• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

YukiOnna

Kaz is insufferable to me.

Plus those damn shorts... Can't unsee it.

Sure he's fun and useful but I have like 20+ fun and useful heroes including Sayu and Jean so yeah, I'm good thanks.
I have a soft spot for Nobunaga characters... Plus he's Edmond Dantes in FGO...

Pejo

I really like Kaz's kit. If they'd have had the "Shogun moment" with him before his banner, I think more people would have rolled for him. I see him being a pretty successful rerun since he had a good story bit and he's meta for various teams.

BlackM1st

Banned
It's too "on the nose" for the villain to be beside you the whole time.
It's ain't happening.

How they will explain it to censors that their mascot is a villain? Remember, no gray area heroes and no evil protagonists.

Guy does absolutely nothing to me. I hope the age of soft boys in GI is over or at least they will take a break from it.

Thoma is too one dimensional and not cool ,so I have high hopes for that thong wearing samurai bro.

I just hophe that he isn't a character from ...

A9469B77AC861DE12C0AB6FCE71F368FF98C8EF9

YukiOnna

I really like Kaz's kit. If they'd have had the "Shogun moment" with him before his banner, I think more people would have rolled for him. I see him being a pretty successful rerun since he had a good story bit and he's meta for various teams.
Same. I think he should have been a 2.x banner anyway since he deserves more. I'll definitely go for him on the re-run.

Guy does absolutely nothing to me. I hope the age of soft boys in GI is over or at least they will take a break from it.
I don't mind that as much, but I just want a proper warrior/battle hungry type character since we see plenty in World Quests like the Iwakura School Kairagi or Masanori. Ayato definitely won't be one since he's the head of the clan and needs to be a diplomat.

Reactions: Fuz

Pejo

I don't mind that as much, but I just want a proper warrior/battle hungry type character since we see plenty in World Quests like the Iwakura School Kairagi or Masanori. Ayato definitely won't be one since he's the head of the clan and needs to be a diplomat.
7pKXKp4.png

Who could fit such a description, hmm...

*edit*

Source is "trust me bro (reliable)", but...

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
iWvPIm2.jpg

Nintendo Genshin is d00med!

Genshin's profits spread from the AppStore in September:

China 31%

USA 21%

Japan 21%

Japan + USA > China and yet MiHo listens only to China.

Probably being located there + constant fear of being stabbed puts things in to different perspective lol

Hmm Shenshe looking pretty bad for me. Guess I'm really going to be scouting only twice in next 4 banners ....
That model leaked God knows when.

It's very old, we really don't know how she looks now and who is she.

IIRC old leaks were saying that she's a Cloud Retainer's human form and is secretly in love with the Traveller lol

Pejo

That model leaked God knows when.

It's very old, we really don't know how she looks now and who is she.

IIRC old leaks were saying that she's a Cloud Retainer's human form and is secretly in love with the Traveller lol
They've gone the self-insert direction with Traveler, so every character is going to be travelersexual. I don't really care one way or the other, but it is interesting how the changed some married and otherwise unavailable characters. Ayaka's the obvious one. The old story was something like that she was married to the head of a clan which hamstrung her ability to do anything to help the people, which is why she asks for help. They turned her into the biggest waifu bait in the game so far. I'm sure it makes more money if every character is into >you<. The old story is mostly just hearsay anyways though, maybe it never existed to begin with.

I also heard rumors back in the day that Shenhe's kit got gutted and given to Eula, so there's a chance she's not Cryo or a Claymore now. I hope that's true. A Hydro spear or Geo bow would be nice. I don't need any more Pyro/Cryo characters for a long ass time. Yunjin used to be Geo bow, but word is that she's been switched to Anemo something.

Wonder when they're going to introduce new weapon classes to the game? It's only a matter of time, it shakes up the gameplay and forces EVERYONE to pull/craft new weapons. The anniversary would have been a good time to announce such a thing, but well.... Maybe Sumeru. I'm hoping for whips, scythes, guns, gauntlets/fists, maybe 2h axe.

Also, I put some lore videos on to fall asleep to last night, but I thought this one was interesting. Not all of her points make sense, but it at least explains a lot of outside elements to the game that people just take for granted like the wish system, and Paimon's role, character switching, etc.

BlackM1st

Banned
travelersexual
Lmao, I like it

They turned her into the biggest waifu bait in the game so far.
Can't say that I'm against it too mwuahahah

A Hydro spear or Geo bow would be nice
Yeah, need more weapon x element combos.
Yunjin used to be Geo bow, but word is that she's been switched to Anemo something
Anemo is fun, but please can we finally get some DD from it? Enough of supports.

Wonder when they're going to introduce new weapon classes to the game? It's only a matter of time
With such sales? 10 years plan!

Maybe Sumeru
word-image-365-800x446.jpeg.webp

He looks promising, but I doubt that GI will fulfill my fantasy of having a futuristic Ancient Egypt in game.
Does anyone even remember the original Stargate movie?

tumblr_ma5z4e0N4v1r7gakko1_500.gif

f684474258b49737765172f4d35a94b4.gif

SpiffyImpressionableFattaileddunnart-size_restricted.gif

scythes, guns, gauntlets/fists
Yes please. Guns and fists would be amazing.

maybe 2h axe
I think any claymore user can wield it too just need to be a good model. I mean we already can use a giant fish and a spiked club lol

it shakes up the gameplay and forces EVERYONE to pull
Yeah, absolutely but MiHo is achieving almost the same results by simply releasing a tailor made weapons for new heroes hah Kokomi 's 🍩 is great on her and pretty terrible in general use. Same goes for Baal's spear. It's ain't no Homa.

Pejo

Why use fake Eula when you have real one :D But if they are going to repeat kits please give me female character with giga shield like Zhongli
To me, this sounds like Shenhe completely supplants Rosaria. If her Burst is a pulse like Ros's, why would you ever use her after this? It stinks, because Eula kinda came in and ate Rosaria's lunch a patch after she released, now Shenhe is killing and burying her. I don't for a second think that this leaked kit would be able to outshine Eula in her niche of huge physical burst damage. It's more like a sustained physical damage. I don't really buy it anyways, since it seems way too close to Rosaria's kit.

I hope that's fake because she doesn't sound very unique. Way too similar to other characters already in the game. Despite recent electro and hydro additions there's still a overabundance of cryo and pyro characters, so I wish they'd keep pushing the other elements a bit more.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
To me, this sounds like Shenhe completely supplants Rosaria. If her Burst is a pulse like Ros's, why would you ever use her after this? It stinks, because Eula kinda came in and ate Rosaria's lunch a patch after she released, now Shenhe is killing and burying her. I don't for a second think that this leaked kit would be able to outshine Eula in her niche of huge physical burst damage. It's more like a sustained physical damage. I don't really buy it anyways, since it seems way too close to Rosaria's kit.
Big Cryo AoE I guess.

If you worried if Rosaria will be obsolete that's Gacha games in a nutshell with all the powercreep that ends up happening.

5* competing with 4* isn't that much of problem - 4* is accessible to pretty much everyone playing game while 5* are much rarer

But lol Mihoyo concentrating on important changes

At the Souvenir Shops in Mondstadt and Liyue, there is no limit to the amount of Mora that can be exchanged, but we have added a limit for each exchange, which is 300.

Would it really kill them to reset those shops after a year ?

They bother me A LOT.
Really like the rest of his design, but fucking mihoyo has to always add a detail that I hate.
Doesn't Dio have black fingernails?

Easy skip for me anyway. I think he looks gay af. Chances of a Ganyu rerun next patch are slim too. This is gonna be a rough period.

Pejo

They still somehow made him have twink vibes. I'm going to pass on this one too. What a bummer, the design looked so cool from the back view, only to be midriff'd and pretty boy'd. For some reason I expected him to at least have a gruff expression.

Saber

Gold Member
This guy is weird. Comparing him with the other male arts, he's different(specially in the face). If it wasn't for the official announcement, I would say hes a fanmade character.

Pejo

Well some good shit leaking at least. Some updated voice lines about Yunjin and Shenhe in 2.2, looks like Shenhe is definitely coming.

9jidfm1viss71.jpg

Top Bottom