like Pejo Pejo suggested) works well on her, but in my case I use 2 set of Gladiator since shes a damage dealer.

Theres no wrong on Sucrose. Full set of anemo damage work wonders on her.
Man I am all for crazy builds, but how do you make up for the fact that niether her elemental skill nor her burst do any damage at all? Just spam charge attacks?

*edit* whoops, made my post before reading your explanation. Funny story, I used to use Barb/Lisa at the very beginning of the game to take down physical resist enemies like ruin sentinels and hunters by just constantly mashing attack and swapping between the both of them. It worked decently well until I figured out the battle system a bit more.

Last edited:

Saber

Man I am all for crazy builds, but how do you make up for the fact that niether her elemental skill nor her burst do any damage at all? Just spam charge attacks?

*edit* whoops, made my post before reading your explanation. Funny story, I used to use Barb/Lisa at the very beginning of the game to take down physical resist enemies like ruin sentinels and hunters by just constantly mashing attack and swapping between the both of them. It worked decently well until I figured out the battle system a bit more.

Haha it's ok, my builds ain't meta and neither supposed to be super duper strategies. Really, its pretty straightfoward. She deal damage with autos in conjuction with elemental reactions, theres not much to it.
And since she autos, she is more efficient to heal my party during here elemental skill and don't relly much on her ult.
Shes the one who basically carried my team on that stupid Spyral when I used to play.

BlackM1st

Banned
I feel like I'm playing Genshin Ultimate Impact and just nuke everything from an orbit lol

Explode Nuclear Bomb GIF by Star Wars

You guys and your builds are hilarious. Top Fun hah.

Fake

To each his own, game let's you do a lot of stuff but generally you want to kill everything asap before it gets to you or time runs out.

Mainly Genshin Impact problem. Read the first pages of the thread. Its always about 'defeat a foe in that time'. Is a shit form of say get better/spend money.

BlackM1st

Banned
yZut2T6.jpg

Looks like this is gonna be a "premium" or "special" skin for one of the girls in GFL2.

Armored pantsu on top of 0 suit from the Metroid lmao

It should give us a basic idea about what they are planning to do with premium skins, at least for now.

Reminds me Mona/Cocogoat/EULA approach.

LOLCats

Banned
yZut2T6.jpg

Looks like this is gonna be a "premium" or "special" skin for one of the girls in GFL2.

Armored pantsu on top of 0 suit from the Metroid lmao

It should give us a basic idea about what they are planning to do with premium skins, at least for now.

Reminds me Mona/Cocogoat/EULA approach.
Such emotion

Pejo

At last they're back

And:

Holy shit dev feedback. Why has this been missing for so long. Even if it's problems that only a handful of people care about, its better than the complete silence of the past months.

Also, hope they get Shogun's electro ring when they adjust on-screen display in bow aim mode.

*edit*
Q: Controllers for PS5 don't work very well on PC. When will support be added?

A: In Version 2.2, PCs will now support DualSense™ (PlayStation5) Wireless Controllers~ Travelers can experience the immersive Haptic Feedback and dynamic Adaptive Trigger function of the DualSense™ Wireless Controller.

Fuck yea, Dualsense support finally. Adios Dualshock 4s and microUSB cables from my life forever. Genshin and Honkai were the last 2 games I play that didn't support them.

Ok, so good chance this is fake, but word is that the first Itto design leak is out.

I actually kinda like it so far. Definitely not the "buff male" model though, it seems to still use the adult male that we have for Zhongli/Diluc/etc.

6gjmz9fh1rr71.jpg

Last edited:

YukiOnna

I think there are a few voice lines that mention him, that's it though.

We still haven't had a big womanizer character type... say something like
iu
I want Jiraiya style or someone who's actually a Samurai like Masanori. So far, only the NPC's on the warfront or side quests have shown that battle hungry type. Ayato will likely be more like Tohma since he's a head of a clan.

BlackM1st

Banned
We still haven't had a big womanizer character type.
Probably wouldn't get it ever haha

Such emotion
It's ok, game is fully 3D, so her anime faces are probably used only in the UI or menu screens. GFL has an amazing art direction.

Holy shit dev feedback.

More Inazuma-style Furnishing Blueprints are also added in the coming version, and you may obtain them from the teapot spirit Tubby, the Sacred Sakura, certain World Quests, or a brand-new type of treasure chest called Remarkable Chests on Tsurumi Island.

Groan.

aint nobody got time for that GIF

Saber

I want Jiraiya style or someone who's actually a Samurai like Masanori. So far, only the NPC's on the warfront or side quests have shown that battle hungry type. Ayato will likely be more like Tohma since he's a head of a clan.

Any chance it could be Grandmaster? I feel like he is the happy-to-go type of character who enjoys life as a whole and could possibily be a man into women. Something would totally say "is he really the Grandmaster?"

Fuz

Banned
"buff male" model though, it seems to still use the adult male that we have for Zhongli/Diluc/etc.

6gjmz9fh1rr71.jpg
Ok, if this is true I might like him. Can catch a glimpse of horns, though.
Good that the ribbon has no erect penises like Yoimiya.
Also, hope he's gonna use EM as primary stat.

Last edited:

Pejo

Any chance it could be Grandmaster? I feel like he is the happy-to-go type of character who enjoys life as a whole and could possibily be a man into women. Something would totally say "is he really the Grandmaster?"
Yea I do picture Varka as a free spirited dude that just does whatever, so you might be right. I'm curious to see how they're going to do his mechanical/missing arm. We haven't had any characters like that, and I'm hoping they tie it into his moveset instead of it just being a normal arm with armor over it.

Top Bottom